Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2018 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Get well soon.
    wow his face is very familiar, wish him speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Rightfully.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So vettel won with two mercedes at full steam behind him.
    With 40 laps old soft tyres.
    With fuel saving from the beginning(dixit toto)
    With huge improvements coming( china)
    We can say we are in better shape compared to last year ( this Is a fact, not GPS deduction from AMS)

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I read everything so far. Some notes:

2. Once more RAI proved that he doesn't care if something is wrong. I love Kimi, but for Christ same, he didn't even asked about the mechanic!
    If not care, why post ”Get well soon mate” to Francesco ig?

7AB78342-9572-41A8-B4C6-E456E601103E.jpeg

Marc Gene said that China will be thought for us

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Where did he said that? Yeah I think it gonna be harder than in Bahrain, but all is possible. It will be again all about the tyres and finding that sweet spot with the setup. I hope for a dry friday, now its looking like the rain might hit the track for the entire friday. But weather can soon change. That long straight might play into our hands also, with our very low drag. S2 should be good for us also, it has that medium-fast corners in which we were quick in Bahrain also.

Wow Shanghai with Baku both got the longest straight on the calendar, this will be the ultimate test for the Ferrari vs Mercedes engine comparing with each other.

http://f1statblog.co.uk/2016/06/longest-straights-f1/

US tyres will be the Q3 tyres remember. Will Mercedes again have problems with softer tyres (they had problems with SS in Bahrain)? Only time will tell.
    For me the Shaghai is a more tyre limited track than Bahrain, remember what happened in 2011,2013. We know that Bahrain is a rear limited track and China front limited. But still you need good traction out of slow corners, because if the car is slightly unbalanced and is sliding a little bit even the rears can get soon to overheathing phase. I expect a 2 stop race.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 9th April 2018 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Ferrari are best on the straights, that's what we have seen so far. As long as they are good with the tires in the cooler conditions compared to Merc they should be in good shape.

Kimi said dduring the PC that the didn't know what happen to the mechanic, he didn't ask. So, yes, regardless of how much I like him, this was rude.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Kimi said in the PC that the didn't know what happen to the mechanic, he didn't ask. So, yes, regardless of how much I like him, this was rude.
    Yes wasn't happy with this. He didn't even go over to see what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Ferrari are best on the straights, that's what we have seen so far. As long as they are good with the tires in the cooler conditions compared to Merc they should be in good shape.
    That means we should finally celebrate in Monza again!

A guy that his brother works inside Ferrari, said that the aeri package is ready and we will have it in China. And when another one ask him if he know what it is he said "i know but you understand i cant say" (he didnt whant to expose he's brother!!??)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    A guy that his brother works inside Ferrari, said that the aeri package is ready and we will have it in China. And when another one ask him if he know what it is he said "i know but you understand i cant say" (he didnt whant to expose he's brother!!??)
    Looks like it. Maybe he made a promise to his brother not to reveal stuff because it goes against his brother's confidentiality agreement.

So we didn't have a new floor, diffuser and bargeboards here in Bahrain?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Looks like it. Maybe he made a promise to his brother not to reveal stuff because it goes against his brother's confidentiality agreement.

So we didn't have a new floor, diffuser and bargeboards here in Bahrain?
    Νο.Everybody (and Seb also) say that we only make set up changes
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Νο.Everybody (and Seb also) say that we only make set up changes
    Great news being competitive with the same car from Australia, that means massive improvements in the races to come. It looks like this year (at least for now), we have the advantage on high-speed tracks. However, it could be that the Mercedes' PU just doesn't like the hot, as Toto said. I think China will reveal way more as to where we stand against Merc, but we are looking awesome.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day
    seems like wet Friday, Sat afternoon but dry race on Sunday in China

Apart from the unfortunate pit lane accident, yesterday's race reminded me of what I love watching F1 the most.
    The last few laps felt like I was holding my breath all the time.

I think our engines have improved a lot.
    I'm sure Vettel was saving all his MGU power to defend, but it didn't look like Bottas could close the gap fast enough even with DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day
    seems like wet Friday, Sat afternoon but dry race on Sunday in China
    So Ferrari needs to get act together interms pf setting up the car.

Well two races down and two victories,fuel saving and on the softs for 39 laps ����no new bits on the car,so far
    We're looking in a rather good position,yesterday was a great drive from Vet and showed how much he's matured,unfortunately we threw some good points away with Kimi's stop but things are looking good over all.

onwards and upwards and lets enjoy our race wins but as with F1 things can change in a matter of seconds

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Amazing race but my celebration was cut short. My best friend, our Pomeranian, Rosie, passed away only hours after the race. She knew how much I love Ferrari F1, I hope she brings us luck from above this season.

Lewis...typical

Best of Team Radio | 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUOgEfE9Cf4

Forza Ferrari!

Grande, Seb. What a drive.

Shame about Kimi; wishing Francesco a speedy recovery.

That power unit.

Mercedes needed to get cute for results, I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Amazing race but my celebration was cut short. My best friend, our Pomeranian, Rosie, passed away only hours after the race. She knew how much I love Ferrari F1, I hope she brings us luck from above this season.
    ohhhhhh....i am sooooo sorry for your loss.
    i know exactly how it feels when you loose a furry one; same thing happened to me when my first dog (that i had while living at home) passed away....it is really hard knowing that it was part of the family for so long.

i'm almost certain that your furry one is still watching you guys from ABOVE and STILL looking after you's....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The Mad Max HAM incident would have got so much more attention had some of the other incidents not taken place. What did you guys think about the incident?
    I felt that he just tried to push HAM out of the track typical Mad Max style. Notice how wide he was off the racing line and he had the audacity to think that HAM should have been penalised for the incident. I can't help but think sometime during the year one of our guys is going to suffer due to his "" behaviour

Biggest Improvement 2017 vs 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaaG4UyW0AAviYP.jpg