Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2018 - Race Thread

Remember that the Q3 tyres will be US for China gp, this might play into our hands. And Mercedes usually hates the SS,US tyres. We might have a another good chance, if we nail the setup and our updates works. We are bringing a brand new floor at China, which should further improve rear stability of the car, for Bahrain we did noT bring any updates, and we manage to win the race and be on a front row, nice one. Mercedes will bring their updates for the Barcelona GP, James Allison effect might be there, he usually brought just maybe 2-3 big updates per year when he was in our team. But last 2 years we are bringing some small pieces nearly every GP, this year car philosophy (long wheel based car) is for me better than last year, very good in straight line in looks good also in corners. Low Drag+high rake combination. We had a very good race today, Seb was very good, but I feel very bad for Kimi and I hope for a mechanic (Francesco) that he will get better soon, with his pace he could challenge Bottas for P2. Hope they will improve that problems in the pits until next GP, and be more careful, and maybe leave 1-2 s on the table in the pits than destroy the entire race. Its better to be save than sorry. But our car looks very good. But our feets needs to still be on the ground.
    Forza!!
    Last edited by Vettel165; 8th April 2018 at 19:21.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Whaaat? lol, no.
    so far....yes, we have two drivers in top form; can't blame Kimi for the 2 mishaps (Australia & Bahrain) so far by the team. Kimi, being the Finn that he is from an ideology standpoint, if they car ain't good why even try whilst also considering your rivals leap in performance. When Vettel's in trouble as in years past, THEN he steps up to the plate. Kimi likes what the team have put together this year with the SF71-H....so I would say yes, he is currently in top form due to his performance times....he's not that far from Vettel in times for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i couldnt find a correlation on how our engine stands up to mercedes
    I think we are still behind Merc during races. Bottas and Hamilton were taking two, three tenths from Vettel in the first sector lap after lap.

I believe it is the fuel consumption not being there yet. Wouldn't it be nice if Shell delivers some new formula of fuel with 10 more bhp and a few percents of better efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    so far....yes, we have two drivers in top form; can't blame Kimi for the 2 mishaps (Australia & Bahrain) so far by the team. Kimi, being the Finn that he is from an ideology standpoint, if they car ain't good why even try whilst also considering your rivals leap in performance. When Vettel's in trouble as in years past, THEN he steps up to the plate. Kimi likes what the team have put together this year with the SF71-H....so I would say yes, he is currently in top form due to his performance times....he's not that far from Vettel in times for 2018.
    Ferraristeve is a troll, he is Ferrari in name only. Don’t feed the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Best Sectors & Fastest laps of the race:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaSA8ZLWsAIBDn4.jpg

Why they stopped Kimi if one tyre was not changed? Was it loose? If not, meny points throwed away.

"Any driver who uses a set of tyres of differing specifications during the race may not
    complete more than three laps on this set before changing them for a set of tyres of the
    same specification. A penalty under Article 38.3(d) will be imposed on any driver who
    does not change tyres within three laps. For the avoidance of doubt, a set of tyres of
    differing specifications will not be considered when assessing the number of
    specifications used during the race."

Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    Why they stopped Kimi if one tyre was not changed? Was it loose? If not, meny points throwed away.

"Any driver who uses a set of tyres of differing specifications during the race may not
    complete more than three laps on this set before changing them for a set of tyres of the
    same specification. A penalty under Article 38.3(d) will be imposed on any driver who
    does not change tyres within three laps. For the avoidance of doubt, a set of tyres of
    differing specifications will not be considered when assessing the number of
    specifications used during the race."
    He ran over one of his own mechanics there is no more "unsafe release" than that.

I read everything so far. Some notes:
    1. Great drive by VET
    2. Once more RAI proved that he doesn't care if something is wrong. I love Kimi, but for Christ same, he didn't even asked about the mechanic!
    3. I am worried about our strategist. They brought Kimi in to fit him with SS while it was obvious from 1st stint that they were not that faster.

My wishes for a proper and full recovery to Francesco.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    2. Once more RAI proved that he doesn't care if something is wrong. I love Kimi, but for Christ same, he didn't even asked about the mechanic!
    How do you know?
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    How do you know?
    He was green lit and was asked to stop. He might not have even known what happened to the mechanic at that point of time

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    He ran over one of his own mechanics there is no more "unsafe release" than that.
    Does unsafe release that you must abort race?

Bottas vs Vettel last 2 laps onboard

https://streamable.com/4zllt

Quote Originally Posted by Jakke74 View Post
    Does unsafe release that you must abort race?
    The left rear tire which had not yet been removed was likely not fastened properly to the car. Ferrari did the correct thing in stopping him immediately to prevent potentially something worse than what had already happened.

In fact they stopped him so quickly after the incident you can tell there was not a bit of a thought to letting him continue.

Fault the team as they deserve for the accident occurring but everything the team did once the accident happened is as they should have done, including immediately going to plan B for Vettel (one stop) which allowed us to win the race.

Just watch Toto on TV saying we were fuel saving from the get go..... If no fuel saving we would lap the field

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I think we are still behind Merc during races. Bottas and Hamilton were taking two, three tenths from Vettel in the first sector lap after lap.

I believe it is the fuel consumption not being there yet. Wouldn't it be nice if Shell delivers some new formula of fuel with 10 more bhp and a few percents of better efficiency?
    But was that because Vettel was managing his pace and then nursing the spent tires? Did we really see Ferrari's true pace? Raikkonen perhaps could have shed more light on fresh tires?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Such a beautiful car.
    bahrain-gp-080418.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    But was that because Vettel was managing his pace and then nursing the spent tires? Did we really see Ferrari's true pace? Raikkonen perhaps could have shed more light on fresh tires?

Well... as far as I remember, the difference in S1 was still apparent during the first stint when both Vettel and Bottas were on the same tire.

Well... as far as I remember, the difference in S1 was still apparent during the first stint when both Vettel and Bottas were on the same tire.
    Seb run a higher downforce setup (more wing) than Kimi, in qualy Seb managed to hit 324 km/h, Kimi 327 km/h. Bottas was something in the middle. We should compare S1 from Kimi on this race with Bottas, but I dont have a link. Seb was really strong in S2 in the race.

Get well soon Francesco!
    DaR1zRkX4AADGyp.jpg

Great win again, testament to a team that had plans in place; if only Kimi has kept his position at the start of the race we would have raced on our own strategy, but the team was spot on with Vettel strategy when he changed to soft tyre:

1. The team will do two stops or
    2. One stop race.

So Vettel did not putting stress on his tyre with both strategy in mind; that was why his tyre lasted almost 40 laps once they switched to one stop race, they had Merc covered

Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by SeaAb View Post
    Get well soon Francesco!
    DaR1zRkX4AADGyp.jpg
    Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Get well soon.
    Poor guy, looks very likeable in the team. I saw him many times on TV, hope he will get back soon.

Agreed, but in this era of F1, when you're in front I believe the strategy is to manage and let the ones behind go more aggressively so their tires fall off faster. That's why I never read too much into the numbers now as much as I did in the Schumi era. It's still a formula where everyone is saving fuel and tires. That's another topic and while I do want to see Ferrari win, I'm still not a fan of this Formula, although it's fun for the average fan to watch. Anyway, I went on a tangent. I think F and M are level when it matters. I could be wrong.

I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Not bad for a third fastest team that has engineered itself into a hole :)

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Ferraristeve is a troll, he is Ferrari in name only. Don’t feed the troll.

I find that very offensive, check my post history.

Busy day for me today, but followed the race during driving. Mixed feelings, at first Botas at start, than Kimi at pit stop, had to switch off the stream for a moment because of the pain watching the accident. Than had to switch off for the second time a few laps before the end to not experience the overtake but couldnt resist to switch back on and enjoy the last one and a half laps. Thriller.

Sorry for my longish post, I just wanted to say thank you to the team, pole and win, man, what a weekend and to wish a speedy recovery to the mechanic.

Wow look at that top speed by our car. Last year that was just a big dream, Mercedes were destroying us with a much better engine, on some circuits they passed us with ease. Well this year things changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1wtO02HMgI

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I find that very offensive, check my post history.
    Sorry man you are right, my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Bravissimo!

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    That was a good drive from Vettel. But that was a hard fought win. We need to be more efficient and Ferrari needs to concentrate on both the pits.When was the last time we saw zee germans botch up a strategy or the pit stops
    No one not notice Bottas stop? Not botched but was slow. 3.8 secs if I remember correctly