Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 must make effort to solve overtaking problem, says Brawn

Ross always had the cure for passing, "Team orders", move over. RB has no #1 #2 driver, so they race for the win. It becomes driver skill, not radio passing only.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I just don't understand the hatred towards Monaco. It's one of my favorite races on the calendar. The track requires an incredible amount of skill and precision, and rarely disappoints me.
    Yeah I don't understand the sudden urge for overtaking everyone has now. People talk about how good F1 was back in the 90s and 2000s but there was barely any on track overtakes most overtakes where done in the pitlane if you are watching Monaco looking for overtakes you are watching it wrong

brawn wants mario kart instead of f1 it seems
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Overtaking is part of racing
    Monaco is too narrow for modern F1 cars. Nice track if you are doing some kind of time attack stuff, but not for racing.

Cars in the past are able to overtake better due to the less complex aero, which made them less susceptible to dirty air.
    Modern F1 aero are too complex, and as they get more complex, they become more sensitive.

We need downforce to make F1 cars go fast, but it not necessarily have to be complex aero. You can have simpler design such as shaped floors.
    These F1 aero design brings little value to car company anyway, they are not something that can be ported over to road cars. So, there's no harm losing all the complex aero if we can have simpler design while retaining the same level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    If you are watching Monaco looking for overtakes, you are watching it wrong.
    Nailed it!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I just don't understand the hatred towards Monaco. It's one of my favorite races on the calendar. The track requires an incredible amount of skill and precision, and rarely disappoints me.
    Hate Monaco with a passion, since the demands made by FIA for Monza to introduce runoff areas and changes in its layout to conform to "safety" issues about a decade ago, but Monaco and it's procession is allowed to persevere simply because it's a money cow...
    There's nothing exciting or allowing for proper racing in the monaco layout.
    And... it's safety???

Going into and coming out of that tunnel is great to watch!! F1 is a money cow! The pride of a F1 driver is to say he won at Monaco!

Allow me to refresh your memory with this educational video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_G4fEpaCQ

RBR have implemented team orders and there have been times that drivers have ignored it.
    Understandably you might not remember it :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Anyone but Max will second guess Ferrari as the team to go to. Seb is friendly , gets along with everyone, just obey team orders! Even if as of lately pole is no help to him. Leclerc is doing and will do fine in F1 , just to be rewarded with a #2 spot ? Leclerc will deserve better. Meanwhile a driver and team thinking , I lost the race but the car finished safe and sound. I saved tire wear etc. Max is the man!!