Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    The real good thing is that the car seems to be working in all conditions, cold, hot, traction tracks, power tracks etc. This is the car we have been waiting for
    True, but don't forget Merc was the faster car in Australia and Bahrain. We as a whole simply did a better job
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    True, but don't forget Merc was the faster car in Australia and Bahrain. We as a whole simply did a better job
    I hate this speculation that Merc was faster in Bahrain.... They were NOT. Where do you get this idea? Seb had to make a softer tyre last for 39 laps. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_G View Post
    I hate this speculation that Merc was faster in Bahrain.... They were NOT. Where do you get this idea? Seb had to make a softer tyre last for 39. laps Get it?
    Thank you that is what i feel since testing I knew Ferrari had a good car

I hate this speculation that Merc was faster in Bahrain.... They were NOT. Where do you get this idea? Seb had to make a softer tyre last for 39 laps. Get it?
    Ferrari was slower than Mercedes in Australia and Bahrain, that's a fact. Ferrari didn't win Bahrain, Vettel won it. It was a masterclass from Vettel to win Bahrain. The car was just not fast enough compared to Mercedes.

based on what? your wild speculation?

New engine, turbo, MGU-H and MGU-K for Ricciardo after his failure in final practice. That's two of the three permitted for the season after just three races. Plus he's already on the second of his two permitted energy stores. Penalties inevitable down the line.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaRUfMvWAAAW5om.jpg.....

Bottas

""They have a really strong car," accepted Bottas. "We can see it, especially in long corners, Turn One-Two, they make some good gains to us and obviously not without any speed difference on the straights, they can keep the gains they make in the corners.""

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...edes-pace-gone

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari was slower than Mercedes in Australia and Bahrain, that's a fact. Ferrari didn't win Bahrain, Vettel won it. It was a masterclass from Vettel to win Bahrain. The car was just not fast enough compared to Mercedes.
    Both Ferraris were just driving to the delta in that race, saving the tyres and of course also saving the engine when possible. Seb on his US run was faster as Bottas on the same tyre, first race stint. I say they were both equal on race pace, with Ferrari having a slight advantage on US tyres, we dont know about softs or mediums, because they were all on different strategy. But we were the fastest on pure pace in Bahrain in Q3.

Wow that was close, looks like Seb had the edge over Kimi in first two corners, but Kimi had a better geteway out of T2. Kimi was the fastest in S2, Seb is ahead of Kimi out of turn 12. Vettel with less downforce as Kimi, Kimi clocked 327,7 km/h and Seb 331 km/h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nLo_ZoOGX8
    Last edited by Vettel165; 14th April 2018 at 10:57.

Trouble with some ferrari fans they do not like to win such downers always gloomy or they have just forgotten how it feels wake up we are a huge chance of winning everything.

Why didn't we pull the gap we would need then? Our pace was good, Mercs was slightly better. Seb could pull the gap he would need on softs to Mercs on medium that he needed, that's why he needed to do the 1 stop and keep the tyres. Seb won that race, it was pure magic. I really think Merc was faster. If not, why would we let it get so close? I'm not saying they were a lot faster.. let's jsut wait and see how thing go in the race
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Why didn't we pull the gap we would need then? Our pace was good, Mercs was slightly better. Seb could pull the gap he would need on softs to Mercs on medium that he needed, that's why he needed to do the 1 stop and keep the tyres. Seb won that race, it was pure magic. I really think Merc was faster. If not, why would we let it get so close? I'm not saying they were a lot faster.. let's jsut wait and see how thing go in the race
    We pulled the gap that we needed to win, and that's what we did.

Those pictures! Our car looks fast! and its by far the best looking car on the grid... Also the level of detail and development is so good for early in the season, I hope we have a lot more to come!

FerrariSteve Guest
    I just saw the Qually results!

Way to go Ferrari!!!!! :D
    Please finish the race 1-2 also and for gods sake keep away from each other at turn 1!

We pulled the gap that we needed to win, and that's what we did.
    Yeah right, we indeed pulled a nice gap to race to victory.. LOL
    We never should have won that race the way it played out, pure masterclass from Seb

My opinion is that Mercedes chassis was not good, just the engine was so good and they can add more wing to make the car faster though the corner and use Mercedes oil burning engine to good use in the straights. They were not pushing their chassis. We always had a good chassis, but the engine was low on power. So, now we built a very good chassis with a low drag and efficient aero, giving us more speed on the straights and good downforce and our engine is also giving us good power, good driveability. I think Mercedes were cheating all this time, with burning oil. It seems, oil burn hampered them more than us, everyone is talking about how we are in trouble, but I think its them who are being held back by the oil burn issue.

Both drivers have been superb this year so far! WCC will be Ferrari's if the car gives the possibility.

Lewis doesn't know how to deal with the fact we have build a better car.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...m-very-strange

Last year car was good in all tracks. Our guys just enhanced its good points this year and corrected our car weaknesses... Lewis is such a "cry baby" it hurts...

If Ferrari gets perfect start, they can’t dicate the pace. Starategy wise Ferrari covered mercs. On track it’s not easy for mercs to overtake Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    Lewis doesn't know how to deal with the fact we have build a better car.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...m-very-strange

Last year car was good in all tracks. Our guys just enhanced its good points this year and corrected our car weaknesses... Lewis is such a "cry baby" it hurts...
    "For some reason their car is working everywhere.

"It's very strange. You go to Bahrain where it's very hot and we would expect Ferrari to be strong, but they are even stronger than we expected
    "

What an arrogant pig, as if Ferrari couldn't possibly build a strong package. Keep crying to yourself rapper boy, we'll see who's laughing again at the checkered flag.

Forza Ferrari!!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Yeah Ferrari 1 - 2!!!!! Wooooooooooot Party!!!!!

But tomorrow they hand out the points and Taxi's look stronk wioth soft tyres so strategy will decide who gets the 25pts.

I hope its a Ferrari 1-2!!!!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Hahaha this ia a good sign, the moaning is because they can’t do anything about it!! The more they moan the better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    "For some reason their car is working everywhere.

"It's very strange. You go to Bahrain where it's very hot and we would expect Ferrari to be strong, but they are even stronger than we expected
    "

What an arrogant pig, as if Ferrari couldn't possibly build a strong package. Keep crying to yourself rapper boy, we'll see who's laughing again at the checkered flag.

Forza Ferrari!!!
    Yeah, I am worried abt Mrcs - we need a stronger competitor= It seems Mercs are racing RBs this season.

We didn't pull the gap because the mediums were not that far off in terms of pace vs the softs. Had Ferrari put on mediums instead of softs as mercs did, it would likely have been a cruise to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yeah Ferrari 1 - 2!!!!! Wooooooooooot Party!!!!!

But tomorrow they hand out the points and Taxi's look stronk wioth soft tyres so strategy will decide who gets the 25pts.

I hope its a Ferrari 1-2!!!!!!
    Strategy wise we covered mercs. Both teams have same options. Ferrari have 1new set of softs, 1medium. Mercs have 1new US & 1medium.

As nico told us you have the max the times when Lewis isn't feeling great and we done that already 2 times!

Hopefully tomorrow we do it a 3rd time cause Louise isn't feeling gut this time either .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Great so far but to-morrow is the important day when the points are on the table.
    Luck will also play a part as it always does.
    Fingers crossed.

Forza Jules

Seb: “The car was amazing”. Kimi: “We’ve been pretty consistent”

Shanghai, April 14 – Just one week after the Bahrain lock-out, Scuderia Ferrari once again qualified both cars on the front row as Seb Vettel beat Kimi Raikkonen by a mere 0.087 seconds in the qualifying session for the 2018 Chinese Grand Prix. This result marks pole number 215 for the team, the 7th for Sebastian in Ferrari colours. In very different weather conditions from the ones encountered at Sakhir last weekend, the SF71Hs delivered a strong performance with both the Ultrasoft and the Soft compound, the latter being the one with which both drivers start on tomorrow.

“It’s been a great result and I am really happy for the team”, said Seb. “Today the car was amazing and it was great fighting for the front row with both cars on our own. It was very windy and not easy to get the right feeling. However, when the car is quick and works, you get a lot of confidence and that helps. We didn’t expect to be so strong compared to our competition. We made some small changes today on our car, but it was pretty good yesterday already. I made some mistakes during my first lap in turn three and six, where I had oversteer. The tires here are very sensitive, so I knew that if I kept it clean, then the final part of the lap would be better. I didn’t know what the others were doing, but I was quite sure about getting the pole because I think I was one of the last cars and so could profit from track evolution. Tomorrow the weather should be sunny, which makes the asphalt hotter. We’ll see how it works, but I think we’ll be very close”.

Kimi added: “We have been pretty happy with the way things have been so far this weekend. Qualifying today was pretty close; we had two good laps, but unfortunately I lost some speed in the last sector and couldn’t improve. Obviously I wanted more, but tomorrow is another day. We ‘ll start the race with the Soft tires and our rivals start with the same compound: that will be slightly different compared to the other cars and I think it will be better like this. We did what we think is the best for us and is supposed to give us the best result in the end. Our aim is to win, first of all we need to do a good job tomorrow and take the most out of it. I think we have been ok in all the races so far; we have been extracting more out of the car and learning more about it. We have been pretty consistent and happy with things, obviously we need to improve here and there but that’s a normal and never ending process”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

If we're able to convert this fantastic pole into a race win tomorrow surely Sky will start to talk about rule changes to end Ferrari's domination