Thread: F1 steering wheel (detailed): Sauber 2018

F1 steering wheel (detailed): Sauber 2018

You need a PHd to operate the darn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://i.redd.it/tiea52q9vjr01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You need a PHd to operate the darn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://i.redd.it/tiea52q9vjr01.jpg
    Thank you thats so awesome, no wonder maldonado had trouble!, pitlane button and radio are so close to each other shocked they don't press PL on accident or vice versa
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

All these buttons, switches, dials, gizmo's and other do-dads "look" like "driver assist" mechanisms.......all being relayed back and forth to the pits and HQ in real time.

No wonder it's more car....than driver.

I love technology on my smart phone or when I go to a doctors visit....in F1 and in cars...no so much. I recently attended a BMW race for the cure event....they let you drive all models that were available for free....I chose all their M's cars and told the guy accompaning my that I wanted all the driver assist crap switched off and wanted paddle shifts.....we both had alot of fun.

looks like Lance Stroll was right after all, F1 driving is like a playstation game

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    looks like Lance Stroll was right after all, F1 driving is like a playstation game
    If he finishes the season ahead of Leclerc he will be considered a F1 future great. At least there's some interest for fans at the back of the track during the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    At least there's some interest for fans at the back of the track during the races.
    What Brembo watching the spoilt boy Lance or watching our Ferrari junior totally annihilate him.

Forza Jules

lol i hope Sauber Alfa destroys williams this year, weaker car but better drivers (Ericsson and prodigy Leclerc)

Was worried Sauber's steering wheel will reveal some secrets about Ferrari parts or engine info or something.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I don't think a driver necessarily see this the same way as laymen do.

Things like differential setting or fuel mixture are stuff race drivers know how it works, and what they want.
    I'd imagine any car enthusiast who tunes their car have to know these stuff, let alone race drivers who have to setup their race cars.

Perhaps the less common thing here is the energy recovery system settings. But this is not unique to F1 either today.

To laymen, it may seem more complex simply because they don't know what those setting do, and feel that the drivers are fiddling with knobs that does rocket science stuff.