Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2018 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    "I go when the light is green. I don't see what happens behind. Unfortunately he got hurt, but my job is to go when the light changes," says Raikkonen
    makes sense to me....same thing that happend to Massa in Singapore 2008 wehn he took off with the fuel hose....totally NOT his fault....agfain the light was green trere as well....obviously a system error three too
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

did the light go green for kimi's pit or did they drop him off the jack too quick? i dont want to see that mechanic get hurt again, does anyone know what was the problem? the old tyre was still on while some new tyres were also on
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

im saying they should prevent hurting any more mechanics from my team... not sure what you going on for
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Hope mechanic is ok, but it’s that mechanics fault standing in front of rear tyre.
    The fault is with whatever made the light turn green, the left rear was not even changed. Mechanic could have not stood there but ultimate fault is somewhere else

A lion of a race for seb

https://streamable.com/vndze

Lil' Lewis: He's just a ...........

We know we know he hit our drivers to a fair amount last year.

Max still needs to learn ALOT!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    They were going to 2 stop both cars but becuase of Kimis pitstop they couldn't pit Seb
    Why would they not pit Seb bcoz of Kimis failed stop ? It was a mistake doesn't mean it will keep happening again ..they just realized that it wouldn't win us the race ...

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    did the light go green for kimi's pit or did they drop him off the jack too quick? i dont want to see that mechanic get hurt again, does anyone know what was the problem? the old tyre was still on while some new tyres were also on
    I think it was both ..light went green and Jack was dropped ..

Congrats to SV and the team, shame about what happened to KR.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post

Max tries to win a race in the first corner. I wonder what they going to blame it on now? 150bhp boost

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post

thats typical max, goes crazy at the starts and if you don't yield to him, he smashes into you

2 out of 2 !!! Amazing start to the season. Long may it continue...

Congratulations Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    I think it was both ..light went green and Jack was dropped ..
    Ahh man what a blunder, i didnt see how bad the injury was in real time and thought one of the guys tripped or something, that was terrible. why couldn't they wheel kimi back and fix the tyre issue is it not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Why would they not pit Seb bcoz of Kimis failed stop ? It was a mistake doesn't mean it will keep happening again ..they just realized that it wouldn't win us the race ...
    The medics were taking the mechanic away on a stretcher by the time he was gone Ferrari realised they would be better staying out lets just enjoy the win and hope the mechanic has a speedy recovery

Ferrari tweet on the condition of the mechanic

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...32497587007488

Ahh man what a blunder, i didnt see how bad the injury was in real time and thought one of the guys tripped or something, that was terrible. why couldn't they wheel kimi back and fix the tyre issue is it not allowed?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Totaly!

Did they mention the name of the mechanic? These guys risk a lot during pit stops and it would be a good gesture for us Ferrari fans to start a thread to wish him a full recovery.
    Last edited by da_one; 8th April 2018 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Did they mention the name of the mechanic? These guys risk a lot during pit stops and it would be a good gesture for us Ferrari fans to start a thread to wish him a full revocery.
    Francesco they said on twitter

So we are kinder on our tyres compared to almost everyone. Good reference going forward.

Fast recovery to Francesco!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So we are kinder on our tyres compared to almost everyone. Good reference going forward.
    So for sure Pirelli will change something

i couldnt find a correlation on how our engine stands up to mercedes

its too gruesome man, i couldnt watch it again to know where the mistake was, the green light or dropping off the jack to quick

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Francesco they said on twitter
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Arguable. We were also struggling for pace on the SS in the first stint. Bottas was closing back down on Vettel which is why he pulled the trigger.

That is seriously hard to watch. IMHO a lot of close attention needs to be paid to the traffic light systems of all teams and see if we can do better. This cannot ever happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Totaly!
    dude i still can't believe that was a miracle win , i feared the worst having flashbacks of austria and silverstone , i dont understand how seb pulled it off with two party modes behind him

I think the FIA may look at pit stops, they may insist on the lollipop man coming back due to the errors in the last few races

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    That is seriously hard to watch. IMHO a lot of close attention needs to be paid to the traffic light systems of all teams and see if we can do better. This cannot ever happen again.
    not nice to watch. I posted as people moaning about mistake. End of the day, Francesco was in position to change wheel. If he would of made that change he would of stepped back before light goes green.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE