Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardo leaves RBR for Renault

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I would say Bottas is similar to kimi
    All in McLaren vs hamilton was a McLaren vs Alonso, so please don’t mix things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah right. It's conspiracy by Alonso that McLaren favoured the rookie Hamilton.

And well whatever nevermind. Hamilton won WDC 2008 on non WCC car. His teammate Kovalainen was a average driver at best so no help from him. Chinmay claimed that Ham could only win WDC's and drive fast because Rosberg set the car. That is bunch of BS. So is the claim that Bottas is very slow. He won Massa 3-0 on Williams, Massa was on the way to beat Kimi 2-1 on Ferrari before his accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Yeah right. It's conspiracy by Alonso that McLaren favoured the rookie Hamilton.

And well whatever nevermind. Hamilton won WDC 2008 on non WCC car. His teammate Kovalainen was a average driver at best so no help from him. Chinmay claimed that Ham could only win WDC's and drive fast because Rosberg set the car. That is bunch of BS. So is the claim that Bottas is very slow. He won Massa 3-0 on Williams, Massa was on the way to beat Kimi 2-1 on Ferrari before his accident.
    Ron Dennis bankrolled Hamilton since his karting years. Once Hamilton got into F1, Ron favoured the rookie from the get-go....demoralizing mentally from a 2x WDC like Alonso. I don't agree with the way Alonso handled the whole spy-gate debacle....but it is what it is.

What about Button vs Hamilton??

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

When Hamilton doesn't perform, his pace is awful so that doesn't make Bottas any better. He will still remain a slow driver. Hamilton holds the pole position record because of the car he drove for the last 4 years which was unbeatable. His performances before 2014 were quite average, the reality is when competition increases, Hamilton is nowhere to be found.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ron Dennis bankrolled Hamilton since his karting years. Once Hamilton got into F1, Ron favoured the rookie from the get-go....demoralizing mentally from a 2x WDC like Alonso. I don't agree with the way Alonso handled the whole spy-gate debacle....but it is what it is.

What about Button vs Hamilton??
    Exactly. It was Alonso v.s. McLaren and its golden boy.

Disappointed Since 2010

I dont want to see him n Ferrari while Seb is there.

He good, but lets face it, RBR lucked into SC coming out when it did. New softer tyres, compared to the front 2 or were past pitlane and couldnt change tyres so couldnt push or even defend on those old harder tyres. If Seb and Bottas couldnt of pitted, they would of been untouched. And with Max self imploding is also making Dan Ric look alot better.

I think, after China, Dan Ric has done a Perez from few years ago when he was at Sauber.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I dont want to see him n Ferrari while Seb is there.

He good, but lets face it, RBR lucked into SC coming out when it did. New softer tyres, compared to the front 2 or were past pitlane and couldnt change tyres so couldnt push or even defend on those old harder tyres. If Seb and Bottas couldnt of pitted, they would of been untouched. And with Max self imploding is also making Dan Ric look alot better.

I think, after China, Dan Ric has done a Perez from few years ago when he was at Sauber.

If he's really not that strong than Vettel doesn't have much to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    If he's really not that strong than Vettel doesn't have much to fear.
    I mean Vettel already said that he wouldn't mind having Ricciardo as his teammate again. I'm sure he wants to have another go at Ricciardo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I mean Vettel already said that he wouldn't mind having Ricciardo as his teammate again. I'm sure he wants to have another go at Ricciardo.
    Having someone like Lewis in Ferrari while Seb is driving for us , is only going to hurt the team.
    Lewis is toxic when he is not getting things his way.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

RIC is super constant, is not the best qualifier, but Is superb in overtaking, and as I said súper constant, would be a perfect 2nd at the side of Sebastian.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The chemistry within the team seems to be working. Don't rock the boat. As much as it hurts me to say, Kimi may be in his twilight but he is a good #2. Danny won't want to play second fiddle and we may end up with infighting. Not worth the risk, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    RIC is super constant, is not the best qualifier, but Is superb in overtaking, and as I said súper constant, would be a perfect 2nd at the side of Sebastian.

People forget he comfortably out qualified Vettel as team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    People forget he comfortably out qualified Vettel as team mates.
    Ricciardo qualified ahead of Seb on 11 different occasions.

Seb qualified ahead of Ricciardo on 8 different occasions.

It was actually quite close

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The chemistry within the team seems to be working. Don't rock the boat. As much as it hurts me to say, Kimi may be in his twilight but he is a good #2. Danny won't want to play second fiddle and we may end up with infighting. Not worth the risk, I say.
    So you want to keep Kimi until his 40s ?

Kimi is a filling that seat until someone better appear, that’s the case for RIC

RIC is not a mad teammate. Or a dirty one.
    Will go well with Seb.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

I love Kimi, and you can see he has lost none of his raw speed in qualifying. However, there's something that's not clicking with him during races where he loses ground without reason: one minute he's 3 seconds behind and the next he's 23 seconds behind! Usually after the first pitstop he loses his drive where I believe he just gets into a comfortable rhythm and does not push it beyond his slumber mode. Only if he gets a sniff, does he pull his finger out and puts in a drive that's equal to the best. He hasn't lost his outright speed; he has lost his consistent speed!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I love Kimi, and you can see he has lost none of his raw speed in qualifying. However, there's something that's not clicking with him during races where he loses ground without reason: one minute he's 3 seconds behind and the next he's 23 seconds behind! Usually after the first pitstop he loses his drive where I believe he just gets into a comfortable rhythm and does not push it beyond his slumber mode. Only if he gets a sniff, does he pull his finger out and puts in a drive that's equal to the best. He hasn't lost his outright speed; he has lost his consistent speed!
    Very true, Kimi is quick as Seb if not more comfortable with qualifying than Seb as Seb has to take multiple sessions to get setup right while Kimi is ace from the get go this year, it interests me when Kimi said there is no compromises between qualifying and race setup for him, maybe he goes all in for Quali setup so when it comes to the race he doesn't have a good race setup and can't do anything as soon as he gets out of drs range
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Oh man please no not Ricciardo at Ferrari. He has the most cringe worthy bogan Aussie fans.
    Plus he has said he doesn't feel Italian and doesn't like living in Italy anyway, he can go get to

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Oh man please no not Ricciardo at Ferrari. He has the most cringe worthy bogan Aussie fans.
    Plus he has said he doesn't feel Italian and doesn't like living in Italy anyway, he can go get to
    doesn't he live in Monte Carlo? i mean that's practically living in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    doesn't he live in Monte Carlo? i mean that's practically living in Italy.
    Well... That's practically not living in Italy

Giovanazzi needs to mary into Stools family and then buy a seat with Ferrari.

If it's true: Thank you for all the memories Champ! You will be missed - but I'm sure we'll see you in some sort of racing yet.

Time for LeMans 24 h with Toni Vilander, as promised :)

what a silly post!

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    what's with the personal stuff against Daniel? We know that he will be faster than Kimi and will be at least as fast as Vettel, if not faster. He stays clean in races by bringing home the car unmarked, which we cannot say that about Vettel who doesn't seem to know how to avoid trouble! He was lucky he never collided with Kimi at the start of the Chinese race by being over aggressive - and that's with his own team mate!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    what's with the personal stuff against Daniel? We know that he will be faster than Kimi and will be at least as fast as Vettel, if not faster. He stays clean in races by bringing home the car unmarked, which we cannot say that about Vettel who doesn't seem to know how to avoid trouble! He was lucky he never collided with Kimi at the start of the Chinese race by being over aggressive - and that's with his own team mate!
    He drives for Aus, and aus fans are the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Well... That's practically not living in Italy
    It may not be Italy but its as near as you can get.
    A lot of drivers live in Monaco apart from those who reside in Switzerland.

Forza Jules

What happened to all the huge Leclerc fans here, wishing him a seat ASAP with Ferrari? 2017 up until April 2018 all that went on here with regards to replacing Kimi was Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    What happened to all the huge Leclerc fans here, wishing him a seat ASAP with Ferrari? 2017 up until April 2018 all that went on here with regards to replacing Kimi was Leclerc.
    It's always the same when a new young hope appears in F1, only to find that's it's not that simple to impress without a competitive car and some practice! Give Charles some experience in F1 and hopefully both he and GIO will get a chance with the big team. But if RIC does come to the Scuderia, that may not happen for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's always the same when a new young hope appears in F1, only to find that's it's not that simple to impress without a competitive car and some practice! Give Charles some experience in F1 and hopefully both he and GIO will get a chance with the big team. But if RIC does come to the Scuderia, that may not happen for a while.
    I concur also I think it would be unfair to drum roll Charles into a team like Ferrari until he has proved himself in F1.............ok it will be hard to impress in Sauber but give the boy a chance.
    Look what happened to Perez at Macca & he was our most promising young driver at the academy...........that was too early in his career.
    Dan only wants a 2 year contract which would be just perfect. By then maybe Charles will have had a year at Haas as well. You never know maybe Gio will get his chance too.

Forza Jules

Meanwhile Williams went with two rookies and are not doing too good to say the least. I just can't accept 36 yrs. old as being retirement age in F1, after all , the job allows you to just sit and drive! No running up and down a field like most other sports. Or getting in a ring and punching each other out.

Good news. Ricciardo would give the team a good boost. Hes clean and very competitive. I would be happier if he beats seb.
    Kimi is driving well this year, but i dont think the team is allowing him to beat vettel. Guess it would make sense for the WCC, which we should easily get seeing as the car is better than the merc. At least in the initial races.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Meanwhile Williams went with two rookies and are not doing too good to say the least. I just can't accept 36 yrs. old as being retirement age in F1, after all , the job allows you to just sit and drive! No running up and down a field like most other sports. Or getting in a ring and punching each other out.
    Well Massa was constantly beaten by the supposedly 'very slow Bottas' and in the long run wasn't that much better than Lance Stroll.

F1 is quite demanding physically as well. What's even more crucial are those milliseconds that you lose in reflexes while aging. You can be a top driver in endurance races even even when over 40. That doesn't apply to F1. Schumi's performance against Rosberg was bit sad during the 3 years on Mercs for example. Some good results but no way he was the same guy who won the WDC's.

2018 is going to be a great swan song for Kimi, soon to be 39, though. The car fits him well. In it's current form it is probably the most comfortable Ferrari in his entire career including the WDC year in 2007. A pole and a single win would be great assuming it's doesn't affect Vettel's fight for championship.