Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Race

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    saved to watch later going to need some popcorn
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    saved to watch later going to need some popcorn

Laugh is the best medicine after todays race. As Vettel 8 years ago said, dont you worry we will get them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Max is much better driver. Overtake Max tried on Ham was absolutely nuts, and he almost pulled it of. He just needs a bit more patience and Ric will never beat him.
    agreed...He just got too greedy. He should have waited on that 1st overtake into Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Well, that really sucked.

Ferrari are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Total ass clowns.
    You really putted this nice into words

Max is much better driver. Overtake Max tried on Ham was absolutely nuts, and he almost pulled it of. He just needs a bit more patience and Ric will never beat him.
    Max is fast but the patience is crucial as well. That's even more crucial if you are fighting for WDC. On this regard Ricciado is superior. Fast and solid enough.

But yeah. Max is still so young.

Max reminds me of Montoya very quick and exciting but does to many stupid mistakes if he doesn't change his driving style he will leave the sport the same way

Ferrari needs a drastic restructure on the pit wall. Since 2008 they have frequently found ways to blow a race and/or a championship.

Safety car cost ferrari mercedes battle thanks mad max alias mr magoo and as the saying goes oh magoo you have done it again .

I know Max is hot headed, but Hamilton should not have a say He did worse when he started is F1 Career, has he forgotten what he did to Massa many times

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Ferrari needs a drastic restructure on the pit wall. Since 2008 they have frequently found ways to blow a race and/or a championship.
    Yeah i was thinking same thing. Two races we were terrible on strategy. I believe we would have lost this race to red bull given the SC but at least we would have been ahead of bottas. Bahrain was just salvaged due to sebs drive.

Lol if any team can throw away easy wins, it's ferrari, they did everything A++ up until the race( the improvements from friday to quali was insane), 2 weeks time, mercs will have 100+ hp or whatever problem they had this two weeks sorted and back, we never take the chance to get points early.

On the straights today bottas was always in the purple so im not sure what happened with straight line speed, 3 in a row it could'v been
    The team did just a decent job up until now. I always knew they would screw up eventually. They always do. But I was hoping we could make it to the summer break. Now with Kimi's pit stop last week and he strategy this week, the screw ups came way early.

Yes we got bad luck with the Safety Car but keeping Seb and Kimi out there waaaaay too long after the Meecs pitted didn't help our track position.

Merc WILL sort their crap out, we needed to strike while the iron is hot and two wins are nice but we should have had three 1-3s or 1-2s

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    I can't understand how someone who has systematically taken out a title contender once or twice every season is not facing suspension or something reasonably harsh.
    Simple. They think he is the second coming of Jesus. They won't say boo. I'm telling you, he will never be champion unless he pulls his head out of his rectal cavity. You can't win a championship by crashing into people. Well, I guess you can but you need to gets wins first. Can't get wins with all those crashes.

The kid needs a serious ass kicking. Not figuratively via talk with Charlie, but literally, with feet and firsts. Set him straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Kimi is quick but doesn’t overtake, we need to replace him with RIC for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Didn't see Vettel doing any overtaking either. Nor Hamilton, nor Bottas, nor anyone except RBR with a clear tyre advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Yeah i was thinking same thing. Two races we were terrible on strategy. I believe we would have lost this race to red bull given the SC but at least we would have been ahead of bottas. Bahrain was just salvaged due to sebs drive.
    My question is, Kimi was behind Max and Daniel, why did Ferrari not pit Kimi to mirror what Red Bull did. at that stage of race with lower fuel and US tyre, he will have better chance to win the race. Strategy, I hope will not be Ferrari problem this year

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Didn't see Vettel doing any overtaking either. Nor Hamilton, nor Bottas, nor anyone except RBR with a clear tyre advantage.
    Vettel was definitely closer to Bottas and they where on same tires, one lap difference. Kimi was on tires that were younger and he definitely struggled more. I can't even remember one high speed overtake in these last two years from Kimi. Just seems so passive out there in the race...In quali, when everything is dialed in, he still has it. But in race, I dunno if its because of these new cars that lose so much DF, but he doesn't look convincing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild;970306[B
    ]Vettel was definitely closer to Bottas[/B] and they where on same tires, one lap difference. Kimi was on tires that were younger and he definitely struggled more. I can't even remember one high speed overtake in these last two years from Kimi. Just seems so passive out there in the race...In quali, when everything is dialed in, he still has it. But in race, I dunno if its because of these new cars that lose so much DF, but he doesn't look convincing at all.
    No, not really. And in the end even if he was - he couldn't overtake. Or make a legit attempt. It's these regulations. Once you are in that under 1 sec you lose your grip. To overtake you need a clear grip advantage. Same compound (couple of laps fresher is not enough). You need softer tyre to overtake.

No, not really. And in the end even if he was - he couldn't overtake. Or make a legit attempt. It's these regulations. Once you are in that under 1 sec you lose your grip. To overtake you need a clear grip advantage. Same compound (couple of laps fresher is not enough). You need softer tyre to overtake.
    He was lining up to overtake Bottas on same tires with same life (one lap newer). Kimi's tires where what, 9 laps newer? Maybe even more, and Kimi didn't even waste his tires because right after he changed them SC came out, while Bottas was overrun by Vettel for 1/4th of the stint.

Again, is there a case of Kimi overtaking anyone in this new formula? It makes sense. He has most problem of all drivers with tires, car balance and traffic, and as soon as you are around 1s all 3 become very much an issue.

I love Kimi, and for me Kimi will always be (at his pomp) one of the most devastating drivers of all time, but he looks a touch too passive. Very risk averse in practically any situation. That is why usually he is the one getting hit, and not the other way around.

He was lining up to overtake Bottas on same tires with same life (one lap newer). Kimi's tires where what, 9 laps newer? Maybe even more, and Kimi didn't even waste his tires because right after he changed them SC came out, while Bottas was overrun by Vettel for 1/4th of the stint.

Again, is there a case of Kimi overtaking anyone in this new formula? It makes sense. He has most problem of all drivers with tires, car balance and traffic, and as soon as you are around 1s all 3 become very much an issue.

I love Kimi, and for me Kimi will always be (at his pomp) one of the most devastating drivers of all time, but he looks a touch too passive. Very risk averse in practically any situation. That is why usually he is the one getting hit, and not the other way around.
    Doesn't really help if he couldn't overtake.
    You mean has Kimi ever overtook anyone in this new formula? Sure he has.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The team did just a decent job up until now. I always knew they would screw up eventually. They always do. But I was hoping we could make it to the summer break. Now with Kimi's pit stop last week and he strategy this week, the screw ups came way early.

Yes we got bad luck with the Safety Car but keeping Seb and Kimi out there waaaaay too long after the Meecs pitted didn't help our track position.

Merc WILL sort their crap out, we needed to strike while the iron is hot and two wins are nice but we should have had three 1-3s or 1-2s

Simple. They think he is the second coming of Jesus. They won't say boo. I'm telling you, he will never be champion unless he pulls his head out of his rectal cavity. You can't win a championship by crashing into people. Well, I guess you can but you need to gets wins first. Can't get wins with all those crashes.

The kid needs a serious ass kicking. Not figuratively via talk with Charlie, but literally, with feet and firsts. Set him straight.
    Exactly what I am thinking! This was great chance to extend the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Laugh is the best medicine after todays race. As Vettel 8 years ago said, dont you worry we will get them.
    Aww man that was brilliant, all the cuts and edits was phenomenal, im in tears , Drivers legit feared Pastor, look at Hamilton back then fearing the name pastor lol. i could sense it anytime a driver realised maldonado is incoming. Alonso and Kimi look baffled how they are crowning Maldonado winner on the podium.I really miss him.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Doesn't really help if he couldn't overtake.
    You mean has Kimi ever overtook anyone in this new formula? Sure he has.
    I've seen Vettel, Hamilton, Max, Ric all overtaking maneuvers last year (Ric on Kimi in Italy, Seb on two FIs and Bottas, Max on Vettel in USA) but I can't for life of me remember Kimi doing anything similar. He just seems lost in races...

So Seb is basicly saying the same thing I said earlier today. Quoting myself, "As for the safety car. I'm now 100% sure some races in F1 are staged. This was one of them. There was no need to keep the SC from coming out that long and they picked the exact time to send it out to screw the frontrunners who had already passed the pit entry". The difference between me and Seb is that he can't say that in the same manner as I can without bringing the sport in to disrepute (huge fine for that). But there are many ways to say the same thing. Of course this was done to spice up the show. Charlie knew exactly what he was doing when he made the call at that exact moment. He knew how the running order looked and by aiding Red Bull (and Lewis) who have struggled pointwise up until this point it suddenly brings all competitors closer to each other. But nowhere do the powers care to show a representative view of the current pecking order. Obviously, had Seb and Bottas had the same chance to react then Ricciardo wouldn't have won the race. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. The question is, now that Liberty runs the show, how often will it happen in the future? Everytime one team is running away with both titles? Is that the future?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    So Seb is basicly saying the same thing I said earlier today. Quoting myself, "As for the safety car. I'm now 100% sure some races in F1 are staged. This was one of them. There was no need to keep the SC from coming out that long and they picked the exact time to send it out to screw the frontrunners who had already passed the pit entry". The difference between me and Seb is that he can't say that in the same manner as I can without bringing the sport in to disrepute (huge fine for that). But there are many ways to say the same thing. Of course this was done to spice up the show. Charlie knew exactly what he was doing when he made the call at that exact moment. He knew how the running order looked and by aiding Red Bull (and Lewis) who have struggled pointwise up until this point it suddenly brings all competitors closer to each other. But nowhere do the powers care to show a representative view of the current pecking order. Obviously, had Seb and Bottas had the same chance to react then Ricciardo wouldn't have won the race. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. The question is, now that Liberty runs the show, how often will it happen in the future? Everytime one team is running away with both titles? Is that the future?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Yea that was weird.

>See debris on track
    >Wait for 2 laps to pass
    >Wait for Seb and Bottas to get on back straight
    >Call SC
    >Put them on backfoot and give RB massive advantage
    >Spice things up

TBH entire race just got crazier after that so I guess conspiracy could actually make sense. It definitely was amazing race after 30th lap...

I've seen Vettel, Hamilton, Max, Ric all overtaking maneuvers last year (Ric on Kimi in Italy, Seb on two FIs and Bottas, Max on Vettel in USA) but I can't for life of me remember Kimi doing anything similar. He just seems lost in races...
    Kimi did a nice overtake on Bottas in Spa, Perez in Suzuka, Hulk in Suzuka...The list goes on. Don't know why you don't remember.

I think so and before someone brings up Australia and says "we were lucky with the SC there" then my answer to that is that it's completely different. Someone whould have to prove that Ferrari ordered Haas to stop Grosjean exactly when they did and where they did. Imagine the cries had Lewis and Kimi (the frontrunners then) been "shafted" the same way as Bottas and Seb today. No, that time both the VSC and SC came out without "shafting" anyone. It was pure coincidence that Seb was still out on track without a pitstop done. Today had nothing to do with being unlucky or lucky (Red Bull), it was planned by the ones running the show.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Just seen some of the highlights on the news, why was Seb so aggressive towards Kimi at the start? I'm not sure there was need for that tbh, it compromised Kimi into turn one.

as for Max.. what a complete buffoon, can't believe he ruined Sebs race and that penalty, utterly pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Just seen some of the highlights on the news, why was Seb so aggressive towards Kimi at the start? I'm not sure there was need for that tbh, it compromised Kimi into turn one.

as for Max.. what a complete buffoon, can't believe he ruined Sebs race and that penalty, utterly pointless!

From team's POV there was no need for that but from Sebastian's point of view it was a wise thing to do. Kimi might've overtaken him. Vettel did what any racing driver would.

Agreed with Max. 10 sec penalty was a joke.

From team's POV there was no need for that but from Sebastian's point of view it was a wise thing to do. Kimi might've overtaken him. Vettel did what any racing driver would.

Agreed with Max. 10 sec penalty was a joke.
    I don't agree on Seb thing. He was too aggressive and compromised Kimis line as well as his teammate being 2nd which would probably mean Merc would have no chance to undercut him. Kimi would not be able to take corner before Seb and both could have taken a good line into it. Bad move for everyone around bar RBs and Bottas.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    As Vettel said during the post race interview: "Whether it's 3 races or 300 races, no one is immune to having an accident here or there." (not the exact quote but along those lines.)

Max is no Maldonado....at least Max has podium finishes and puts points as opposed to Pastor. Given time and maturity Mad Max will learn from his mistakes. All drivers have had their runins with others.
    Give Maldonado a fast car and he would get you some podiums too. Yes no one is immune to having accidents. But if one person is a statistical anomaly in terms of accidents, there should be repercussions. Why should others suffer till this buffoon grows a brain? I thought the lower leagues ensured that the guys who ended up in F1 were mature enough from word go.

Wasn't there a black points system?

I think there is something wrong in the Kimi-Ferrari relationship. Of course Seb has the 1st shot at the WDC, but its still early and more important we have to go for the WCC too.Today it looked like all the crew where watching for Seb(doing a bad job at it too) and they left Kimi's strategy to the janitor. If Kimi was pitted when the safety car came he could have won, but the janitor hadnt figured out how to turn the communications on yet