Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 459

Thread: 2018 Baku GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    So, how are the things going for us?
    Good but not great. Kimi looks on top, vet yet to find that sweet spot

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    So, how are the things going for us?
    usual friday practice Stefa....i'm sure ferrari will look at the data, compare it and set up the car for quali and race teh best possible way so we get POLE tomorrw.....i have faith in US
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Ham on softs : 1.48.0

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Mercs doesn’t seem to be right there, they are struggling little bit.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,135
    Looks like ferrari and RB are close...... really don't know what's going on with merc. Last year they were a second faster !

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    347
    Vettel barely reached 310 down the straight and Ricciardo was almost at 330. The Ferraris have their engines turned down a lot. On qualy simulation I think RBR must be running on fumes. Ferrari, Mercedes saving the engine, I just dont get it why the RBR is always having to push so hard in practice. It cost them in the race. We need to focus on ourselfes, we are on identical pace with RBR, look at Kimi. Still we need to find a better setup, but Sebs car on race simulation was very stable in the corners, which is good. We used to find a lot of time from FP2 to Fp3, hope the same will happen now. Will see. Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Vettel barely reached 310 down the straight and Ricciardo was almost at 330. The Ferraris have their engines turned down a lot. On qualy simulation I think RBR must be running on fumes. Ferrari, Mercedes saving the engine, I just dont get it why the RBR is always having to push so hard in practice. It cost them in the race. We need to focus on ourselfes, we are on identical pace with RBR, look at Kimi. Still we need to find a better setup, but Sebs car on race simulation was very stable in the corners, which is good. We used to find a lot of time from FP2 to Fp3, hope the same will happen now. Will see. Forza Ferrari, Vettel, Kimi.
    RB is focusing on race wins on hard push. Penalty is inevitable for them, they know it.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Looks like ferrari and RB are close...... really don't know what's going on with merc. Last year they were a second faster !
    Its the tyres. And what Lauda said today that Ferrari is having a better engine slightly than Mercedes, that was their key advantage in turbo era.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    Crofty said Long run pace wise Max and Kimi are in the 1:47:5 Ricc and Seb 1:47:7 and the Mercs 1:48s

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Good fp2 for Kimi. He’s right up there in this season. He needs to pick up his race pace a bit.
    Vet needs to find right balance & get on top of the car. I feel he will come hard tmrw. Similar to last year, where he struggled similarly.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Crofty said Long run pace wise Max and Kimi are in the 1:47:5 Ricc and Seb 1:47:7 and the Mercs 1:48s
    We have quali edge over RB. So start & managing race pace is imp for Ferrari.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    I really think Merc have the 3rd fastest car this season their party mode is bailing them out alot in quali

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I really think Merc have the 3rd fastest car this season their party mode is bailing them out alot in quali
    Yup, their rear tyres dropping out & sliding around corners on US

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I really think Merc have the 3rd fastest car this season their party mode is bailing them out alot in quali
    RBR was just lucky in China. Order is Ferrari, Mercs and then RBR.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    The Mercs well off in the long runs Hamilton 1:48:7 and Bottas 1:48:8 a second off the Ferrari's and Red Bulls

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Thessaloniki,GR
    Posts
    61
    I don't know guys....I'm not very pleased with our performance to be honest.
    FP3 is key for Ferrari.
    In FP3 we will know if we have any chances at all

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    RBR was just lucky in China. Order is Ferrari, Mercs and then RBR.
    yeah, i don't think Mercs would be leading WCC with 3rd fastest car.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    Kimi said Ferrari were changing the set up in FP1 and had zero issues

  19. #109
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    347
    I dont why but I am optimistic for this weekend.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Tmrw temp would be cooler. Let’s c

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    5,881
    Seb really struggles with this car. Feel bad for him. Grateful to see luck at melbourne. but i dont know seems really bad. Kimi is good i guess so that's a positive i guess. S2 rb are killing it . That tow from ham really helped kimi put a decent time.

    Hoping now antonio and kvyat can help get the car better for seb tomorrow o man.
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    5,881
    Ferrari shouldv taken one set extra of alternate tyres. Ss and S look so much better and last much longer
    Singapore 2017 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, Addressing the problems and finding innovative solutions does!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  23. #113
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    347
    Mercedes with Hamilton, Bottas might strike back soon, but I have a strange feeling. When JA was at Ferrari we also suffered from tyre issues, wonder if his car designs this season has attributed this trait even further for Mercedes this time.

  24. #114
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Tmrw temp would be cooler. Let’s c
    cooler adn high winds....same for race day on sunday
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  25. #115
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Seb really struggles with this car. Feel bad for him. Grateful to see luck at melbourne. but i dont know seems really bad. Kimi is good i guess so that's a positive i guess. S2 rb are killing it . That tow from ham really helped kimi put a decent time.

    Hoping now antonio and kvyat can help get the car better for seb tomorrow o man.
    OR, if all fails, we'll do the TOW thing again like we used to do with Fonzo when he was at Ferrari at Monza race.....lol
    that should give us a few extra tenths to grab POLE
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  26. #116
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    120
    If Mercs are struggling this much on the soft compounds imagine what the hypersofts will do to them. They never tested those tyres.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Mercedes with Hamilton, Bottas might strike back soon, but I have a strange feeling. When JA was at Ferrari we also suffered from tyre issues, wonder if his car designs this season has attributed this trait even further for Mercedes this time.
    ha, ha....maybe Ferrari gave him a HUGE pay and sent him to Merc to mess up their design and END their dominance.....we will NEVER know mate
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  28. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ferrari shouldv taken one set extra of alternate tyres. Ss and S look so much better and last much longer
    Everyone will be on the same line after quali. No worries.
    Also seb will come hard, don’t worry.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Seb really struggles with this car. Feel bad for him. Grateful to see luck at melbourne. but i dont know seems really bad. Kimi is good i guess so that's a positive i guess. S2 rb are killing it . That tow from ham really helped kimi put a decent time.

    Hoping now antonio and kvyat can help get the car better for seb tomorrow o man.
    No problem for Seb. He will copy Kimi's settings and use the 3rd paddle to beat him in q3.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Mercedes with Hamilton, Bottas might strike back soon, but I have a strange feeling. When JA was at Ferrari we also suffered from tyre issues, wonder if his car designs this season has attributed this trait even further for Mercedes this time.
    Merc have always had tyre problems but in recent years their massive power advantage made up for it now that they have competition it been exposed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •