Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    I'd also like to think that they may try wet weather set ups if rain is looming come the weekend.
    The last few years, I don't think there really is something as a wet setup (only slightly), when it rains we don't race most of the time.. It's not like 10 years ago with good wet weather tyres..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    The last few years, I don't think there really is something as a wet setup (only slightly), when it rains we don't race most of the time.. It's not like 10 years ago with good wet weather tyres..
    Ah. That's interesting to consider. Cheers.

Kimi same time as Ham (give or take a few thousandths). interesting.

Seb said he still struggling for setup and balance they tried things but looking for someone to suggest something, No word on new floor either i seen some small stuff they testing with cameras and rear wing stuff but zero photos or news on new floor, anyone know about it? or was it just the usual rumors from it.motorsport that isn't true.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I think Merc will still be the team to beat here. If we could outqualy BOT that would be a great thing and bring us in a good position. Still I believe the biggest problem is RBR.
    Not that I think they are faster, but they will be in the mix and they've got less to loose (gap to midfield will be huge). MAX is very agressive and with the layout of the track (first corners), a lot could go wrong. Often it seems to go wrong for Ferrari (2017 Seb, 2016 Kimi), Lewis Always seems to get away with it.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I think Merc will still be the team to beat here. If we could outqualy BOT that would be a great thing and bring us in a good position. Still I believe the biggest problem is RBR.
    Not that I think they are faster, but they will be in the mix and they've got less to loose (gap to midfield will be huge). MAX is very agressive and with the layout of the track (first corners), a lot could go wrong. Often it seems to go wrong for Ferrari (2017 Seb, 2016 Kimi), Lewis Always seems to get away with it.
    100%

Vettel, Kimi both had traffic on their US qualy run. They should been ahead of Mercedes in practice 2. Vettel had again traffic on his race-pace simulation on US tyres. Mercedes and Ferrari were both struggling a little bit with the setup of the car, they were both sliding around the track a lot, of course track is still very green. But Ferrari looked a little bit stable in low-speed corners and Mercedes in high-speed. RBR look to be as well in the mix, but they are losing at least 0,3s per lap in S3, comparing to the Ferrari, Mercedes engine cars. On qualy pace it is looking very close, 4 cars in 0,1s on US, with Bottas, Vettel being very strong on the medium tyres. We are usually finding a lot of lap-time from FP2 to FP3 overnight, I hope it will stay like this tomorrow. No rain expected for FP3 and qualy. We will see also some sunshine of sunday with temperatures reaching as much as 20C.

Sky Sports TW:

Ultrasoft long run average times
    Vettel – 1:38.9
    Hamilton – 1:39.14
    Bottas – 1:39.17
    Ricciardo - 1:39.17

all the pressure is on Mercs, 3 races without a win would be unacceptable to them.

I’ll be very surprised if RBR gets involved in Ferrari v Mercedes for this race weekend

Seb needs to nail a perfect lap tmrw. Kimi is in top form, which is huge boost for Ferrari & championship.
    Of course mercs is the team to beat, but it will be Lewis vs Kimi vs seb tmrw for pole position.
    Ferrari need to fine tune the car & find some pace to lock front row in quali. I pray to god it should happen.

Looking good the car has come along way the mercedes dominance in china is not strait foward any more they really have to work for this one no more free apple strudel.

So we are good?

looking up most sites and twitter, it seems no new floor was brought or used today, maybe they'l have it tomorrow for fp3, doubt it but hopefully? Poor seb compared the setup struggles similar to melbourne again. hoping he gets the car perfected tonight and fp3 for quali and race

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I’ll be very surprised if RBR gets involved in Ferrari v Mercedes for this race weekend
    If you mean they will be slower, than they will still start P5-P6, which means they still can cause A LOT of trouble at the start and first few laps.. Don't forget last year, when RBR was clearly slower

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    looking up most sites and twitter, it seems no new floor was brought or used today, maybe they'l have it tomorrow for fp3, doubt it but hopefully? Poor seb compared the setup struggles similar to melbourne again. hoping he gets the car perfected tonight and fp3 for quali and race
    Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes today. Not bad.
    All cars were struggling with the grip of the circuit today, its a very,very green track. Cars were all sliding around like crazy, and outbraking themselves. The handling of the car did look much better for us than in Australia. We were on the pace from the beginning, which wasnt the case in AUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Lol struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace today. Not bad.

Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes. Not bad.
    All cars were struggling with the grip of the circuit today, its a very,very green track. Cars were all sliding around like crazy, and outbraking themselves. The handling of the car did look much better for us than in Australia. We were on the pace from the beginning, which wasnt the case in AUS.
    Vettel is on another level :P, but we'l see the truth tomorrow. last week on friday and fp3 mercs looked like they were 0.5s+ slower than ferrari and in quali was 0.1 slower so im still expecting a merc domination but from today we look close for now so hope we get some work done tonight on the simulator and capitalise on any mistakes

Struggling with the setup and we are equal on race pace and qualy pace, comparing to the Mercedes today. Not bad.
    If you need to beat ham on a perfect weekend for him, Kimi or seb needs to do a perfect lap.
    Hopefully seb & Kimi find some pace tmrw for that lap.

I hope Seb saves a medium set for the race, did he use both 1st in fp1 and 2nd in fp2? i hope not

Did we used a brand new floor today?

Vettel is on another level :P, but we'l see the truth tomorrow. last week on friday and fp3 mercs looked like they were 0.5s+ slower than ferrari and in quali was 0.1 slower so im still expecting a merc domination but from today we look close for now so hope we get some work done tonight on the simulator and capitalise on any mistakes
    Agree I hope for the best, it might be a hard battle probably for the pole. But nothing is impossible of course. Forza.

Did we used a brand new floor today?
    Don't think so

Don't think so
    But we still look really strong

I hope Seb saves a medium set for the race, did he use both 1st in fp1 and 2nd in fp2? i hope not
    I think he did

In 2013 we won the race with agressive strategy. Tyre deg was also high that year. Leader did there first stop already after 6-7 laps.. Ferrari probably assuming we will start on US and will have to pit early, going till the end with medium will probably not be a good idea (remember 2013 when VET was cruising to save tyres, in the end he did need to pit and with fresh tyres he had super pace and made up a lot of time)..

I think Ferrari will split strategies for both Kimi & seb. On two variables
    1. Quali position
    2. Race track position

One of them will do medium stint & other one on Softs.
    In quali, merc & Ferrari might choose soft tyres.

What was our race pace ???
    I've read all 3 scenarios.
    Sky saying we where the fastest ,espn saying it was Merc and on forums people say that it was the RBRs ????!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Chinese FP2 results: best sector times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapvqpzXkAE4CRD.jpg

Well, it's looks closer than I thought it would be. I thought we would be where RB is and they exactly where they are. So at least it seems we're some tenths infront of them at the moment. Judging by the stints in FP2, and with Seb saving one new set of mediums, he might go for another one-stopper if the same conditions are on sunday, or he was just trying out that posibility now in testing. Kimi looks likes he's set for a two-stopper, only question is that middle stint if it's going to be on S or another US and then ending on S. Obviously if it rains any time during quali and race everything goes out the window. Looks like the team needs to split the Mercs on sunday with at least one of our guys to keep the lead in the WCC.