Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    What was our race pace ???
    I've read all 3 scenarios.
    Sky saying we where the fastest ,espn saying it was Merc and on forums people say that it was the RBRs ????!!!!!!
    None of them had proper race sim. !!! On US vet did 8 laps, avg 1.38.9 mad max 1.39.1 Lewis 1.39.1.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    What was our race pace ???
    I've read all 3 scenarios.
    Sky saying we where the fastest ,espn saying it was Merc and on forums people say that it was the RBRs ????!!!!!!
    Seb's US race sim time is deceiving since he only did 3 laps according to sky so hard to take that into account.

Dani Ric said tyres are making them go more towards using as little of the US as possible and foresees many usesofts in q2

I dont know for sure if seb has any mediums left, i think he has just one soft left too, Hope we get tyre allocation sheet remaining released soon
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    None of them had proper race sim. !!! On US vet did 8 laps, avg 1.38.9 mad max 1.39.1 Lewis 1.39.1.
    crofty said 3 laps, im glad its 8 its more representative im looking for any race sim graphs none yet
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Chinese FP2 results: best sector times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DapvqpzXkAE4CRD.jpg
    By looking at sector times. Both drivers are on different set-up.
    Vet had good middle sector, Kimi had good S1&S3

Mercs getting long tyre life, hamilton dipping twice into 1:37s after plenty laps, hope seb can find better balance otherwise ham looks clear fav

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Mercs getting long tyre life, hamilton dipping twice into 1:37s after plenty laps, hope seb can find better balance otherwise ham looks clear fav
    Ham will not win the race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ham will not win the race
    lol i want to believe man!!! its just hard right now

I am sure you have thought that way for the last two races... Have some faith

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I am sure you have thought that way for the last two races... Have some faith

28 consecutive points finishes. He’s been lucky at some races, not been taken away.
    His luck gonna end soon.

He made a pitstop before.
    No need to worry..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    so mclaren is slow and Grosjean had a difficult day

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-bahrain-crash

Looks like Max's crash in Q1 in Bahrain was down to driver error. No magical 150 bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post

Looks like Max's crash in Q1 in Bahrain was down to driver error. No magical 150 bhp.
    Yeah this was obvious watching his spin from the in car camera replay.

"Foot oscillation" is the new term for "driver error" in F1, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post

He’s tough nut. When it comes off, everyone will say what a brilliant driver. But at the same time when he crashes, it looks stupid thing. He needs to learn a lot, he wants to become star or champion overnight.

so kimi is happy, really happy with the car and seb is not

Ferrari explains error that injured mechanic in Bahrain
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...n-1025494/?s=1

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    so kimi is happy, really happy with the car and seb is not
    i think Kimi will win a race this year, maybe several who knows.

hehe you guys are right,i love getting proven wrong on raceday if it means ferrari/seb winning XD,

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...in-china-.html
    on the sadder news we are waaaaay slower than Mercs and even RB on race pace, but maurizio said they know mercedes and redbull are strong but ferrari will not surrender

If Mercedes’ qualifying record is impressive, their race performance is not too shabby either. Hamilton has taken three wins in the last four years in Shanghai, and looking at our data, there's every chance he or team mate Bottas could hoist the winner's trophy on Sunday.

With the top two only separated by a tenth in terms of long-run pace so far this season, that gap appears to have ballooned to half a second in China, with Mercedes heading Red Bull and not Ferrari.

Of course, the data may not show the full picture, but the early evidence is that the Scuderia are at their weakest so far this season, at a track where they last tasted victory through Fernando Alonso in 2013.

Should either Vettel or Raikkonen make a mistake in qualifying or get caught out if bad weather hits, they may struggle to keep with the frontrunners judging by their race pace relative to others.

The Prancing Horse is around 0.9s/lap adrift of Mercedes, with Force India, McLaren, Toro Rosso and Haas all within 0.4s/lap of that pace.
    0.9s slower is awful, i hoped we would've brought some significant upgrades but maybe they failed on the dyno or tunnels. Hopefully getting setup right for tomorrow will atleast get seb to fight the rb's , kimi is very happy with the car but i dunno why he is hardly faster than seb who can't get the car to do what he wants, i feel like there's a better chance of taking the fight to the others with seb.

hehe you guys are right,i love getting proven wrong on raceday if it means ferrari/seb winning XD,

on the sadder news we are waaaaay slower than Mercs and even RB on race pace, but maurizio said they know mercedes and redbull are strong but ferrari will not surrender

0.9s slower is awful, i hoped we would've brought some significant upgrades but maybe they failed on the dyno or tunnels. Hopefully getting setup right for tomorrow will atleast get seb to fight the rb's , kimi is very happy with the car but i dunno why he is hardly faster than seb who can't get the car to do what he wants, i feel like there's a better chance of taking the fight to the others with seb.
    That article is total comedy gold, Force India 0,1s slower than Ferari on race pace. What are they drinking? Ferrari again sandbagging a lot.

Take a deep look at this lap-times.

Seb had a lot of traffic on his race-simulation, but when he wasnt in traffic he was very fast on US.

Max (10 laps):
    1:38.811
    1:38.882
    1:39.057
    1:39.199
    1:39.338
    1:39.424
    1:39.192
    1:38.837
    1:39.099
    1:39.113
    ------------------
    Avg: 1:39.095

Lewis (8 laps):
    1:40.072
    1:38.865
    1:38.960
    1:38.759
    1:39.012
    1:39.258
    1:39.289
    1:39.384
    ------------------
    Avg: 1:39.200

Daniel (7 laps):
    1:39.268
    1:38.826
    1:39.210
    1:39.128
    1:41.276 (traffic)
    1:39.293
    1:39.217
    ------------------
    Avg: 1:39.460

Seb (6 laps):
    1:38.651
    1:38.813
    1:39.317
    1:40.259
    1:40.410
    1:40.348
    ------------------
    Avg: 1:39.633

Valtteri (7 laps):
    1:38.702
    1:39.422
    1:39.325
    1:49.871 (traffic)
    1:39.167
    1:39.398
    1:39.256
    ------------------
    Avg: 1:40.734

Kimi did only 3 laps:
    1:38.696
    1:38.769
    1:39.321

Looks like Kimi,Seb look even the fastest (pure pace at the beginning of the stint as you see on laptimes) on US (Bottas fastest lap time was also nearly identical to the both Ferrari drivers), but Seb had a big drop of time then. Which definitely isnt tyre wear related.Nice pace from Ferrari, but we (Ferrari) still need to find some improvement through the night to have a decent chance for pole. Otherwise I see a Hamilton domination in Q3. Vettel said that the car isnt there where he wants it to be in corners. But with this small issues, Ferrari are still very fast. It will be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow, everything is possible.

Our race pace even on mediums look solid.

Last edited by Vettel165; 13th April 2018 at 16:02.

Give it a rest, do you ever properly analyse anything you read or do you simply take it at face value. That supposed analysis puts us just 0.1 seconds per lap ahead of force india...a team we lapped in the last race...maybe take a step back and actually apply a critical eye to what you read especially given you are usually one of the negative posters on race weekends.

No truth in it.

I remember last year Ferrari were off the pace on Friday but always close the gap to the Mercs come FP3 and even in Bahrain Ferrari were slower on the long runs in FP2 than Merc and RB. I guess we are just saving the PU especially with Seb as he has already used up 1 CE well we better hope so otherwise it will be a long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Looks like Kimi,Seb look even the fastest (pure pace at the beginning of the stint as you see on laptimes) on US (Bottas fastest lap time was also nearly identical to the both Ferrari drivers), but Seb had a big drop of time then. Which definitely isnt tyre wear related.Nice pace from Ferrari, but we (Ferrari) still need to find some improvement through the night to have a decent chance for pole. Otherwise I see a Hamilton domination in Q3. Vettel said that the car isnt there where he wants it to be in corners. But with this small issues, Ferrari are still very fast. It will be interesting to see what will happen tomorrow, everything is possible.
    This also jives w/ the speed trap figures posted above which have Vettel easily at the top. He can add more wing to find time as the Mercs must be making their time through the turns they are way down in the speed trap.

The way the two machines want to be configured for optimum performance Ferrari has more top end speed now and is faster in a straight line than the Merc and we haven't been able to say that since the new formula came in 2014.

I know Kimi has shown up in qualifying twice now and looks like he's doing that job properly I just wish he was a better "racer" he is clearly the weakest of the top four drivers on race day. Hamilton and Bottas can both push Vettel in a race but last race Kimi spent 15 laps behind Bottas on a softer tire and the gap stayed around 2 secs the entire time. Kimi never once appeared to try and get on and pass Bottas like Seb passed Hamilton earlier in the race, at racing speed.

If Kimi wants to show me he's back he needs to do it in a race otherwise this is 1998/1999 all over again and not 2000-2004.

Low DF RW was tested for Baku.

Article: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...aijan-1025589/

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I remember last year Ferrari were off the pace on Friday but always close the gap to the Mercs come FP3 and even in Bahrain Ferrari were slower on the long runs in FP2 than Merc and RB. I guess we are just saving the PU especially with Seb as he has already used up 1 CE well we better hope so otherwise it will be a long weekend.
    Ferrari, specially VET normally find some thents between fp2 and fp3 normally above everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Pure nonsense.

Seb's US race sim time is deceiving since he only did 3 laps according to sky so hard to take that into account.

Dani Ric said tyres are making them go more towards using as little of the US as possible and foresees many usesofts in q2

I dont know for sure if seb has any mediums left, i think he has just one soft left too, Hope we get tyre allocation sheet remaining released soon
    Man you are a worrisome guy really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!