Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricciardo leaves RBR for Renault

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    It was Marco Mattiacci. Maurizio didn't come on board until 2015.
    Ok agreed that Maurizio didn't come on board till 2015 but you were defending Alonso & the fact that Mattiacci hadn't provided him with the car to win. I am referring to Maurizio's take on the situation. Maybe he was more aware of what was going on. I saw Mattiacci as a trifle weak maybe.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Ok agreed that Maurizio didn't come on board till 2015 but you were defending Alonso & the fact that Mattiacci hadn't provided him with the car to win. I am referring to Maurizio's take on the situation. Maybe he was more aware of what was going on. I saw Mattiacci as a trifle weak maybe.
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think Arrivabene had any contact with Alonso or commented on anything Alonso said or did between 2010 and 2014. He and Vettel were bought on board at the same time. Like I said earlier, the team was really in shambles in 2014. The car was terrible and winless, Massa was out, Domemicali was out, and Luca was quitting at the end of the season. I think there were also several other key players who were fired and/or left.

I don't really know what to think of Mattiacci. At the time, I couldn't believe he said he didn't care about Alonso when Alonso was the only part of the team that was performing. On the other hand, he managed to secure Vettel as his replacement. Mattiacci deserves more credit if Alonso was as much of a pain in the ass as some here say. That said, Alonso wanted out anyway, so it's not like he had to work some wizardry to get him out.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 6th May 2018 at 00:25.

Disappointed Since 2010

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Arrivabene had any contact with Alonso
    Arrivabene was very much involved through Alonso years. (Less said about Marlboro sponsoring Alonso's career as a promising kart driver the better).

Quote from Wikipedia: "Through his work with Philip Morris, he became involved with the company's sponsorship (through the Marlboro brand) of the Ferrari team, and sat on the Formula One Commission as a representative for all the sport's sponsors from 2010."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurizio_Arrivabene

arrivabene.jpg
    Last edited by Lega Verde; 6th May 2018 at 14:07.

I'm so glad Ferrari have seb and not alonso
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

When Kimi decides to leave Hopefully not this year. leclerc will is ready , best duo, master legend seb & prodigy genius Leclerc
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    When Kimi decides to leave Hopefully not this year. leclerc will is ready , best duo, master legend seb & prodigy genius Leclerc
    Until master legend Seb can get a win after getting a pole, Ferrari and their fans need Kimi to keep getting on the podium until Seb can make a legendary come back, hopefully soon. Leclerc when ready, having to move over for Seb!

Yes ! Our Kimi the King of Friday, could start qualifying higher on saturdays too and helping Vet getting the win ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I'm a big fan of Dan and always wanted him in red. Somehow his jovial personality, Italian roots, not to forget he's one of the fastest drivers on the track, made him look tailor made for the seat.
    I have read a few posts which have helped me to have a rethink.
    Since Alesi and Berger Ferrari have always had a no1 and no2 driver. The problem is getting an experienced driver to accept the no2 role is nigh impossible.
    It rules out Dan, Sergio, Carlos et al. So we are left with an inexperienced young driver who would be happy to spend his first years as a no2 while he learns and hones his craft.
    Now I also have a problem with that because I think it's unfair to put a young driver in the lion's den (Italian media) where he will be constantly criticized and blamed for any mistake he may get involved in.

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons I believe Max went to RB far too early and needed to drive for a mid field team for a little longer...............I would include Hamilton here.
    I am so glad Charles is getting that opportunity and would like to see him get 2 years in midfield .
    So maybe if Kimi is willing we should keep him for another year!!!!
    It's just my opinion.
    I second ypur reading of the situation emphatically and hope Kimi gets a win or two this year! "Giggles" Ricciardo has some growing up to do and it's a cinch he won't learn that being Vercrashen's teammate and RB allowing free-for-alls between their drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    Arrivabene was very much involved through Alonso years. (Less said about Marlboro sponsoring Alonso's career as a promising kart driver the better).

Quote from Wikipedia: "Through his work with Philip Morris, he became involved with the company's sponsorship (through the Marlboro brand) of the Ferrari team, and sat on the Formula One Commission as a representative for all the sport's sponsors from 2010."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurizio_Arrivabene

arrivabene.jpg
    I know about his work with Philip Morris and being in charge of their sponsorship of Ferrari, but do you really think he had any direct interaction with or influence over the Alonso situation? It appears Alonso already had one foot out the door.

Disappointed Since 2010

Anyway, if Kimi is able to finish right behind Vettel, or less likely, in front of him in the championship, I think he deserves to be retained for the '19 season. Chemistry appears to be good, so why mess with it? Again, if Il Presidente wants him out at the end of this season, move Leclerc in. Based on what we have seen thus far, I believe he would be ready by the end of the season.

It should have been Bianchi/Leclerc at Ferrari at some point...

Disappointed Since 2010

Anyway, if Kimi is able to finish right behind Vettel, or less likely, in front of him in the championship, I think he deserves to be retained for the '19 season. Chemistry appears to be good, so why mess with it? Again, if Il Presidente wants him out at the end of this season, move Leclerc in. Based on what we have seen thus far, I believe he would be ready by the end of the season.

My only worry is, Ricciardo is gonna be free at the end of the year, not the next one, if we take him has to be for 2019. I’m absolutely sure Leclerc or Giovanazzi will not be ready for next year. And Kimi is not getting younger; 39 - 40 next year, is just too much in my humble opinion.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

The only way not to be a number 2 ina team is to out perform the number 1 you need to really take your opportunities because they are limited put your stamp down hard other wise n2 come and go the trick they want you to perform like the n1 driver but in a silent non commenting manner should you win races.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The only way not to be a number 2 ina team is to out perform the number 1 you need to really take your opportunities because they are limited put your stamp down hard other wise n2 come and go the trick they want you to perform like the n1 driver but in a silent non commenting manner should you win races.
    Finishing ahead of the #1 guy who had pole is a #1 qualifying move for sure .A sure stamp of approval! Kimi is taking limited opp. better than the current #1 driver. BTW @ 65yrs. old retirement age, he looks just as healthy as the other drivers on the podium and he drinks most of the champagne!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    My only worry is, Ricciardo is gonna be free at the end of the year, not the next one, if we take him has to be for 2019. I’m absolutely sure Leclerc or Giovanazzi will not be ready for next year. And Kimi is not getting younger; 39 - 40 next year, is just too much in my humble opinion.

Why don't you think Leclerc would be ready? Red Bull bumped up Verstappen quickly, and Leclerc is every bit as fast and far more mature.

Disappointed Since 2010

Would love to see Charles in a Ferrari, but I believe its maybe to soon. He needs to keep up the great work done in Baku. If Ferrari are keen to replace Kimi next year, Ricciardo is the only solution. If Kimi is to be retained, Charles has the opportunity to prove he is ready to drive for Ferrari. Maybe a year in a better car than Sauber(Haas or equal) , would be a great way to build a career up to Ferrari. As for replacing Kimi, it depends on how the season goes. But if it aint broke dont fix it, we have arrived as a genuine championship contender, with harmony in the team and hard work. Ferrari have improved the most out of all the top 3 teams in the last years, and i believe everyone had something to do with it, including Kimi.

Why don't you think Leclerc would be ready? Red Bull bumped up Verstappen quickly, and Leclerc is every bit as fast and far more mature.
    Yeah RB bumped Max up too early and made a monster out of him!
    Maybe a bump down again like they done to Kvyak would be the best they could do for him right now.
    The boy has no respect for his fellow drivers imo

There again Charles has the benefit of being more mature and modest for his years.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Until master legend Seb can get a win after getting a pole, Ferrari and their fans need Kimi to keep getting on the podium until Seb can make a legendary come back, hopefully soon. Leclerc when ready, having to move over for Seb!
    kimi is cool, but yeah bad strategy calls and badluck have really hurt poor seb just like kimi, fortunately for kimi the team and his own blunders sometimes work in his favor like baku and china, i want kimi to stay through 2019. Leclerc is super cool with seb already and im sure would take the mature role in learning with ferrari as no2 preparing for when his no.1 at ferrari after seb retires lol fantasy sure but it could happen.

Unlike max who sees collision as a victory i hope Leclerc builds maturity before getting a hot seat at ferrari

A hot seat meaning , Don't even think about passing Seb, you are #2 [literally!] It looked like RB's two drivers not Max saw collision as victory. Drivers need to race to win besides getting paid.

Daniel Ricciardo to join Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Daniel Ricciardo to join Renault.
    Sainz to RB. News circulating in twitter. Don’t know Abt DR joining Renault.

Italian media saying, kimi gonna be replaced with DR

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Italian media saying, kimi gonna be replaced with DR
    Renault just confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Renault just confirmed.
    So Sainz and DR make the swap... I guess DR doesn't want to flounder with a Honda engine. Since he didn't go to Ferrari, once can only assume Kimi is staying for 2019 unless they give the seat to CL.

Ricciardo having a pre contract with Ferrari - Hughes

Leaving Red Bull for a worse team like Renault means that Red Bull replaced him and not ric left them....very weird decision for Red Bull to replace its second driver with someone worse. Maybe it’s because that sainz like Alonso has strong sponsors and money talks!

Surprised!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Surprised!!!!
    I’m more surprised not for his move out of RB but going to Renault.
    Although it is 1 year deal I think.

Renault confirms Ricciardo will partner Hulkenberg in 2019

Daniel Ricciardo's shock move to the Renault Formula 1 team for 2019 has been confirmed.

The Australian's departure from Red Bull was announced by his current employer on Friday afternoon, as it emerged that Ricciardo had signed terms with Renault.

Red Bull's announcement has now been followed by Renault welcoming the seven-time grand prix winner to the team with a two-year deal.

Ricciardo will partner Nico Hulkenberg at the team, meaning Carlos Sainz will leave the French squad.

"It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far," said Ricciardo. "But I thought that it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge.

"I realise that there is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years, and I know that each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track."

Renault's F1 boss Cyril Abiteboul said: "Daniel's signing underscores our determination to accelerate our progress towards the forefront of the sport. It is also a recognition of the work accomplished over the past two and a half seasons.

"Daniel's undoubted talent and charisma are a huge bonus and statement for the team. We will have to repay his faith in us by delivering the best car possible. We welcome him to our growing team in 2019 with a great deal of pride, but also humility."

Ricciardo's move away has come as a major surprise given he and Red Bull had indicated a new deal was a formality and earlier this week suggested it was just a matter of fine-tuning small details.

It follows a weekend in which Red Bull's Max Verstappen retired from the grand prix with another Renault reliability problem and team boss Christian Horner lashed out at its engine supplier.

Ricciardo had spoken earlier this year of losing faith that Red Bull's situation with Renault would improve enough to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari.

However, he has now been convinced by Renault that it is a better option than Red Bull.

He is a major coup for Renault, which had been in negotiations with Mercedes and Esteban Ocon to take the Frenchman on loan, while also speaking to current driver Carlos Sainz about extending his stay.

Instead, Ricciardo will join to partner Hulkenberg, with Sainz now free to push to replace Ricciardo at Red Bull or find refuge at Toro Rosso or another team.

Ocon and Mercedes will likely have to wait to see what happens to Force India, which is in administration and trying to find a buyer, before it establishes where the highly-rated youngster races in 2019.

This could also impact the options available to Mercedes' other junior driver George Russell, who is leading the Formula 2 title fight and making a strong case to step up to F1 next year

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...-bull/3153206/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I’m more surprised not for his move out of RB but going to Renault.
    Although it is 1 year deal I think.

Anyone want to make predictions???? Sainz, Ocon, etc, etc.

- RedBull more than likely offered him a lesser deal than Max.

- Ricciardo believes the Honda unit won't deliver at RedBull hence the "lateral" move to Renault.

- Ferrari and Mercedes are out of the equation definitely.