Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Race

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol hope ferrari don't use the software glitch excuse, ferrari have more class to admit mistakes
    Why a software glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Bottas has good outlap & pit stop & 1L pace on mediums. That worked for him to take the lead.
    do you think we suffered some PU/gearbox damage because of max?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

can't wait to hear Maurizio A.

My day is off...!!!
    Anyways I hope we come back strong in baku gp.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Why a software glitch?
    like a software glitch showed them seb had bottas covered when he would make his pitstop ...
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

At least Mercs also botched their strategy for Hamilton.

No

why would we?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 Mercedes 85
    2 Ferrari 84
    3 Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer 55
    4 McLaren Renault 28
    5 Renault 25
    6 Scuderia Toro Rosso Honda 12
    7 Haas Ferrari 11
    8 Sauber Ferrari 2
    9 Force India Mercedes 1
    An that without a win in 2018 yet!

simple answer.......

NO

See on the replay, Max hit Sebs floor, that damaged, then lighting up his rear tyres to spin around, Seb killed them As long as he nursed them home, collect points. If pitted Seb to change he would been alot further down the field way out of the points.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Call me cynical but I thino the SC was deployed at that particular moment to spice up,the 'show'.

Bottas and Vettel could nOt react quick enough due to how close they were to the pits, it was to give the cars behind a chance of the victory, RB reacted but Merc or Ferrari didn't with their second cars.

The debris was out for a few laps so as Paul Di Resta suggested why was the lead car not tracked before deploying the SC as they did have a few laps to think a out it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb was not even defending that corner against mad Max.....
    Yes he's not defending at that corner, why not at the straight line give the place to Max (this guy is terrible, he needs to overtake at any cost even DNF) like Ric did to SV, to avoid accident and SV knows he's tire is done (Bahrain is Luck) no need to defend its a very long lap and the weather is hot.

No
    ok good, im worried how he let bitter alonso pass him and max looked like he torpedo'd him

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    simple answer.......

NO

See on the replay, Max hit Sebs floor, that damaged, then lighting up his rear tyres to spin around, Seb killed them As long as he nursed them home, collect points. If pitted Seb to change he would been alot further down the field way out of the points.
    that makes sense, thanks. he was locking up quite a bit i had a silverstone flashback there

This year it’s a great car which could win the championship.
    Ferrari crew & team should get their act together, already we lost
    1. Kimi 2nd race - 15pts
    2. Vet race win - 25-2= 23pts

It’s twice in a row we lost points over mercs. This shouldn’t happen how fast the car is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    2nd year in a row Safety Car has screwed us in China.

I wont complain too much because we got our fair share of luck in Australia.
    Its better like this RB wins than Merc winning because of the SC. we got our share of luck from VSC, well wait our luck for SC next time.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Yes he's not defending at that corner, why not at the straight line give the place to Max (this guy is terrible, he needs to overtake at any cost even DNF) like Ric did to SV, to avoid accident and SV knows he's tire is done (Bahrain is Luck) no need to defend its a very long lap and the weather is hot.
    Seb gave him room, Max just overdrove
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Call me cynical but I thino the SC was deployed at that particular moment to spice up,the 'show'.

Bottas and Vettel could nOt react quick enough due to how close they were to the pits, it was to give the cars behind a chance of the victory, RB reacted but Merc or Ferrari didn't with their second cars.

The debris was out for a few laps so as Paul Di Resta suggested why was the lead car not tracked before deploying the SC as they did have a few laps to think a out it?
    they do love turning this sport into an entertainment show

so what happens next time we lead a race and Mercs do the undercut?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    simple answer.......

NO

Ferrari should have been smart at this point. Have intimated to vet to slow down a little so that he can come into pits. Because at that Point SC was inevitable (its matter of VSC or SC). Ferrari made lot of strategy mistakes today.

Strategy was bad today. Kimi would have ended up fourth after stops if covered Ricciardo. Losing the lead to Bottas was more understandable, Mercedes must have turn up the wick for one lap there and deliver a brutal undercut. At the end those on old tyres (Bottas, Vettel, Hamilton) struggled a lot. Kimi on fresher mediums was much faster, shame he didn't manage to pass Bottas despite being quicker.

Mad Max striked again and the championship is wide open now. How fast things can change in F1 this year:
    After pre-season and Melbourne qualifying, everyone was sure Hamilton will dominate - he failed to win a single race and was beaten by Bottas fair and square twice.
    After FP3 Ricciardo looked to continue his frustrations - today he won spectacularly while Vettel and Hamilton are off the podium.
    After qualifying and the start, Vettel was sure to win or at least extend his lead in the WDC - he finished eighth.
    Also Honda looked terrible in Australia, got P4 in Bahrain and saw both drivers tangle here.
    McLaren is confused between slow pace and extracting valuable points through Alonso's miracle race performances.

I’m waiting for MA comments..!!
    I’m not able to take this result in the end. seeing Ferrari 1-2 at the start.

like a software glitch showed them seb had bottas covered when he would make his pitstop ...
    Ah you're trying to somehow relate to how what happened in Australia but yeah--not really similar in any way apart from a lead being lost.

I'm worried Mercs are spot on with pitstops and ferrari is forced to play there game

I want SM's opinion he has been much kinder and understanding this season but just curious hehe maybe he'l comment on crashstappen

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Give up a place just like that?

I'm actually speechless. I'm asking myself time and time again this last decade how come a multi-billion dollar company like the Scuderia Ferrari make these stupid pitwall decisions so often? Why did they bring so many US tyres if they intended to fall into the Merc trap anyway? Couldn't they see that Merc didn't have any other option while they had? Maybe they had too many options (as I said yesterday) and it confused them. And why did they keep Seb out when Bottas pitted? What did they think by that? What about Kimi, what did they do there? How can that strategy be explained? They should have stuck with their gut and done the exact thing they thought when they picked the tyres for this race weekend. Seb wouldn't have lost out to Bottas and then he wouldn't have been hit by Max. Max is obviously an idiot and he also looks like Chunk from The Goonies.

As for the safety car. I'm now 100% sure some races in F1 are staged. This was one of them. There was no need to keep the SC from coming out that long and they picked the exact time to send it out to screw the frontrunners who had already passed the pit entry. Everything opened up for Red Bull and especially Ricciardo who was at the end of the queue. Why didn't the SC come out some 20-30 seconds earlier or a minute later? It was so obvious the powers wanted to mix it up a bit. I should really stop watching this "sport". It's just getting more and more stupid by the year.

This has been a very disappointing week excapt for Sebs final stint in Bahrain. And to top it all off, they lost the lead in the WCC.

Seb ahead by 9 in WDC, Ferrari behind by 1 in WCC. A little adversity for the team today, nothing to worry about. Correct mistakes & battle hard for the next 18 races
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I'm worried Mercs are spot on with pitstops and ferrari is forced to play there game
    Every team needs to be good with their pit stops; it quite literally is part of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I'm actually speechless. I'm asking myself time and time again this last decade how come a multi-billion dollar company like the Scuderia Ferrari make these stupid pitwall decisions so often? Why did they bring so many US tyres if they intended to fall into the Merc trap anyway? Couldn't they see that Merc didn't have any other option while they had? Maybe they had too many options (as I said yesterday) and it confused them. And why did they keep Seb out when Bottas pitted? What did they think by that? What about Kimi, what did they do there? How can that strategy be explained? They should have stuck with their gut and done the exact thing they thought when they picked the tyres for this race weekend. Seb wouldn't have lost out to Bottas and then he wouldn't have been hit by Max. Max is obviously an idiot and he also looks like Chunk from The Goonies.

As for the safety car. I'm now 100% sure some races in F1 are staged. This was one of them. There was no need to keep the SC from coming out that long and they picked the exact time to send it out to screw the frontrunners who had already passed the pit entry. Everything opened up for Red Bull and especially Ricciardo who was at the end of the queue. Why didn't the SC come out some 20-30 seconds earlier or a minute later? It was so obvious the powers wanted to mix it up a bit. I should really stop watching this "sport". It's just getting more and more stupid by the year.

This has been a very disappointing week excapt for Sebs final stint in Bahrain. And to top it all off, they lost the lead in the WCC.
    100% head scratching calls from the pitwall

That max comment is brilliant