Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

speed traps for q3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kimi was struggling to put a lap from Q2 when SS were on.
    Now this has kept vettel in vulnerable position to mercs. 2 mercs against 1 Ferrari.
    Pit strategy will be crucial tomorrow.

Kimi has fastest tyre at the start & would give superior grip in 1st stint. He should clear mad max & ric at start then attack mercs. That’s the only hope.

Difference between SS & US????
    I am not sure but 0.6...did see that somewhere

The good thing is between Seb and Mad max there is quite a gap and drivers in between. I think the Red Bulls will attack the Mercs off the grid. Seb just needs a clean start

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    It is going to be a really,really,really hard race to win...
    why, please do explain
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Kimi was struggling to put a lap from Q2 when SS were on.
    Now this has kept vettel in vulnerable position to mercs. 2 mercs against 1 Ferrari.
    Pit strategy will be crucial tomorrow.

Kimi has fastest tyre at the start & would give superior grip in 1st stint. He should clear mad max & ric at start then attack mercs. That’s the only hope.

Difference between SS & US????
    I think its 0.3~0.4 if i remember
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    It is going to be a really,really,really hard race to win...
    Why so?

Of course we could be screwed by SC tomorrow, but from a performance point of view, I think we have a good chance of winning this.

i hope Kimi gets a good strategy tomorrow and good start as well considering he’s starting wih the softer ultras. maybe he can trouble the 4 guys before him at the start.. an early pit for Kimi may compromise the pit strategies of Mercs and the Bulls as well..

good P1 for Seb! 3rd in a row.. hope this shuts up the negative guys here at TSN that pole is not yet set until Q3 is finished. it’s getting annoying really..

I think Kimi was on course for pole without that mistake at T15, which would have given advantage for him even though he’s starts on US. But he’s on disadvantage side. Hope SC & good strategy help him

Kimi with DRS tomorrow, no problem to overtake

I think Ferrari will have to beat Mercs in the tyre strategy department, simples.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    But if kimi qualified higher, he could have disrupted the Mercs
    YES!!! Kimi loses places on the start and the US tyre could'v helped him remain station now he has crashstappen next to him, while seb has hamilton and bottas to deal with who are going to do a (melbourne - what ferrari did and wait for the SC)
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I think its 0.3~0.4 if i remember
    So Kimi should do longer on US 1st stint. He should clear RB’s & mercs in first 3-5Laps. Then he can have some buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think Ferrari will have to beat Mercs in the tyre strategy department, simples.
    this 100% , whoever lucks out tyre strategy that benefits from SC and VSC will win

Leclerc did amazing today, what an amazing prodigy, ferrari have in the wings

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am not sure but 0.6...did see that somewhere
    Ohhh if that’s the case he would be at defensive in final stint.

I just hope RBR don't luck into another SC win, that would be too much.

So Kimi should do longer on US 1st stint. He should clear RB’s & mercs in first 3-5Laps. Then he can have some buffer
    Im hoping that so bad!, and he needs to play a factor against double mercs or else mercs will beat seb by doing an over and undercutting on him.

Kimi ....isn't an overtaker .... so i don't know if he can do whats needed who is 7th? F.I looked mighty if its them

Ferrari need to cover both the undercut and overcut tomorrow, seb just needs to nail the first few laps and create a buffer like his RB days, the Merc does not like following in dirty air

Im hoping that so bad!, and he needs to play a factor against double mercs or else mercs will beat seb by doing an over and undercutting on him.

Kimi ....isn't an overtaker .... so i don't know if he can do whats needed who is 7th? F.I looked mighty if its them
    I also think Kimi will have a though time, will be hard to overtake and FI are mighty in S3 so.. he won't be able to pull a gip the first couple of laps..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Ferrari need to cover both the undercut and overcut tomorrow, seb just needs to nail the first few laps and create a buffer
    Agree! Seb just needs to push 100% every lap, no saving tyres. Even if he pits first, it will reasonably only be by 1-5 laps which isn’t enough to make a difference at the end of the race. We need this one! Forza Ferrari.

Ferrari need to cover both the undercut and overcut tomorrow, seb just needs to nail the first few laps and create a buffer
    That's not possible.. even if he can create a good gap, let's say 5s.. if Merc decide to pit one car, Seb will have to react, which leaves the other MErc in the lead, waiting for a SC (which will come)..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

ham flat spotted his race tyre.... he might pit early.

Ok...so...
    We have Seb and Hamilton on the front row....if Seb couldn't keep up on the start then......we have a really huge problem.
    Also Bottas is on P3 and he can also be a threat..(Remember his starts on Bahrain and China)
    Then we have the HUGE strategy problem....Baku is a really easy track for undercuts....
    +There is no way we will not see a SC

Fingers crossed Mad Max takes out a Merc or two. ��

I think with a perfect lap the gap to the Mercedes would be around 0,4s on this track in qualy. Its amazing as last year we were 1,2s down on Mercedes here. Ferrari had done an awesome job with the car really. Strategy will have to be perfect tomorrow, hope Kimi with US will pass RBR cars on the start already. Its gonna be hard, dont know what to expect really, will see.

Happy day for me, but the race is tomorrow. I really feel bad for Kimi as we had 1-2 in the bag.

Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    ham flat spotted his race tyre.... he might pit early.
    let's hope so.....one thing is for sure, Seb will be vulnerable as there are TWO mercs behind him who can undercut or overcut him....

long race so lets hope we'll turn up the favorites tomorrow
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    paint the mercs red and he probably will

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Lol

Ocon 7th and Perez 8th

We have a fastest car and with US and DRS, they do not have a chance in that long straight...is it 1.7 km long or what