Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain GP 2018 - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    That is seriously hard to watch. IMHO a lot of close attention needs to be paid to the traffic light systems of all teams and see if we can do better. This cannot ever happen again.
    It can happen again as long as F1 car shape allows a mechanic to stand in front of a tyre.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think the FIA may look at pit stops, they may insist on the lollipop man coming back due to the errors in the last few races
    or slow them down, make them at least 5 seconds mandatory.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Great win. Beautiful sunday. Best season open. I love this feeling Great, great win.
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    dude i still can't believe that was a miracle win , i feared the worst having flashbacks of austria and silverstone , i dont understand how seb pulled it off with two party modes behind him
    Because he is Godsized grande Seb in great Ferrari car!

I think we all deserve a stiff drink after those last laps, brilliant drive from Seb, sorry for Kimi and the mechanic, it goes to show we should never get over-confident. Gasly was outstanding and points for Haas and Sauber-Alfa, couldn't ask for more under the circumstances. Salute ragazzi! And wishing Francesco a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by wisepie; 9th April 2018 at 17:25.

I was impressed w/ how Ferrari handled everything after the Kimi pit stop incident.

what a nail biter especially the last 11 laps. My blood pressure must have been on an all time high!
    Seb drove a stunning race.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Arguable. We were also struggling for pace on the SS in the first stint. Bottas was closing back down on Vettel which is why he pulled the trigger.
    Yes, towards the end of the first stint Bottas was a bit faster than Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    So for sure Pirelli will change something
    They already are. At like 3-4 of this years GP's where merc would destroy their tires.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    This year at least he hasn't driven like. No.2 mate ..agreed Seb has been better usually but you've to give equal tools and treatment ..Kimi complained of traffic yest on his final Q3 run ..things like these could've been done with more care ..
    I watched Kimi's lap. I don't think he was hampered at all yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcnUXszO6pg

The only person who hampers Kimi, is Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    The only person who hampers Kimi, is Kimi.
    Yeah we get it, you don't like him.

Bahrain GP 2018 - Race Thread

I love Kimi, kimi is Ferrari, I love FERRARI, what I don’t like is some Kimi fans belittling Ferrari about kimi.

Kimi is our last champion, I really hope Kimi is gonna be a great FERRARI DRIVER this year and a good team player.

In the other hand I think Kimi is getting too old for all this. I hope kimi is going out with a bang and help Ferrari to win the WCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Gutted for the mechanic. That looked horrible. Gutted for Kimi and gutted for all the points lost today. Of course I'm very happy for Seb and his win but still it's hard to be completely happy even for a race win.

Happy with this victory. I had kissed it goodbye with 5 laps to go so it does feel sweet. However, my thoughts are with franscesco and his family. I hope this isn’t the end of his F1 career. Sparing a thought for Kimi too. Definitely not his fault at all, but he must feel terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Gutted for the mechanic. That looked horrible. Gutted for Kimi and gutted for all the points lost today. Of course I'm very happy for Seb and his win but still it's hard to be completely happy even for a race win.
    +1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

well having gone through all that trouble to bring in the halo, they must also do something about pit stop safety, goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well having gone through all that trouble to bring in the halo, they must also do something about pit stop safety, goes without saying.
    They didn't even close the pits, FIA didn't really give a damn about the mechanic.

They couldn't know how bad the situation was.

A WIN FOR FRANCESCO
    Bahrain GP - Sebastian Vettel's victory

Seb first once again, Kimi retires after an accident in the pits leaves a mechanic injured

Sakhir, 8 April –You always fight to win, but not all victories are the same and this one is bittersweet. For the second time in as many races, Sebastian Vettel won with Scuderia Ferrari, but at the moment, the thoughts of everyone in the team are with the mechanic who was injured during Kimi Raikkonen’s pit stop, the Finn stopping and retiring immediately after in pit lane. As for the Grand Prix, it was closely contested right down to the final corner and the win came courtesy of a well thought out strategy and the abilities of the driver who managed to make a set of Soft tyres last 38 laps no less, on a track that is one of the hardest on tyres.

Off an all-red front row, Seb made the most of pole, while Kimi who was starting on the dirty side of the track was attacked and passed by Bottas. The virtual safety car was soon deployed, when Verstappen had a puncture as a result of a coming together with Hamilton in the middle of the pack. The race got underway again on lap 4, with Sebastian quickest, a couple of seconds ahead of Bottas. In the garage, an analysis of our speed in individual corners and that of our rivals was taking place as well as working out how much fuel had been saved while the race was neutralised A long distance duel with Hamilton thus began, the Englishman fourth, 15 seconds adrift, but running the harder tyre: Supersoft for the SF71H and Soft for the Mercedes.

19 laps, one third distance, Seb pitted as planned and fitted the yellow-banded Softs. The order was Bottas, Raikkonen, Hamilton and Vettel. Next time round, Kimi did the same. Vettel pushed hard and Bottas, emerging from pit lane on the Mediums, lost ground. On lap 25, Seb was in DRS range in his duel with Hamilton, closing to under a second. It was time for wheel to wheel combat and Seb didn’t lose any time, diving inside his rival under braking at the start of lap 26. Hamilton changed tyres immediately, also fitting the Prime Medium. Seb had 5” in hand over Bottas, who was aiming to finish the race doing one less stop. Sebastian lost time with backmarkers but Kimi made the most of the traffic to close on his fellow countryman.

Lap 36 and something you never want to see happened: Kimi came in to change tyres and as he drove off, the mechanic on the left rear wheel was knocked over. The number 7 car stopped immediately, Seb stayed out on track, but at this time, strategy, racing, counted for much less and with one of our own in the medical centre, the thoughts of everyone in the team went out to him. Out on track, Bottas pursued Sebastian for 20 laps, but our driver never gave him room, even though his tyres were finished. That is Ferrari and that, Francesco, is for you. Hurry back.

STATEMENT FROM FERRARI CHAIRMAN MR. SERGIO MARCHIONNE

First and foremost, I wish our mechanic a speedy recovery and hope to see him back on track soon. The team performed consistently all weekend and we were front runners right from the start of practice. It was a difficult race and Sebastian drove like a true champion. I am sorry for Kimi who could certainly have finished on the podium. This Grand Prix confirms that the Scuderia has a great car, a solid team and two drivers on top form. But it also showed how close things are between us and our rivals, who are very strong. That’s why, at the risk of repeating myself, it’s worth pointing out that there is still a long way to go and we have to maintain a high level of concentration, continuing to work diligently and with passion, which is something we are well capable of. It’s the only way we can give our fans other equally satisfying Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    They didn't even close the pits, FIA didn't really give a damn about the mechanic.

They couldn't know how bad the situation was.
    Don't think they can just close the pits, would need to red flag the race if they wanted to close the pits.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Don't think they can just close the pits, would need to red flag the race if they wanted to close the pits.
    yep, by red flagging the race would have meant all the cars in the pits and personnel. The opposite, like what transpired, meant more open space while the triage was happening and medical EMS more free reign to attend and wheel him off.

Just want to say Forza Ferrari for a great race and giving Sky commentators some itchy scalps as they seemed to be dumbfounded all weekend as to how Ferrari had the best pace. Well fought race and my sincere thoughts go out to Kimi and Francesco. Can't wait for China. Let's hope we can keep up this momentum. Mercedes are right there. Saluti di Canada!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

First and foremost, I wish our mechanic a speedy recovery and hope to see him back on track soon. The team performed consistently all weekend and we were front runners right from the start of practice. It was a difficult race and Sebastian drove like a true champion. I am sorry for Kimi who could certainly have finished on the podium. This Grand Prix confirms that the Scuderia has a great car, a solid team and two drivers on top form. But it also showed how close things are between us and our rivals, who are very strong. That’s why, at the risk of repeating myself, it’s worth pointing out that there is still a long way to go and we have to maintain a high level of concentration, continuing to work diligently and with passion, which is something we are well capable of. It’s the only way we can give our fans other equally satisfying Sundays.
    so very well said, i love the legend Sergio M. Good starting foundation, managed to take advantage when our rivals had some setbacks
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Just want to say Forza Ferrari for a great race and giving Sky commentators some itchy scalps as they seemed to be dumbfounded all weekend as to how Ferrari had the best pace. Well fought race and my sincere thoughts go out to Kimi and Francesco. Can't wait for China. Let's hope we can keep up this momentum. Mercedes are right there. Saluti di Canada!

I think we will be strong in China, a lot of straights a fast to medium corner

That was a good drive from Vettel. But that was a hard fought win. We need to be more efficient and Ferrari needs to concentrate on both the pits.When was the last time we saw zee germans botch up a strategy or the pit stops

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    so very well said, i love the legend Sergio M. Good starting foundation, managed to take advantage when our rivals had some setbacks
    Let's hope he can deliver a championship. I've been backing his arrival to Ferrari from the beginning, always arguing that this is what Ferrari needed. In F1, it takes time. I'm rooting for him and the entire team as I've always done and being cautiously optimistic. Cheers to all!

I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I think we will be strong in China, a lot of straights a fast to medium corner
    I think so too.

Enzo Ferrari

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Whaaat? lol, no.

Really looking forward to the next race already!

2018 has been good so far