Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’m waiting for MA comments..!!
    I’m not able to take this result in the end. seeing Ferrari 1-2 at the start.
    I've seen worse to be honest. Remember Monaco 2008? we were 1-2 at the start but still couldn't win, not even there.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I want SM's opinion he has been much kinder and understanding this season but just curious hehe maybe he'l comment on crashstappen
    How has he been "much kinder and understanding" this season? Maybe it's just me but very little, if anything at all, has been heard from him this 3-race old season. Unless of course you know him personally--in which case, I would still like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Yes he's not defending at that corner, why not at the straight line give the place to Max (this guy is terrible, he needs to overtake at any cost even DNF) like Ric did to SV, to avoid accident and SV knows he's tire is done (Bahrain is Luck) no need to defend its a very long lap and the weather is hot.
    Stupid comment.
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

What was amazing was the length RB used US and kept ahead, Kimi couldn't catch max and Ric was close to Ham,do they have great Tyre conditioning or was the US overlooked
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Guys, the season is still young. We just had some bad luck. I know this was a frustrating race for us, but I think we'll see better races. I was floored by how dejected Hamilton sounded. I thought he was going to cry. That's what happens when you get cocky. Stay humble.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Well "s..." happens, we are still leading the WDC by 9 points, we had a lot of luck in Australia. If there was no safety car there Seb would had now 44 points with Hamilton 52. So we are now equal if we are comparing luck. Seb has 54 points with Hamilton 45. If someone told me we would be leading the WDC after 3 races, i wouldnt believe him. The next race is a whole new start, beggining, our car is very strong on qualy, race pace, we were faster as Mercedes today. RBR had a lot of luck. I see Hamilton as the main challenge for WDC with Seb and his pace was lacking today. Bring on Baku. Please be better with strategy next time for both drivers, I really want to see a Ferrari driver finally taking the title, but its a long year ahead, please god that is my only wish this year.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 15th April 2018 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Give up a place just like that?
    Yes gave up a place just like that, why? how long SV can defend Max with a brand new soft tire? SV is still leading Hami at that point, even Hami cannot overtake SV at that time because hami tire is dead already.. Because of that accident Hami is 4th while SV at 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Guys, the season is still young. We just had some bad luck. I know this was a frustrating race for us, but I think we'll see better races. I was floored by how dejected Hamilton sounded. I thought he was going to cry. That's what happens when you get cocky. Stay humble.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    well said
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well happens, we are still leading the WDC by 9 points, we had a lot of luck in Australia. If there was no safety car there Seb would had now 44 points with Hamilton 52. So we are now equal if we are comparing luck. Seb had 54 points with Hamilton 45. If someone told me we would be leading the WDC after 3 races, i wouldnt believe him. The next race is a whole new start, beggining, our car is very strong on qualy, race pace, we were faster as Mercedes today. RBR had a lot of luck. I see Hamilton as the main challenge for WDC with Seb and his pace was lacking today. Bring on Baku. Please be better with strategy next time for both drivers, I really want to see a Ferrari driver finally taking the title, but its a long year ahead, please god that is my only this year.
    Yup. We did benefit from SC, and quick pit wall reaction in Australia, the same way RB did today.
    Sometimes we get lucky and make the right call, sometimes we don't.

More importantly, we are not behind Merc in terms of pace. I think we are very even them, maybe even have an advantage in qualifying.
    We can win both titles as long as we keep improving.

Yes gave up a place just like that, why? how long SV can defend Max with a brand new soft tire? SV is still leading Hami at that point, even Hami cannot overtake SV at that time because hami tire is dead already.. Because of that accident Hami is 4th while SV at 8th.
    Who knows if he was even trying to fight Verstappen? He sure knew he wasn’t going to win that battle. To me it looked Verstappen trying to find a gap which wasn’t there, he could’ve easily got him in next half lap or so

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    Stupid comment.
    Its my opinion only if he let Max (Brand new Soft tire, no way you can defend for more than 10 laps with SV tire) gave an easy overtake at the straight without the accident SV at 4th or 3rd he will catch bottas (1 or 2 laps older tire than SV), well we have nothing to do with it well wait for 2 weeks for next race

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well "s..." happens, we are still leading the WDC by 9 points, we had a lot of luck in Australia. If there was no safety car there Seb would had now 44 points with Hamilton 52. So we are now equal if we are comparing luck. Seb has 54 points with Hamilton 45. If someone told me we would be leading the WDC after 3 races, i wouldnt believe him. The next race is a whole new start, beggining, our car is very strong on qualy, race pace, we were faster as Mercedes today. RBR had a lot of luck. I see Hamilton as the main challenge for WDC with Seb and his pace was lacking today. Bring on Baku. Please be better with strategy next time for both drivers, I really want to see a Ferrari driver finally taking the title, but its a long year ahead, please god that is my only wish this year.
    We had 3rd place covered in last race, this race too it’s Ferrari’s to loose. I’m getting disappointed with these mistakes.
    Remember Bahrain win it’s down to seb brilliance. In that race too Ferrari caught sleeping.
    So it’s 2nd consecutive race, which was almost decided by pit stop & tyre strategy. Where Ferrari got it wrong.
    It’s unacceptable going ahead.

I think Seb would have done so, but things never really got to that point. Max was way behind and he t-boned Seb. Seb didn't even see him coming. How is that Seb being "stubborn" or "dumb" like you say?

Drivers getting the pole positions & front row lock out. But with these pit stops & tyre strategies mistakes from Ferrari is costing the team much needed wins.

First of all, Vettel should not block so aggessively Kimi in Turn one, after the start. This caused Kimi to lose position and therefor Ferrari lost the luxury they had. Race could have been a simple win! Secondly, what a bad strategy of Ferrari. Without a computer or even lap times access by my side, I could see an undercut from Bottas. And what they did to Kimi is painful. He deserve better. I am sure he will question this internally, as a good pro. A last observation: do you think they are happy at Red Bull for making the decission to give Mad Max a long-time contract and by doing this losing Ricciardo?

one thing we didn't mention though, i thought ultimately the final call when it comes to changing tyres was down to the driver, not the pitwall? or has that changed as well. Surely the team would have anticipated an undercut when looking at the possible scenarios before the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
    First of all, Vettel should not block so aggessively Kimi in Turn one, after the start. This caused Kimi to lose position and therefor Ferrari lost the luxury they had. Race could have been a simple win! Secondly, what a bad strategy of Ferrari. Without a computer or even lap times access by my side, I could see an undercut from Bottas. And what they did to Kimi is painful. He deserve better. I am sure he will question this internally, as a good pro. A last observation: do you think they are happy at Red Bull for making the decission to give Mad Max a long-time contract and by doing this losing Ricciardo?
    Yeah so I feel your pain. I am, however, not sure how simple that win could have been--regardless of positions after lap 1--had they still failed to react to the undercut.

Yes, mate--we heard you the first 6,000 times you said it. We have also kind of figured it out by now. By all means go ahead though, I respect your right to make your feelings repeatedly known.
    If we have started back on 2nd row or the other. I wouldn’t have been disappointed.
    But there was a chance to get 3 in a row. That’s making me mad. Just like mad max.

Also if it’s only a race, where Ferrari got it wrong it would have been ok. But it’s 2nd race caught sleeping. There should be some thinking process to move ahead or react.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    one thing we didn't mention though, i thought ultimately the final call when it comes to changing tyres was down to the driver, not the pitwall? or has that changed as well. Surely the team would have anticipated an undercut when looking at the possible scenarios before the race.
    Race engineer would provide the feedback of his current pace & whom u r racing with.
    If bottas is pitted earlier, then it’s duty of race engineer to inform his driver to push like a hell or manage tyres. Then driver will make the call.

If we have started back on 2nd row or the other. I wouldn’t have been disappointed.
    But there was a chance to get 3 in a row. That’s making me mad. Just like mad max.

Also if it’s only a race, where Ferrari got it wrong it would have been ok. But it’s 2nd race caught sleeping. There should be some thinking process to move ahead or react.
    It is rather frustrating but nothing to be done now but look to the next one. We've got a good car that can take the fight to Merc and RB; lots to look forward to.

Yeah so I feel your pain. I am, however, not sure how simple that win could have been--regardless of positions after lap 1--had they still failed to react to the undercut.
    The second car leaves a gap to the leading car and therefore you can not undercut the leader.

Race engineer would provide the feedback of his current pace & whom u r racing with.
    If bottas is pitted earlier, then it’s duty of race engineer to inform his driver to push like a hell or manage tyres. Then driver will make the call.
    or Vettel could have said I'm coming in immediately to cover the undercut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    or Vettel could have said I'm coming in immediately to cover the undercut?
    Ferrari feared that they can do 30odd laps on mediums, this might be the only reason...!! But for this fear, they also have an answer that ... we have 1new set of softs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Who knows if he was even trying to fight Verstappen? He sure knew he wasn’t going to win that battle. To me it looked Verstappen trying to find a gap which wasn’t there, he could’ve easily got him in next half lap or so
    For sure, but he is a hot headed full!

Ferrari & teams went into race with unknown variable on race pace which didn’t go proper as per their plan in fp2.

2 weeks time for the next race

Unlucky race as we were clearly the fastest car. I'm convinced that without the SC Vettel would have passed Bottas in the latter stages.
    Ricciardo got lucky as usual, I can't remember one race he won on pure merit.
    Verstappen... I don't understand how Vettel could remain so calm. I would have punched him in the face as soon as I got out of the car. The 10 seconds penalty was a joke. This guy needs a freaking race ban. Every season he's costing Vettel big points by crashing left and right.
    Good job by Kimi even if he was awful in the first stint.

I know it is just 3rd race of the season, but still... I am so dissapointed... Knowing we could have 1-2 and extend massively gap both in CWC and WDC, what should have been such a slap into Mercedes face, now they are leading CWC and sort just 9 pints in WDC.... Really shame...
    Good point is that car is GOOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Unlucky race as we were clearly the fastest car. I'm convinced that without the SC Vettel would have passed Bottas in the latter stages.
    Ricciardo got lucky as usual, I can't remember one race he won on pure merit.
    Verstappen... I don't understand how Vettel could remain so calm. I would have punched him in the face as soon as I got out of the car. The 10 seconds penalty was a joke. This guy needs a freaking race ban. Every season he's costing Vettel big points by crashing left and right.
    Good job by Kimi even if he was awful in the first stint.
    +1000000