Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chinese GP Race

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The solution to this is simple... Vettel needs to stop chopping his teammate at the start of the race and Ferrari need to react to cover everyone else when they all go on the exact same strategy.... this would have avoided all of the rest of the incidents that happened to them....
    Easier said than done mate.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Thoughts..

We need to think more about our team starts and our strategy calls. Kimi needs to step up a bit generally. Verstappen should do one!

We do have the fastest car; certainly no car is faster. We also need to cover off the Mercs/ others when they pit. The delay cost VET the lead and had he not been where he was, he might not have been clouted by Vershunten!

As someone said, we benefitted from the SC earlier this term; this time RB did.

Lots of reasons to be cheerful folks!
    Trying to be less angry..

it seems to me Baku will be very important because of momentum. Somehow the silver cars are leading WCC even though they don't win races anymore. If we win then the momentum is back with us.

Every time Daniel has won a race something major has happened. All his wins are from outside the top 3.

2014 Canada: Merc brake issues
    2014 Hungary: Perez collision with the wall
    2014 Belgium: Rosberg and Hamilton make contact
    2016 Malaysia: Hamilton engine failure
    2017 Baku: Vettel/Hamilton fiasco
    2018 China: Max crashed into Vettel

A little fun fact for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Thoughts..

We need to think more about our team starts and our strategy calls. Kimi needs to step up a bit generally. Verstappen should do one!

We do have the fastest car; certainly no car is faster. We also need to cover off the Mercs/ others when they pit. The delay cost VET the lead and had he not been where he was, he might not have been clouted by Vershunten!

As someone said, we benefitted from the SC earlier this term; this time RB did.

Lots of reasons to be cheerful folks!
    Kimi has stepped up.....right behind Vettel....realize Bahrain was a somewhat slow start but the pit lane....IN FACT...all of Kimi's placing has been induced by the pit lane one way shape or form of the other.

What delay??? Lap 21 when Mercedes did the undercut on Ferrari and Bottas came ahead of Vettel??? Or the SC delay to pit? Realize Max hit Vettel (lap 43) but Vettel ruined his tyres by lighting them up excessively and lost 2 places to Hulk and Alonso.

Now hours after the race with calmed passion I still find it very hard to reconcile with defeat... Especially after such strong qualifying on Saturday with front row lock up. I know it is not for granted that after that we will took 1-2 on Sunday, but still for sure we were all expecting much more than 3rd and 8th. I don't now what hurts me more, stupid strategic decision made by team or that idiot MV?!?!?! I am not a violent person, but someone should really put fists (hard) into his face and teach him some lessons...
    Ufffffff, such a bad Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi has stepped up.....right behind Vettel....realize Bahrain was a somewhat slow start but the pit lane....IN FACT...all of Kimi's placing has been induced by the pit lane one way shape or form of the other.

What delay??? Lap 21 when Mercedes did the undercut on Ferrari and Bottas came ahead of Vettel??? Or the SC delay to pit? Realize Max hit Vettel (lap 43) but Vettel ruined his tyres by lighting them up excessively and lost 2 places to Hulk and Alonso.
    We should have react3d to Bottas,s pit stop one lap later to cover him off......and not waited another couple of laps later when we came right behind him.....Ferrari must have had a glitch in software like Merc had in Australia

Now I’m not saying that we would have won because those bulls were too fast on new softs, but at least we would have had a different result with Seb
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

We should come back strong in baku

Strategy was shockingly bad today, hopefully it's fixed for next race.

Redbulls got lucky with the safety car but we did in Australia so can't complain too much.

Hopefully max finds a brain somewhere between now and Baku (unless he wants to crash into a merc)
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Well, that really sucked.

Ferrari are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Total ass clowns.

Looking at the bigger picture, we are just 1 point of Mercedes after 3 races and Seb leading the WDC by 9 points. Not bad if we look how after testing, media was telling us that Ferrari is the third or even fourth fastest car on the grid. But I didnt believe them a word, from the first geteway I saw a big potential in this car, the color the packaging of the car, everything looked perfect. There are still 18 races to go, 450 points are still available, this is a massive number. Development will be the key for this season, but I think our car philosphy is having more potencial to unlock with high rake-low drag than Mercedes, RBR cars which are an evolution of last years car, we have a brand new one (revolution). Will see. I am very calm now, because we are still leading the WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Well, that really sucked.

Ferrari are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Total ass clowns.
    Lol if any team can throw away easy wins, it's ferrari, they did everything A++ up until the race( the improvements from friday to quali was insane), 2 weeks time, mercs will have 100+ hp or whatever problem they had this two weeks sorted and back, we never take the chance to get points early.

On the straights today bottas was always in the purple so im not sure what happened with straight line speed, 3 in a row it could'v been
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Did Kimi ever pass or even try to pass ANY car that is not backmarker in this new formula? He simply looks out of sorts once he has to pass car infront (Bottas today). Vettel on tires that had 1 lap less then Bottas possed bigger threat then Kimi with 10 laps younger.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Lol if any team can throw away easy wins, it's ferrari, they did everything A++ up until the race( the improvements from friday to quali was insane), 2 weeks time, mercs will have 100+ hp or whatever problem they had this two weeks sorted and back, we never take the chance to get points early.

On the straights today bottas was always in the purple so im not sure what happened with straight line speed, 3 in a row it could'v been
    Look buddy look at the bright side.

I feel a little bit better now to see that not just the Ferrari strategy team was having a lot of "brainfarts" today but also Mercedes one. They were all just stupid today, the only strategy that did work today was the strategy by Bottas. Hamilton, Vettel, Kimi were all compromised. Seb still leading the WDC after 3 races is still a good sign for Ferrari, yes he could have a lot more points after today, but I really want to see a pure battle for WDC between Seb and Hamilton just like last year. Of course wont bother that Kimi will join the fight. I also think Ferrari will be very strong on that S3 in Baku (the longest straight).Bring it on,14 days its a long time, hope that this time will pass fast.

I can't understand how someone who has systematically taken out a title contender once or twice every season is not facing suspension or something reasonably harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Look buddy look at the bright side.

I feel a little bit better now to see that not just the Ferrari strategy team was having a lot of "brainfarts" today but also Mercedes one. They were all just stupid today, the only strategy that did work today was the strategy by Bottas. Hamilton, Vettel, Kimi were all compromised. Seb still leading the WDC after 3 races is still a good sign for Ferrari, yes he could have a lot more points after today, but I really want to see a pure battle for WDC between Seb and Hamilton just like last year. Of course wont bother that Kimi will join the fight. I also think Ferrari will be very strong on that S3 in Baku (the longest straight).Bring it on,14 days its a long time, hope that this time will pass fast.
    You right man, but i had hope seeing our Quali speeds man, i had hope that we can finally shake off these few years and be on the other side of fails and errors. and all the cars seemed to be equal today. lol i want Vettel to win outright than have Ham challenging and being smug all year long. To see it go wrong in such a blunder way it disappoints even more because seb finished 8th from 1st :(
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Did Kimi ever pass or even try to pass ANY car that is not backmarker in this new formula? He simply looks out of sorts once he has to pass car infront (Bottas today). Vettel on tires that had 1 lap less then Bottas possed bigger threat then Kimi with 10 laps younger.
    Kimi is quick but doesn’t overtake, we need to replace him with RIC for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

lauda called out max's lack of intelligence or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by khizerk View Post
    I can't understand how someone who has systematically taken out a title contender once or twice every season is not facing suspension or something reasonably harsh.

As Vettel said during the post race interview: "Whether it's 3 races or 300 races, no one is immune to having an accident here or there." (not the exact quote but along those lines.)

Max is no Maldonado....at least Max has podium finishes and puts points as opposed to Pastor. Given time and maturity Mad Max will learn from his mistakes. All drivers have had their runins with others.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We should have react3d to Bottas,s pit stop one lap later to cover him off......and not waited another couple of laps later when we came right behind him.....Ferrari must have had a glitch in software like Merc had in Australia
    We did. Vettel came in in next lap, not after couple of ones. The performance with new mediums and a great pitstop was enough to make the undercut.

There is plenty of this kind BS on this topic. Did you actually watch the race through TV or streams or are you just reacting to other social media BS?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    As Vettel said during the post race interview: "Whether it's 3 races or 300 races, no one is immune to having an accident here or there." (not the exact quote but along those lines.)

Max is no Maldonado....at least Max has podium finishes and puts points as opposed to Pastor. Given time and maturity Mad Max will learn from his mistakes. All drivers have had their runins with others.
    Maldonado is a race winner. The last one on Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Kimi is quick but doesn’t overtake, we need to replace him with RIC for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kimi during this race was "used" by Ferrari to either slow down Hamilton or slow down Bottas.....frustrating for the Kimster. At one point he could not overtake due to the wash from the previous car by loosing front end grip.

this was Kimi during the interview:

Q: “If you had the power what would be the Formula 1 today? What would you change?”
    Kimi: “I don’t have the power so what is the point to even waste to think about it. I don’t understand, what is the point, I have zero power.”

With regards to Ricciardo and RedBulls team-mate strategy, do you really think Ricciardo wants to come to Ferrari?? Look at the way RedBull let's the team-mates battle one another, while they do favour Max, they let Ricciardo and Max battle it out. The only time I can think of RedBull mucking it up for Ricciardo was in Monaco(2016 I believe) and Max under the SC (2017)...thats it. Ferrari have mucked it up for Kimi this whole season(yes 3 seasons in is premature) and Kimi has the car and the winning attitude on the track but Ferrari's strategy is like putting all your eggs on one basket(Vettel).
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 15th April 2018 at 17:44.

I might get hate for this but I absolutely despise the Ricciardo circlejerk. There are actually people calling him the fastest driver out of the grid because he divebombs a lot and drinks out of a shoe lmao. As my previous post most of his wins involved some kind of incident somewhere else on track. Today Red Bull strategists got everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Maldonado is the legend of this sport. God I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    yes he is. Only 1 win his whole entire career in F1 and 76pts total

Max has had 3 wins and currently has 439 career pts AND he is only 20yrs old.

No comparison.

yes he is

he was funny lol, prefer him over max.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I might get hate for this but I absolutely despise the Ricciardo circlejerk. There are actually people calling him the fastest driver out of the grid because he divebombs a lot and drinks out of a shoe lmao. As my previous post most of his wins involved some kind of incident somewhere else on track. Today Red Bull strategists got everything right.
    Max is much better driver. Overtake Max tried on Ham was absolutely nuts, and he almost pulled it of. He just needs a bit more patience and Ric will never beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    while i think he is one of the best, i agree with the shoe thing, i hate that lol, i change the channel when rb or merc usually win so i don't see it thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he was funny lol, prefer him over max.
    Agree.
    Here you go guys a video for a better mood. I died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJHQidXV5M