Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 145

Thread: 2018 Chinese: Pre-Race news

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,938
    If a Ferrari wins this weekend, this will create problems between Hamilton and Mercedes. The guy has a habit of becoming unwound when he's not winning. There's no need for mind games when you're the fastest.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    If a Ferrari wins this weekend, this will create problems between Hamilton and Mercedes. The guy has a habit of becoming unwound when he's not winning. There's no need for mind games when you're the fastest.
    I would love to see that

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    these are Sebs times from lap 40 onwards....he is losing time every lap. I agree it was a win based on luck and very awesome driving but going forward, this is not how you want to win a race with Mercedes. I'm sure Ferrari has this and will learn from it given the tyre and track conditions.


    LAP TIME
    40 94.800
    45 95.482
    46 95.437
    47 95.019
    48 95.266
    49 95.302
    50 95.332
    51 95.406
    52 95.412
    53 95.805
    54 95.778
    55 95.947
    56 96.625
    57 97.033
    Looking at those lap times just makes me realize how awesome Seb's drive was and how well the car could manage the tires. Bear in mind that neither Lewis or Valtteri ran the full recommended max distance on the medium tire (40 laps). But Seb ran 39 laps on tires that are supposed to have a max life of 30. That's 30% extra life out of those tires. In pretty harsh conditions that is a great testament to both driver and car. Bodes very well for us. And although the times did drop off in the last 2 laps that would also be because Seb was then defending, which will also slow him down.
    I think there's a lot of good news in the knowledge that we could get 30% extra out of those tires.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Max winds up on a "pole winning team", he may never lose a race! A top car + Max's desire to win. Ferrari needs him.
    I SO have to disagree with you!
    he's audacious and reckless BECAUSE he's not been in any way shape or form able to compete for a world title... his own words last year..."I've got nothing to lose ... they do"

    If he ever gets the opportunity to be racing for a world title, he'll have to... curb his enthusiasm, to be able to complete races.

    So my opinion, no he's not good, he's reckless.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    Tech analysis: Red Bull's vital F1 floor tweaks
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...n-1024466/?s=1

    I hope our floor we hopefully bring to china brings some improvement that allows us to not only match our rivals at their worst but match them at their best, taking us one step closer to mercs best and eventually beating them at it. We have made a great start and the news that Seb and ferrari aren't jumping the gun and saying ferrari have the best pace all the time like they did last year(look how hamilton and merc threw it back in the teams faces) and the same way horner is going around throwing out that his team has the best pace this year, helps me believe Ferrari are concentrating more on development than last year and it makes me feel good.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    I SO have to disagree with you!
    he's audacious and reckless BECAUSE he's not been in any way shape or form able to compete for a world title... his own words last year..."I've got nothing to lose ... they do"

    If he ever gets the opportunity to be racing for a world title, he'll have to... curb his enthusiasm, to be able to complete races.

    So my opinion, no he's not good, he's reckless.
    Good point. I respect Dani Ric, he is so sensible and yet aggressive. He always wants to attack and makes great passes but he never goes into kamakazi mode like max does
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,531
    I have a feeling that this season will crown a new 5 time world champion.
    And it's going to be a close fight on who gets it.

    Fingers crossed everything goes well for us this weekend.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I have a feeling that this season will crown a new 5 time world champion.
    And it's going to be a close fight on who gets it.

    Fingers crossed everything goes well for us this weekend.

    The points gap is getting big already, but I reserve a tiny FERVENT hope that it could and maybe should be... a 2 times world champion who'll go again into retirement as the reigning champion!!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I have a feeling that this season will crown a new 5 time world champion.
    And it's going to be a close fight on who gets it.

    Fingers crossed everything goes well for us this weekend.
    Still long way to go...!! I’m praying for the same.
    But I think it all comes down to reliability, similar to last year.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,633
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Still long way to go...!! I’m praying for the same.
    But I think it all comes down to reliability, similar to last year.
    yes for sure, this year reliability will play a MAJOR role in who's gonna win the WDC
    so we'll have to wait an see how our engine will compare to the Merc on how reliable it is.
    i'm sure all drivers at some point will face grid penalties due to various unscheduled replacement parts.....but lets' hope that our parts will be a tad more reliable then the Mercs....

    we'll know more about this near the three quarters into the season and we'll see where we stand....

    another thing is consistancy.....the most consistent driver will come out on top.....that is why i miss ALO as while he was with us he was the most consitant driver....and no one can deny that...especially th e2012 season
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    another thing is consistancy.....the most consistent driver will come out on top.....that is why i miss ALO as while he was with us he was the most consitant driver....and no one can deny that...especially th e2012 season
    No ones denying.... He's fourth in the driver's standings, ahead of kimi and both RB drivers......

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    270
    Alonso has consistently made poor career choices I will give him that.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,633
    Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Alonso has consistently made poor career choices I will give him that.
    Yup, I have to agree with you on that one
    I guess he got too impatient with Ferraris lack of car development while he was there....hindsight he should have stuck with them, and we will never know but baybe, just maybe he would have been a WDC with ferrari by now
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    437
    I see Mercedes overheating the rear US tyres on Q3. Is it really true, that Toto said, that Chinese GP is now a rear limited track not front?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yup, I have to agree with you on that one
    I guess he got too impatient with Ferraris lack of car development while he was there....hindsight he should have stuck with them, and we will never know but baybe, just maybe he would have been a WDC with ferrari by now
    Although I've gotten to like Vettel. Vettel dreamed of driving for Ferrari as a kid. Alonso didn't. I think Alonso only cares about himself and if things aren't going his way, he burns bridges. Karma is a bitch!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,121
    component allocation going into the Chinese GP

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dablf7NWkAMd94W.jpg


    Looks like Honda are pushing for performance at the expense of reliability....getting data for 2019.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    If a Ferrari wins this weekend, this will create problems between Hamilton and Mercedes. The guy has a habit of becoming unwound when he's not winning. There's no need for mind games when you're the fastest.

    ^This is true.
    if it's all going fine, he's happy but if they have problems then it doesn't take much for him to throw his toys out of the pram.
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    12

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Machu Pichu
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Lol !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    If Max winds up on a "pole winning team", he may never lose a race! A top car + Max's desire to win. Ferrari needs him.
    he'd find a way to run into a backmarker. Remember Verstappen SR and Montoya?

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Although I've gotten to like Vettel. Vettel dreamed of driving for Ferrari as a kid. Alonso didn't. I think Alonso only cares about himself and if things aren't going his way, he burns bridges. Karma is a bitch!

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling that Alonso enjoyed driving for Ferrari and the adoration he received from the fans, especially at Monza. The breaking point was really 2014, when Ferrari had the worst season of this decade. That car was so bad...

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post

    So true. He's like Maldonado minus the jokes and memes, which means he's even less likable than Maldonado.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So was the drop off in the race due to the tyres wearing out faster than Ferrari expected or could it be that they have improved their version of party mode for quali?
    Tyres were not in the shape you'd expect them to be after going 9 laps beyond what Pirelli recommended. The drop off was as intended; Seb was managing the rubber--even more so when Kimi went out. Also, and this is oddly coming from Toto, Seb was saving fuel. I think an improved engine was the key to the quali pace and I think it's an overlooked aspect of the Bahrain victory. That Ferrari was killing it on the straights.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    component allocation going into the Chinese GP

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dablf7NWkAMd94W.jpg


    Looks like Honda are pushing for performance at the expense of reliability....getting data for 2019.
    Didn't know Seb had to change CE in Bahrain. Would you know what happened?

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Tyres were not in the shape you'd expect them to be after going 9 laps beyond what Pirelli recommended. The drop off was as intended; Seb was managing the rubber--even more so when Kimi went out. Also, and this is oddly coming from Toto, Seb was saving fuel. I think an improved engine was the key to the quali pace and I think it's an overlooked aspect of the Bahrain victory. That Ferrari was killing it on the straights.
    I have to laugh at all the talk about Mercedes's horsepower gains over the winter. The Ferrari was killing it in the straights and it felt so good to see.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I have a feeling that Alonso enjoyed driving for Ferrari and the adoration he received from the fans, especially at Monza. The breaking point was really 2014, when Ferrari had the worst season of this decade. That car was so bad...
    Agree he was frustrated. He had no choice I think and in the end both parties had to turn a new page. I think now he has to stop chasing the "winning" team and stick it out with McLaren as they can only go up from here ...... I think.

    Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Didn't know Seb had to change CE in Bahrain. Would you know what happened?
    Yes it was a precautionary move following the electronics issue he had in FP3. The 1st CE unit may still be salvageable and put back into rotation but nothing has been said.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I have to laugh at all the talk about Mercedes's horsepower gains over the winter. The Ferrari was killing it in the straights and it felt so good to see.
    This is a great point. In Bahrain's penultimate lap, with Bottas close enough to pass, we can be absolutely sure of a few things:-
    1) Bottas would have been using the max power mode on his PU
    2) Bottas had DRS
    3) Bottas's tires would have given him greater traction coming onto the main straight (getting his power down faster)
    4) The Ferrari PU down that main straight still had too much grunt for the Merc to pass

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,004
    if our next engine upgrade also includes some better fuel management regardless of mercs bad or good weekends we could take some fight to them on race days
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,047
    If Mercs fail to win again on Sunday it will be crisis mode not party mode

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •