Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Race

RB is a real threat this year, especially since mercs and rb have history of waaay better season development, i hope seb can bounce back and win the next one, no more mistakes, next race feels too faaar away lol. Vettel's redemption at baku him winning would be amazing full circle from last year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2018/04 ... 1h-si.html

1 Ferrari used new floor in Bahrain, it is structurally different as the old one had slight flexibility that caused instability while cornering
    2 There were few changes introduced to bargeboard area
    3 Changes where obviously very positive and confirmed CFD and simulation data
    4 Ferrari PU now exceeding qualifying mode of Mercedes
    5 In race however, they did more lift and coast then Mercedes and would lose 0.1-0.3 tenths on some laps in S3 on straights
    6 Innovative system from Ferrari was introduced in SF71H where driver can manually (with pedal on steering wheel) control hot air coming from wastegates to make rear wing
    more efficient (?)
    7 Borderline legal, but questions FIA could receive questions about this
    8 Bottas was faster only on lap 4, 9 and 16 and recovered 3.5s deficit through bigger then expected performance gap between new M and old S tires, slower pit entry from Vettel
    and slow pitstop (fast for Bottas)
    9 Ferrari in China had performance advantage on all tires, in race and in Q

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2018/04 ... 1h-si.html

1 Ferrari used new floor in Bahrain, it is structurally different as the old one had slight flexibility that caused instability while cornering
    2 There were few changes introduced to bargeboard area

3 Changes where obviously very positive and confirmed CFD and simulation data
    4 Ferrari PU now exceeding qualifying mode of Mercedes
    5 In race however, they did more lift and coast then Mercedes and would lose 0.1-0.3 tenths on some laps in S3 on straights
    6 Innovative system from Ferrari was introduced in SF71H where driver can manually (with pedal on steering wheel) control hot air coming from wastegates to make rear wing
    more efficient (?)
    7 Borderline legal, but questions FIA could receive questions about this
    8 Bottas was faster only on lap 4, 9 and 16 and recovered 3.5s deficit through bigger then expected performance gap between new M and old S tires, slower pit entry from Vettel
    and slow pitstop (fast for Bottas)
    9 Ferrari in China had performance advantage on all tires, in race and in Q

knew it, so we don't have any floor updates coming in Baku sadly and ferrari still having to lift and coast a lot more than mercs.

Thanks for the post
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    knew it, so we don't have any floor updates coming in Baku sadly and ferrari still having to lift and coast a lot more than mercs.

Thanks for the post
    Do you always look at the glass half empty ?

With all the lift and coast we were the fastest car on the track, I think we "could" be strong for Baku with our low drag philosophy of the car and high rake should gives us enough downforce for the twisty S2.
    Will see.

Its looking good it is just the start of the season, but on tehnical forum and many people saying that Ferrari as a car is having more potencial to unlock in devepoment than Mercedes, RBR this year.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 17th April 2018 at 08:14.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Do you always look at the glass half empty ?
    I'm sorry, i guess im still frustrated and disappointed, whenever ferrari seem to be doing better and look like the better car it somehow gets flushed down the toilet very quick. After Saturday haha thought there was finally a change in the status quo and held hope but it looked back to the usual 2014-2017 stuff on race day. same with it.motorsport always promising great updates and always end up being madeup, overcockiness or over exaggerations.

Hope Seb wins at baku lol i personally need a lift

but it looked back to the usual 2014-2017 stuff on race day.
    No it never, you just make things up to moan.
    Forza Ferrari

I'm sorry, i guess im still frustrated and disappointed, whenever ferrari seem to be doing better and look like the better car it somehow gets flushed down the toilet very quick. After Saturday haha thought there was finally a change in the status quo and held hope but it looked back to the usual 2014-2017 stuff on race day. same with it.motorsport always promising great updates and always end up being madeup, overcockiness or over exaggerations.

Hope Seb wins at baku lol i personally need a lift
    If you need a lift when we lead both the constructors and drivers world championship after three races I don't know what to say...bad races happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    If you need a lift when we lead both the constructors and drivers world championship after three races I don't know what to say...bad races happen.
    we lost lead in wcc unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    we lost lead in wcc unfortunately.
    Right my mistake it's one point so not exactly insurmountable and my point still stands.

Thanks for the post
    I don’t understand how everybody is surprised by the inexistent gap of speed between soft and new medium tires for merc, we saw that on Barcelona tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

guys, if we remove the MaxCrashen incident, we could have retained lead in the costructors.... what is notable of this race is the fact that kimi is being used for seb's benefit, instead of being allowed his own racing style, and that is VERY disturbing, and secondly, Ferrari botched the occasion of getting kimi fresh softs under safety car, which might have helped him later on in the race, seb unfortunately was caught along with bottas in the wrong part of the track to have benefit. Safety car messed our strategy sad but true, and as much as I dislike the safety car scenario, we have also benefitted at times, so one race to put behind us and hope for better races to come.
    I personally feel that the penalty to max was a joke, and to all those that rate max.... sigh.... not with the last 3 races he's not rateable even as mediocre.

Pit-stop & Strategy review: Bottas with fastest stop (2.15s) but Redbull shone with flawless double pit-stops.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da0ZSAHWsAAoO7B.jpg

At Mclarens F1 very detailed lighting notification system during a pitstop. A driver can only exit the pits when all lights are illuminated green @ Chinese GP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dapazx2V4AAQQDQ.jpg

Best of Team Radio | 2018 Chinese Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_s0iwj_Ns

Nice review from Brundle

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/240...s-seat-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Leclerc, Vettel was the rage here all winter! It was Kimi on the podium , not Leclerc or Vettle. Ferrari's not in harmony, their in syncopation. Ok , their certainly was harmony during the Rubens days. Move over, and he did!
    If Kimi wants to be a leader, then let him lead. The team seems to be relaxed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da_-ziHW4AAZ9Jo.jpg

tyre allocation baku... very aggressive.. we've seen how that worked in china, lets hope US tyres are better for race for ferrari sake.

How are they going to have any alternatives for the race though?? one soft and two supersofts??

if baku is a 1 stopper like i have a feeling it is, then imo we chose the wrong tyre allocation. no offence to anyone

if baku is a 1 stopper like i have a feeling it is, then imo we chose the wrong tyre allocation. no offence to anyone
    Baku is not like China though....off course we made a mistake though as you know better tyre data than Ferrari.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Baku is not like China though....off course we made a mistake though as you know better tyre data than Ferrari.....

I've seen you post quite a lot recently... but also you moan quite a lot!

Have some faith mwk360, the positivity always brings good things. I think we will see a 1 stoper for Baku, starting on US and then going to the SS or softs. Baku as a circuit doesnt eat the tyres so fast as China, last year the tyre wear was very low here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Da_-ziHW4AAZ9Jo.jpg

tyre allocation baku... very aggressive.. we've seen how that worked in china, lets hope US tyres are better for race for ferrari sake.

How are they going to have any alternatives for the race though?? one soft and two supersofts??
    You only need one set of each for the race so they will test long runs each on one set of tyre for Fp2.

This start of year we are trying hard to qualify in front

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    This start of year we are trying hard to qualify in front

Seb knows that if he can be in front he can easily control the race pace like in the 2011 days. The only thing hindering him is poor strategy calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Seb knows that if he can be in front he can easily control the race pace like in the 2011 days. The only thing hindering him is poor strategy calls.
    Im actually shocked that ferrari has built a good qualifying car. Hopefully seb can go back to his 2013 days where he can build a 10 second gap in the first stint and we will be unbeatable

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Im actually shocked that ferrari has built a good qualifying car. Hopefully seb can go back to his 2013 days where he can build a 10 second gap in the first stint and we will be unbeatable
    Don't forget that Ferrari lost developers to Mercedes under the Brawn era, Aldo Costa being a primary figure under the Rory Byrne domination era and now heading Mercedes design. It takes time to rebuild. They were stuck to their old design concepts and old wind tunnel. Sergio has rebuilt the team as needed and got a brand new car built in one year that is now getting the attention of the other teams. If the car is this good in qualifying, with this new of a car, perhaps we can win this thing. But, I'm not getting too excited yet. Let's hope the car is this good in the next few rounds. It's getting exciting.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Don't forget that Ferrari lost developers to Mercedes under the Brawn era, Aldo Costa being a primary figure under the Rory Byrne domination era and now heading Mercedes design. It takes time to rebuild. They were stuck to their old design concepts and old wind tunnel. Sergio has rebuilt the team as needed and got a brand new car built in one year that is now getting the attention of the other teams. If the car is this good in qualifying, with this new of a car, perhaps we can win this thing. But, I'm not getting too excited yet. Let's hope the car is this good in the next few rounds. It's getting exciting.

He has aided and developed the SF70-H, SF71-H, and currently working on project 670 or 2019 model. A very important figure currently in Ferrari F1.

Thanks for the post
    No, you didn't. Also, "floor updates" as regards "Baku" was nowhere in that message you quoted. How do you know changes to the floor are needed anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I've seen you post quite a lot recently... but also you moan quite a lot!
    lol everytime im positive we get disaster races, ill take being proving wrong 100x if we end up winning

Have some faith mwk360, the positivity always brings good things. I think we will see a 1 stoper for Baku, starting on US and then going to the SS or softs. Baku as a circuit doesnt eat the tyres so fast as China, last year the tyre wear was very low here.
    Hehe lets hope we can repeat the saturday we had at china then
    But doesn't 1 stopper mean its worse for Ferrari? we took so much US we will have so little data on other tyres. This year all the tyres are 1 compound softer as well. I was just thinking having option B incase 100x sc and vsc happens like last year. It's going to be really interesting but if the US will work we need a front row lockout.
    I so badly want some new upgrades to counter mercs, they are definitely bringing something big after their last two races

You only need one set of each for the race so they will test long runs each on one set of tyre for Fp2.
    You right just thought maybe having little more options in the case of the unseen happens

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post

in the legend Sergio M do we trust