Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Attachment 7411

For those wondering why Mercedes was so fast during their second run in Q2. They were in STRAT 2 aka party mode they usually only use in Q3.
    Ham gained 1.2 I think and Bottas 0.9, Sky said because they already revealed their hand in q2 (party mode) to get through it was not a massive jump when they bolted the US on during Q3. Ferrari on the other hand still had their quali mode to deploy during Q3 as they didn't use it during Q2

Danny Rich's components change

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaxTTwYX0AABEdi.jpg

Mercedes has party mode and Ferrari has racing mode :)
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

I for one love Toto's excuses. Bahrain was too hot. China is too cold. Like he's Goldilocks. It has to be just right. 23.547 degrees I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    I call it "Business Mode."

Disappointed Since 2010

I call it "winning mode "
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1984 View Post
    I for one love Toto's excuses. Bahrain was too hot. China is too cold. Like he's Goldilocks. It has to be just right. 23.547 degrees I'm guessing.
    Nope, still not right, its not perfect. It has to be 23.597! LOL!

Ok, all kidding aside. I mean, if they cannot build a race car to work in these temps, then, there is a problem with that team.
    Barcelona being too cold and not in the normal working temps, I understand. But, they have a calendar, and they can look when the GP is and what kind of temps they can expect. You know that some GPS will be cold.

I'm thinking that the sacking of engine man, Sassi, came as a result of him leading Ferrari down a path that was counter-productive, and what we are seeing now with the Ferrari power units, is what they would have knowingly achieved last year had they chosen the correct path that the other engineers were seeking. Mercedes chose that right path and Ferrari didn't. This year, Mercedes has a brand new engine and Ferrari has updated theirs to be on the same path as the Mercedes - the end result is now parity that may possibly be favouring Ferrari in driveability and peak HP, whilst the Mercedes would most likely have the efficiency advantage that everyone is talking about. It's still early days to be conclusive with mileage and longevity, so I'm just enjoying the enlightening results with the Ferrari powered cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I call it "Business Mode."
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I call it "winning mode "

+5 +7.....all of the above x 2

Chinese track 250 miles from space

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dav_TwUXcAEe2F5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +5 +7.....all of the above x 2
    I call it WOSH (wipe off smile hamilton face) mode��

Theory (my perspective)

Strategic Mercedes: They are "playing" the long game. Toto looking perplexed and Lewis making statements of the likes of "Ferrari's pace is a mystery" "They definitely have the better package." Pretending to struggle with all the drama of the media playing into it. They stay close to the Ferrari leaders but don't fall way behind due to the 3 component allocation limit.....and they wait....till Ferrari enters grid spot penalties probably mid-season. Then Lewis comes back, triumphant in all the glory and winning the WDC title....his greatest and an incredible come from behind victory.

Let's hope that I am completely and totally wrong!!!!

Chinese track 250 miles from space

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dav_TwUXcAEe2F5.jpg
    Thanks this looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Im cautiously optimistic about this race. I hate getting too overconfident because my mind will always go back to singapore 2017 and i will feel depressed lol

2018 Chinese GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Why isn’t a China race thread guys ?

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Theory (my perspective)

Strategic Mercedes: They are "playing" the long game. Toto looking perplexed and Lewis making statements of the likes of "Ferrari's pace is a mystery" "They definitely have the better package." Pretending to struggle with all the drama of the media playing into it. They stay close to the Ferrari leaders but don't fall way behind due to the 3 component allocation limit.....and they wait....till Ferrari enters grid spot penalties probably mid-season. Then Lewis comes back, triumphant in all the glory and winning the WDC title....his greatest and an incredible come from behind victory.

that’s a plausible theory.. but IF and WHEN Ferrari ever needs to change components that will incur them penalties, they will most definitely do this in tracks where they can still make up places. this would definitely counter the ‘game’ these Merc guys are playing..

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Why isn’t a China race thread guys ?

Too early...!!

Theory (my perspective)

Once we take the grid penalty we will be running our engine in extreme modes more often. That's why I always felt that this year can be approached as regular 4 engine allotment with a strategic grid penalty race (like Austin)

Theory (my perspective)

This is not an attack on you, but I personally hate conspiracy theories like this. It only seeks to discredit that Ferrari have done a better job.

I don’t think Mercedes is trying this and that to appear slower. I think they’re slower. Every team wants to win everything. This would be the stupidest thing imaginable for Mercedes to do, and an enormous risk. What if Ferrari doesn’t need to take penalties? What if Ferrari wins the development race? The races Mercedes gave away in fantasy land will lose them the championship. Nobody plays games like that after spending $400+ million dollars in a season TO WIN. Remember? F1 is a giant ad for Mercedes. They’re here to win, to sell cars. Your theory just does not stand up to rational thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Im cautiously optimistic about this race. I hate getting too overconfident because my mind will always go back to singapore 2017 and i will feel depressed lol
    lol same here, the first corner is notorious for that kind of disasters too, clean first lap
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Theory (my perspective)

Once we take the grid penalty we will be running our engine in extreme modes more often. That's why I always felt that this year can be approached as regular 4 engine allotment with a strategic grid penalty race (like Austin). This may be an overall better approach than trying to meet 3 engine allocation limit.

Theory (my perspective)

I really hope not lol, cant they be disqualified for this if they do it lol, maybe ferrari should steal some high position guys and get them to squeal, i remember another theory saying mercs are cooling it off some because of the 2021 stuff and making racing look as close and exciting as possible so that fia might be less needed to change the rules very much and that once the rules are set in stone they'l be turning up the engines again
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    This is not an attack on you, but I personally hate conspiracy theories like this. It only seeks to discredit that Ferrari have done a better job.

I don’t think Mercedes is trying this and that to appear slower. I think they’re slower. Every team wants to win everything. This would be the stupidest thing imaginable for Mercedes to do, and an enormous risk. What if Ferrari doesn’t need to take penalties? What if Ferrari wins the development race? The races Mercedes gave away in fantasy land will lose them the championship. Nobody plays games like that after spending $400+ million dollars in a season TO WIN. Remember? F1 is a giant ad for Mercedes. They’re here to win, to sell cars. Your theory just does not stand up to rational thinking.
    ^totally this.....i would have to agree with you 100%

even if we go for a 4th engine this season, as i'm sure all teams will do including MERC, we'll have a a brand new engine that we can push more....and also we can introduce it at a track that we can recover from grid penalties
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom147 View Post
    I call it WOSH (wipe off smile hamilton face) mode😁
    Best one

Mecedes grid penalties also oh thats right they are immune get real they are close now.

Theory (my perspective)

Bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

+1
    Forza Ferrari

Kimi under a lot of pressure early on.

So after such a great quali results we binned it with Seb by not covering Bottas after he pitted....good one Ferrari, good strategy reaction right there, NOT!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So after such a great quali results we binned it with Seb by not covering Bottas after he pitted....good one Ferrari, good strategy reaction right there, NOT!
    Man im so furious, apparently our pits stops were super quick too, around 2.3 - 2.5 or something for kimi and seb. it was just pathetic pitwall calling laps late, and mad max never getting *punished because he's ruining races makes it exciting.

Extending our lead on mercs and ham gone down the toilet. poor seb, and poor kimi twice already