Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardo leaves RBR for Renault

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Meanwhile Williams went with two rookies and are not doing too good to say the least. I just can't accept 36 yrs. old as being retirement age in F1, after all , the job allows you to just sit and drive! No running up and down a field like most other sports. Or getting in a ring and punching each other out.
    The G's the drivers are getting on their bodies are not to be laughed upon.
    After a certain age, driving an F1 car is too demanding.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Well Massa was constantly beaten by the supposedly 'very slow Bottas' and in the long run wasn't that much better than Lance Stroll.

F1 is quite demanding physically as well. What's even more crucial are those milliseconds that you lose in reflexes while aging. You can be a top driver in endurance races even even when over 40. That doesn't apply to F1. Schumi's performance against Rosberg was bit sad during the 3 years on Mercs for example. Some good results but no way he was the same guy who won the WDC's.

2018 is going to be a great swan song for Kimi, soon to be 39, though. The car fits him well. In it's current form it is probably the most comfortable Ferrari in his entire career including the WDC year in 2007. A pole and a single win would be great assuming it's doesn't affect Vettel's fight for championship.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Meanwhile Williams went with two rookies and are not doing too good to say the least. I just can't accept 36 yrs. old as being retirement age in F1, after all , the job allows you to just sit and drive! No running up and down a field like most other sports. Or getting in a ring and punching each other out.
    Have you seen their training regiment?? Their diet intake?? Do you realize how many lbs. or ltrs. of water are expelled from their bodies at certain "hot" tracks?? They have personal trainers to keep them in tip top shape.

Not to mention the G loads their bodies take as someone mentioned.

Button at the time, ran marathons or triathalons during his F1 career....still does and a hot babe to boot.

Well said! As long as it doesn't affect Vettel's fight for the championship! Now go tell that to Dan or anyone else besides a rookie like Antonio. Stay behind Seb! Williams IMO wanted to do all they could for Bottas to make him $$$$ marketable. If he was that good , why else would he have been sold to Merc? Massa in the#2 Merc would have done as well poss. better. As far as Shumy @ merc . He went there expecting another Rubenized #2 driver. And he would have retired "At Home" looking like he did @Ferrari. Leclerc for Kimi is all anyone here wanted before this season started.

What happened to all the huge Leclerc fans here, wishing him a seat ASAP with Ferrari? 2017 up until April 2018 all that went on here with regards to replacing Kimi was Leclerc.
    Personally, Sauber isn’t a good option for him to showcase his talent. Ferrari tried to get him in one of the haas car. But Mgene refused as their drivers contract is extended for a year.
    I want to see Leclerc in haas car, which is 4th best car on the grid which will give clear picture of his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    People forget he comfortably out qualified Vettel as team mates.
    Also vet had pre-contract with Ferrari & RB team was around DR young lad. They wanted to win championships with DR.
    But still vet gave his best in quali. He was always a better qualifier than race craft during RB days.

At Ferrari he became good racer. One thing seb needs to improve is he’s quite emotional on track. This is where Lewis played mind games last year over vettel

This year, vettel seems to be on top of it. Hope his dream of 5th WDC with Ferrari comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Have you seen their training regiment?? Their diet intake?? Do you realize how many lbs. or ltrs. of water are expelled from their bodies at certain "hot" tracks?? They have personal trainers to keep them in tip top shape.

Not to mention the G loads their bodies take as someone mentioned.

Button at the time, ran marathons or triathalons during his F1 career....still does and a hot babe to boot.
    I agree with you 100% , that's why I believe 36 yrs. is like 26 yrs. old for a F1 driver. Their in top shape including Massa. 40 sounds about right to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Also vet had pre-contract with Ferrari & RB team was around DR young lad. They wanted to win championships with DR.
    But still vet gave his best in quali. He was always a better qualifier than race craft during RB days.

At Ferrari he became good racer. One thing seb needs to improve is he’s quite emotional on track. This is where Lewis played mind games last year over vettel

This year, vettel seems to be on top of it. Hope his dream of 5th WDC with Ferrari comes true.
    Yes Go Seb , Go Ferrari! , go kimi! I hope Seb wins this Sunday lol that's all i want this weekend.

last race weekend shows to be humble all the time even if ferrari are 100 seconds faster than mercs as it can all go wrong so quick. Poor Seb
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

If Kimi does great to help Ferrari and Seb i wouldn't mind him staying. in fighting will only cause the team to desolve. Kimi and Seb are good together. Leclerc was at Maranello this weekend :) so he is the future for sure but maybe not next year, he himself says he has a lot to learn
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Leclerc at Sauber is great for his first year. If he can learn to drive a difficult car, he'll be awesome in a good car.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Leclerc at Sauber is great for his first year. If he can learn to drive a difficult car, he'll be awesome in a good car.
    He smoked everyone last year in testing: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-ferrari-debut

Exactly. Ferrari doesn't need Ricciardo if they have Leclerc. He's the future of our team and he's very mature for his age.

Disappointed Since 2010

Leclerc for Kimi is all anyone here wanted before this season started.
    Only for 2019, and I still do!

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    He smoked everyone last year in testing: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-ferrari-debut

Exactly. Ferrari doesn't need Ricciardo if they have Leclerc. He's the future of our team and he's very mature for his age.
    I still can't believe Dan or Leclerc want to or will sign that they will be #2 drivers, esp Leclerc, he's got so much going for him. He never had to "Move over, Let him pass !" in F2 and I'm sure as he moves up into the top 10 he won't want to be blessed as a #2 driver for his efforts in F1. Kimi is doing his job as #2 guy without too much grief. Does anyone think if he was blessed with the #1 status he would not be a #1 driver? For now he's relaxed where he is and still doing a good job . There's plenty of talent in his rear view mirror every race.

I still can't believe Dan or Leclerc want to or will sign that they will be #2 drivers, esp Leclerc, he's got so much going for him. He never had to "Move over, Let him pass !" in F2 and I'm sure as he moves up into the top 10 he won't want to be blessed as a #2 driver for his efforts in F1. Kimi is doing his job as #2 guy without too much grief. Does anyone think if he was blessed with the #1 status he would not be a #1 driver? For now he's relaxed where he is and still doing a good job . There's plenty of talent in his rear view mirror every race.
    I don’t think Kimi is a number 2 driver, not the like of Rubens anyway, or Massa on the Alonso Time. Ferrari are letting them
    Drive, the one which is ahead at the first corner is the number one for that race; at least until one is not a contender.

Whatever else anyone see in these races is having the same bias as the British media.

Ric denied having any type of contract with Ferrari. Pre or otherwise.

We should expect that, shouldn’t we ?

Ok so kimi says that he is free to fight for the championship... so why people here keep saying Kimi is assigned a number 2 ?

Link

http://scuderiafans.com/kimi-defends...y-fight-title/

When has Ferrari not had a #1, #2 driver ? Kimi is just a great driver and person, knowing there's no good reason to talk about his team in any sort of bad way. The check is in the mail! And he's with Ferrari !!! Every drivers dream. F1 is Ferrari and 2018 is Ferrari's year.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Ric denied having any type of contract with Ferrari. Pre or otherwise.
    Usually a sign that he has!!!.............so often in the past the more a driver denies he has a contract the more certain it really is.
    I think Charles needs a couple of years in a less pressurised atmosphere before he takes on the responsibility of being a ferrari driver.
    Too many young drivers enter the lion's den too soon and it can ruin what could have been a sensational career.
    Mick Schumacher seems to know how to play it!

Forza Jules

I would LOVE if Ric goes to Ferrari for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I would LOVE if Ric goes to Ferrari for 2019.
    Yup, I’d love that too mate
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Thank you but no thanks. Ricciardo is going to disrupt everything like Alonso did. People also seem to forget Ferrari's history with italian drivers. OK, Ricciardo isn't italian in his passport but he's as much italian as anyone can be without actually being one. Even Enzo himself was very hesitant to hire Alboreto in 1985 and only kept him for 1986 because he won twice in 1985. The following seasons both Johansson and Berger beat him easily. Remember Morbidelli, Capelli and Larini in the early 90s? I guess you don't. As for the earlier years, it's even worse with deaths being the worst. Anything "italian" inside a Ferrari usually ends in tears. There's just too much pressure from the media. Ascari being the exeption from the rule.

As for Massa, the only reason he lost the 2008 WDC was because of what happened in Singapore. That and Timo Glock being a in Brazil on the last lap.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    As for Massa, the only reason he lost the 2008 WDC was because of what happened in Singapore. That and Timo Glock being a in Brazil on the last lap.
    Glock had no chance on wet track on dry tyres. However Singapore feels like a travesty, it is confirmed as fixed race yet points count and Hamilton had six more than Felipe.

Kimi is driving his best season since rejoining Ferrari and finally looking like real Kimi. The speed is finally here, it's not like 2014-17 when he was constantly slower. And listening to Seb, he's happy with his own pace. The results are creeping in, if not for terrible Bahrain pitstop he would have been right there with Vettel and Hamilton. He arguably deserves an extension more than anywhere earlier. I think it's no coincidence there is good atmosphere now at Ferrari. As much as I admire and like Alonso, his personality was driving Ferrari down, he wasn't helping with his comments, similar with McLaren 2007 or 2017. Vettel gets angry at times but he never lambasts Ferrari like Alonso did or does now with McLaren/Honda. Ferrari lost Allison but Binotto took over and there is no problem. There is quiet confidence and even when something bad happens (like in Bahrain) no one cries publicly.

"Alonso: Baku GP comeback the best race I've ever had" - Meh. Again, I appreciate him, he drove fantastic race, but it's getting really boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Hungary last lap engine failure, and Massa made some mistakes as well so can't blame it all on one thing. Kimi was looking good for the title until Lewis rammed him at Canada and then binned it at Spa and Massa got the win from Lewis being given a penalty.
    Forza Ferrari

Kubica deserved the title most in 2008. He was in inferior car and stayed within touching distance until penultimate race in China. Both Massa and Hamilton made some stupid mistakes and had some great races.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Hungary last lap engine failure, and Massa made some mistakes as well so can't blame it all on one thing. Kimi was looking good for the title until Lewis rammed him at Canada and then binned it at Spa and Massa got the win from Lewis being given a penalty.
    Yes, Hungary also qualifies in the same category as Singapore and Brazil for Massa's missed WDC. Only one of these three occasions had to go Felipe's way and he would have won the title.

Now, Felipe Massa is almost "italian" as Ricciardo from his grand father and father's side. But as I said, it ended in tears. Also, Massa was never a disruptive force, quite the opposite. I still wonder to this what LdM would have done back in the day (with Alonso) if Massa had won in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Glock had no chance on wet track on dry tyres. However Singapore feels like a travesty, it is confirmed as fixed race yet points count and Hamilton had six more than Felipe.
    Well, Glock didn't actually make it hard on Lewis. Worst defending for points on the last lap that season. Had it been Max Verstappen they would have crashed, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    I don’t think Kimi is a number 2 driver, not the like of Rubens anyway, or Massa on the Alonso Time. Ferrari are letting them
    Drive, the one which is ahead at the first corner is the number one for that race; at least until one is not a contender.

Whatever else anyone see in these races is having the same bias as the British media.

Exactly.

Hey Brembo, do you think Ferrari is intentionally sabotaging Kimi like the ant-Ferrari crowd thinks?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Exactly.

Hey Brembo, do you think Ferrari is intentionally sabotaging Kimi like the ant-Ferrari crowd thinks?
    If they are; it's not working. Ferrari will always use team orders #1, $2 drivers, that dollar sign is there as the reminder , the check is in the mail. Winning pole and getting the lead at the start of the race should do it for a win. Ferrari sure as hell did not sabotage the wrong car? Seb messed up trying to be Max!! Kimi , one eye shut got the podium spot. If RB had team orders in place, maybe one of thier cars would have finished the race.
    I believe Max at the wheel of Seb's car, pole, ahead at the start, would have won the race. Kimi would have been there for him in the #2 spot, not like Dan did . Seb IMO is obsessed with being another Shumy , and wants Ferrari to treat him as such. Send him to RB and let him do his thing there, and get Max in red. Him driving , and the sight of him in a Ferrari will put the fear of God in the rest of the teams! BTW, Leclerc looks great so far!

If they are; it's not working. Ferrari will always use team orders #1, $2 drivers, that dollar sign is there as the reminder , the check is in the mail. Winning pole and getting the lead at the start of the race should do it for a win. Ferrari sure as hell did not sabotage the wrong car? Seb messed up trying to be Max!! Kimi , one eye shut got the podium spot. If RB had team orders in place, maybe one of thier cars would have finished the race.
    I believe Max at the wheel of Seb's car, pole, ahead at the start, would have won the race. Kimi would have been there for him in the #2 spot, not like Dan did . Seb IMO is obsessed with being another Shumy , and wants Ferrari to treat him as such. Send him to RB and let him do his thing there, and get Max in red. Him driving , and the sight of him in a Ferrari will put the fear of God in the rest of the teams! BTW, Leclerc looks great so far!
    I love the rare occasions when you write lucid responses, even if I don't agree.

I don't like Max's style at all. He's fast, but incredibly reckless and shows little sign of developing. My favorite driving style is that of Alonso's. Even in an inferior car, I always felt like a victory was a possibility when he was driving for us. He was fast, shrewd, and calculating.

Disappointed Since 2010