Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So after such a great quali results we binned it with Seb by not covering Bottas after he pitted....good one Ferrari, good strategy reaction right there, NOT!
    Ferrari pitted the lap immediately after Bottas. He just had no pace left in the tyre. The only thing they could have done differently is pitted a lap earlier. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Ferrari pitted the lap immediately after Bottas. He just had no pace left in the tyre. The only thing they could have done differently is pitted a lap earlier. That’s it.
    Perhaps we could have run a 2 stop strategy. Of course its hindsight, but that would have worked out well for us. Slap on some ultra softs, get enough laps down to finish on a fresh set of softs, and the SC would have been perfectly timed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Perhaps we could have run a 2 stop strategy. Of course its hindsight, but that would have worked out well for us. Slap on some ultra softs, get enough laps down to finish on a fresh set of softs, and the SC would have been perfectly timed for us.
    Hindsight is always a $@#&%# isn’t it?

That is like having a crystal ball and reading da future....which abviously isn’t happening or I’d be a millionaire by now marking the right #,s in lotto......LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I was looking at some race edits from last year...This years car will wreck havok tbh. That last years car just couldnt defend against Merc, and on high speed circuits we were nowhere. We will dominate this year, thats why Seb was so calm. Just wait for Baku!

A 2 stop strategies couldn’t have worked in China, RB only made it work with the SC, and only them got new soft tires. We didn’t, and there were too many laps for US to work to the end. We were against the wall, like Hamilton was in Aus.

Somebody have the the lap times form merc and Ferrari around the pit stops ? I have heard that our pit stops were super quick (when I was watching them they looked super slow, and also I remember feeling that VET didn’t pited the next lap).

Any help with that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    A 2 stop strategies couldn’t have worked in China, RB only made it work with the SC, and only them got new soft tires. We didn’t, and there were too many laps for US to work to the end. We were against the wall, like Hamilton was in Aus.

Somebody have the the lap times form merc and Ferrari around the pit stops ? I have heard that our pit stops were super quick (when I was watching them they looked super slow, and also I remember feeling that VET didn’t pited the next lap).

Any help with that ?

I can't even look for info i feel nauseous and disgusted at the last race, but i do remember ferrari extending track time instead of pitting lol, i checked back at the race thread and i was flipping out because ferrari didn't reply to mercs pits but some saying we did very next lap :-/ , I seen somewhere kimi did a slow 2.7 and ferrari screwed up seb's pit so maybe 3.6, plus mercs are masterclass in pits and bottas was fastest if i remember.

Going to hold in the nausea and google this...

found this it doesn't show seb though

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da6XeQeXUAAH8TN.jpg
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Hindsight is always a $@#&%# isn’t it?

That is like having a crystal ball and reading da future....which abviously isn’t happening or I’d be a millionaire by now marking the right #,s in lotto......LOL
    Agreed on hindsight, but at the time, we did have to option to not cover Merc's pitstop. We could have run longer on the mids and done 2 US (which we had plenty of). We also still had a set of softs (although they weren't new). So, without hindsight, we could have gone to a 2 stop strategy. We would have been very much faster and able to pass, as Dan proved and we would have ended up getting a free stop with the SC. But even without the SC we "could" have chosen the 2 stop strategy.
    Given that Dan was lapping over a second faster on his softs, and the delta from US to S is about .5 and that we had the fastest car, we would have taken about 14 -15 laps to make up the pit time giving us 6 plus laps bonus on the faster tire. A gamble to give up track position, but we would have been on a much faster tire and you can pass in China with a tire advantage, as Red Bull proved.
    I don't have a crystal ball but I think changing to a 2 stopper would have made us the hunter and not the hunted on a track suited to hunting. Just my thoughts anyway.

Vettel had a 3 sec lead so should still have been ok to come out ahead even if Bottas ded the undercut. Pitstop was second slower for Vettel. Strategy wasn't bad, they reacted, just wasn't quick enough.

Yea 2.15s was Bottas pitstop. Along with faster pit entry, that is already a second. His lap was 2.2s faster then his last lap before pitting.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Yea 2.15s was Bottas pitstop. Along with faster pit entry, that is already a second. His lap was 2.2s faster then his last lap before pitting.
    1.83 sec. stationary...2.15sec green lighted.

did you guys notice that Bottas is the only top 4 driver (merc + Ferrari) who has actually improved his points tally compared to this time last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    did you guys notice that Bottas is the only top 4 driver (merc + Ferrari) who has actually improved his points tally compared to this time last year?
    good eye, he managed to improve on his starting position to race position every race, maybe he is more comfortable than ham just like kimi seems to love the car while seb struggles a lot? just thinking

He was going to win in china too. top 4 rival cars cannot be overlooked, can't only focus on hamilton this season
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    good eye, he managed to improve on his starting position to race position every race, maybe he is more comfortable than ham just like kimi seems to love the car while seb struggles a lot? just thinking

He was going to win in china too. top 4 rival cars cannot be overlooked, can't only focus on hamilton this season
    i wouldn't mind seeing a Kimi vs Bottas fight for the title, won't happen but would be refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing a Kimi vs Bottas fight for the title, won't happen but would be refreshing.
    lol yes but it would probably be the most non aggressive, non wheel to wheel racing season ever at the front. both guys don't do anything race days.

Might be due to tires going a stage softer throughout the range. Bottas seemed to be better on the ultra softs last year as Hamilton struggled on them. Maybe the softer tires are too soft for Hamilton, and he burns them up too quick.

Hamilton needs a super car to shine

Feel free to disagree with me but Mercedes' and Hamilton's season is hinging on their upgrades in Spain. If we are on top of them after that I genuinely don't know where we can be beaten by the Mercs. Red Bull on the other hand can actually win the races in Monaco, Singapore, and Hungary but thats about it.

Seb struggles a lot after 2 poles in 3 races?

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    Seb struggles a lot after 2 poles in 3 races?
    Im sure Seb could be way quicker with the right balance and setup that suits him
    He was 0.2 ~0.4 faster than Kimi most of last year (no offence)

Now Kimi is mostly quicker, until it comes to last lap of Q3 where kimi can't nail a perfect lap and the Seb salvages the best lap he could do driving around the problems or whatever way he put it in Melbourne ^_^

Im sure Seb could be way quicker with the right balance and setup that suits him
    He was 0.2 ~0.4 faster than Kimi most of last year (no offence)

Now Kimi is mostly quicker, until it comes to last lap of Q3 where kimi can't nail a perfect lap and the Seb salvages the best lap he could do driving around the problems or whatever way he put it in Melbourne ^_^
    In Bahrain and China, Ferrari got the car to his liking over Friday and he was very happy with it for example in china in the post quali interviews.

Last year's Ferrari had loads of downforce but was more suited to Seb's style while this year's car seems to give both equal opportunities (which usually points to a well designed car) and it comes down to who can deliver when it matters in Q3.

Last lap of Q3 is where Ferrari tells Kimi to let Seb pass if the occasion lends itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Last lap of Q3 is where Ferrari tells Kimi to let Seb pass if the occasion lends itself.
    You are just kidding aren’t you ?

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    In Bahrain and China, Ferrari got the car to his liking over Friday and he was very happy with it for example in china in the post quali interviews.

Last year's Ferrari had loads of downforce but was more suited to Seb's style while this year's car seems to give both equal opportunities (which usually points to a well designed car) and it comes down to who can deliver when it matters in Q3.
    You may be right but i just believe Seb is the better driver at this point in their careers, especially in races. But I'm glad Kimi is doing so much better than last year, now if seb can get the car under him straightaway and pitwall won't blunder everything that would be awesome