Thread: Driving style of F1 drivers

Driving style of F1 drivers

So I started a new topic about different driving styles from F1 drivers. I have been watching Seb from 2007 on, and I can tell you some things about his driving style.
    Many people said that he didnt like the lack of rear downforce, but in reality he himself said that he likes his rear end of the car a little bit loose out of the corners. What it is the most important think for him is a good stability under braking and good front-end grip when turning into the corner, just like Kimi. He also said that he really hates understeer, because all you can do is to wait what will happen with the car going deep in the corner and its out of control. On a video he said that he likes oversteer much more, because you have more control and you can push the car more. In his EBD years (2011-2013) his car had a lot more downforce and in the beginning of 2011 it was evident that he managed to really nail the regulations. From 2011 on he dominated Webber, in 2011,2013 the car in Webbers hands was the second best car in best case, the point is that Red Bull was only dominant in Vettels hands. This new regulations (2017-2018) are very good for my favourite driver, and he should only get better with the developement of this years car and in the next year, because the cars will get even more downforce and grip. Hope our team keeps on the good work.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 8th April 2018 at 09:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    So I started a new topic about different driving styles from F1 drivers. I have been watching Seb from 2007 on, and I can tell you some things about his driving style.
    Many people said that he didnt like the lack of rear downforce, but in reality he himself said that he likes his rear end of the car a little bit loose out of the corners. What it is the most important think for him is a good stability under braking and good front-end grip when turning into the corner, just like Kimi. He also said that he really hates understeer, because all you can do is to wait what will happen with the car going deep in the corner and its out of control. On a video he said that he likes oversteer much more, because you have more control and you can push the car more. In his EBD years (2011-2013) his car had a lot more downforce and in the beginning of 2011 it was evident that he managed to really nail the regulations. From 2011 on he dominated Webber, in 2011,2013 the car in Webbers hands was the second best car in best case, the point is that Red Bull was only dominant in Vettels hands. This new regulations (2017-2018) are very good for my favourite driver, and he should only get better with the developement of this years car and in the next year, because the cars will get even more downforce and grip. Hope our team keeps on the good work.

Cheers.
    Good points, leclerc also mentioned he prefers oversteer and he is struggling with driving with understeer of his f1 car
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Great old article about Sebs and Kimis driving style and how they are the different in it.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...us-vettel.html
    Last edited by Vettel165; 13th April 2018 at 21:15.

Great old article about Sebs and Kimis driving style and how they are the different in it.

There's no mention of the consequences of being the #2 designated driver.

lol Max driving style would be use the car ahead as a turning crutch, stupid torpedo 2.0
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Danny ric love to have him in red