Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

What a great performance from our drivers. I'm not too worried about the Mercs pace on the soft Coz we are equaly quick on the soft if not better. the Sky commentators did mention that Merc probably had to use Full qualy mode in Q2 to post those times whiles we didnt even bother using our Qualy mode coz we are preserving the PU. Thing is ferrari is very good in hot conditions so even if the conditions change tomorrow we should be quick coz it looks like we have a wider operating window for the tyres. The only thing that unsettles me in all of this is Fuel Consumption which the Merc seems to be good at. Croft did mention that only 44% of the time is spent on full throttle, hope that doesnt hamper us with doing fuel saving from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    What a great performance from our drivers. I'm not too worried about the Mercs pace on the soft Coz we are equaly quick on the soft if not better. the Sky commentators did mention that Merc probably had to use Full qualy mode in Q2 to post those times whiles we didnt even bother using our Qualy mode coz we are preserving the PU. Thing is ferrari is very good in hot conditions so even if the conditions change tomorrow we should be quick coz it looks like we have a wider operating window for the tyres. The only thing that unsettles me in all of this is Fuel Consumption which the Merc seems to be good at. Croft did mention that only 44% of the time is spent on full throttle, hope that doesnt hamper us with doing fuel saving from the get go.
    Ferrari is good when it’s hot, but a single setup generally doesn’t work universally for both hot and cold. If Ferrari set its car up for temperatures today, it could cause it to chew through tyres tomorrow. For example, they could have run more tow to generate heat, which will overheat them when it’s hot. I’m nervous about the temperature and tyre wear for tomorrow.

Not saying anything is decided - I’m confident Ferrari have done the right thing - but I’m anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Ferrari is good when it’s hot, but a single setup generally doesn’t work universally for both hot and cold. If Ferrari set its car up for temperatures today, it could cause it to chew through tyres tomorrow. For example, they could have run more tow to generate heat, which will overheat them when it’s hot. I’m nervous about the temperature and tyre wear for tomorrow.

Not saying anything is decided - I’m confident Ferrari have done the right thing - but I’m anxious.
    Yep same, but the good thing is hopefully Seb gets away clean and kimi can hold position it really helps us with strategies
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Apart of the setup, I assume MB is possible up for playing the same pit stop bluff they were in Bahrain. We were lucky to be able to push for the final 10 laps even when the tyre fell off the cliff. But let's hope Ferrari has the strategy well sorted.

Ferrari are in full Party Mode today!!!

On F1 Technical they are saying apparently Ferrari drove to a set time in Q2 to save tyre life. it could explain why the Merc suddenly was Quicker

What a performance by our team! Just A tiny bit disapointed for Kimi, but nevertheless good for wdc battle against Hamilton.
    Front row lockout Is Always a good feeling, but i Will Wait with the celebrations till tomorrow. Thank you team. Great job So far this season.

What we need tomorrow is Kimi holding p2 from start

Will be an interesting race that is sure..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

So Mr Gary Anderson, Ferrari is behind Mercedes, Redbull and Haas, right??????

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    What we need tomorrow is Kimi holding p2 from start
    yes, unless Kimi gets a better start than Seb (it could happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Opps... I think he is realising how wrong he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yes, unless Kimi gets a better start than Seb (it could happen)
    Either way all we need is just a clean start and other will follow.

so as in Bahrain, Bottas outqualifies Lewis, nice.

Look at the traction of that car. Its very stable in all the corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTUxSjd-ho

4 out of past 5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Footage almost looks sped up the car is so glued through turn 1 and 2. Absolutely no wheel spin out of any corner on the track. I’m really in awe of the Ferrari this season. I’m really hoping for a strong race tomorrow for both Kimi and Seb. Fingers crossed for a 1-2!

My only concern again is the temperature with respect to the setup. Hoping we don’t burn through our tyres!

Great that the top 4 are all on the softs / I think that insulates us to an extent against the stunt merc pulled in Bahrain. Besides, it makes the most sense to go soft/medium so I don’t think there will be too much deviation from that tomorrow.

Footage almost looks sped up the car is so glued through turn 1 and 2. Absolutely no wheel spin out of any corner on the track. I’m really in awe of the Ferrari this season. I’m really hoping for a strong race tomorrow for both Kimi and Seb. Fingers crossed for a 1-2!

My only concern again is the temperature with respect to the setup. Hoping we don’t burn through our tyres!

Great that the top 4 are all on the softs / I think that insulates us to an extent against the stunt merc pulled in Bahrain. Besides, it makes the most sense to go soft/medium so I don’t think there will be too much deviation from that tomorrow.
    The other option is soft, ultrasoft and ultrasoft - there's no way the Mercs could keep the insanely fast Ferraris behind them if they went soft and medium - would be too slow and like sitting ducks. The only drawback of 2 stopping, is the increased chance of a pitstop blunder!

Around 1.14 at the sector marker, it seemed the car came off full throttle for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    Around 1.14 at the sector marker, it seemed the car came off full throttle for no reason.
    Drs activation
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Amazing lap, looked glued to the track. Ferrari have done a great job with the car!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    The other option is soft, ultrasoft and ultrasoft - there's no way the Mercs could keep the insanely fast Ferraris behind them if they went soft and medium - would be too slow and like sitting ducks. The only drawback of 2 stopping, is the increased chance of a pitstop blunder!
    Pit stop in China is rather long

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Don't think that's an option. We would need a very long stint on softs, which means Mercs wil undercut us and with no info on how long US will last. Best option is to go (at least with one car) for medium at stop 1, then we can still put on US for a shorter stint if we feel like it. We could do S-S-US, but think it's safer to put medium on. Remember, track position will be crucial. After Friday Merc said we were faster in T1 and T2 but they in every other corner, however we were faster on the straight. Our car seems to be very efficient on straights. So if we can keep track position that would be great
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Interesting thing is Ferrari - vet tried banana rear wing for test in fp3 that too for baku gp purpose

Q: (Christian Menath) - Question for the two Ferrari drivers. It’s always a balance between race pace and qualifying pace. Now, as you’ve seen the gap to the Mercedes, do you feel you’ve sacrificed race pace a bit too much for qualifying pace?

KR: I honestly don’t know how you could sacrifice something today to be better tomorrow. We have nothing that you could change like that. I never… as long as I remember, there has never been a case like that. You have somehow different setups for two days. It’s what you have. If it’s fast in qualifying it’s fast in the race, if it works.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 14th April 2018 at 09:48.

Top Speed

speed trap.png

Best sectors

best sector.png

The real good thing is that the car seems to be working in all conditions, cold, hot, traction tracks, power tracks etc. This is the car we have been waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Would like to see his face now! Surely looks like donkey!

Q: (Christian Menath) - Question for the two Ferrari drivers. It’s always a balance between race pace and qualifying pace. Now, as you’ve seen the gap to the Mercedes, do you feel you’ve sacrificed race pace a bit too much for qualifying pace?

KR: I honestly don’t know how you could sacrifice something today to be better tomorrow. We have nothing that you could change like that. I never… as long as I remember, there has never been a case like that. You have somehow different setups for two days. It’s what you have. If it’s fast in qualifying it’s fast in the race, if it works.

[AMuS] Vettel said that Ferrari considered the warmer temperatures in their setup for tomorrow

#F1 #ChineseGP
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!