Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    paint the mercs red and he probably will
    he is a bull after all! seriously he only ruins ferrari
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    That's not possible.. even if he can create a good gap, let's say 5s.. if Merc decide to pit one car, Seb will have to react, which leaves the other MErc in the lead, waiting for a SC (which will come)..
    If the safety car does not come then the race will be ruined if they leave the second merc out

Also, believe it or not Kimi may be in the best position.

If he gets an early VSC he can pit and stick the SS or softs and run to the end. The others will not be able to as they would need to switch to the Ultra soft which will nt go to the end

3 poles in a row prove we have atleast equal the Mercs in terms of one lap performance. We have negated their party mode with our party pooper mode

I hope this will make the doom and gloom fans shut up with their negative comments for a change..... or not since they have ways of finding fault even in victory

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    If the safety car does not come then the race will be ruined if they leave the second merc out

Also, believe it or not Kimi may be in the best position.

If he gets an early VSC he can pit and stick the SS or softs and run to the end. The others will not be able to as they would need to switch to the Ultra soft which will nt go to the end
    why would they need to switch to US?? Then can just as wel pit and take S
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

So tell me, Where are the negative ney sayers on here hey!!!

What did I tell you yesterday that at least 1 Ferrari would be on pole ?????.....

My point here is.......Stop posting c#ap on here like some of you guys did yesterday and previous GP weekends!!.............Its getting long in the tooth

Enjoy the race tomorrow
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    why would they need to switch to US?? Then can just as wel pit and take S
    Sorry you are right, that would be the other option.

Kimi needs to overtake atleast one RB at the start. The RB will be as quick in sector 2.

Our best hope will be to stay in the lead at the start with a perfect timed SC that will eliminate different timed pit stops..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

If you look at last years race, Seb and HAM pitted at first SC.. But after that, if you look at the restart, the 2FI and Massa were all over Vettel on the long straight.. It will be though.. Also RIC with his master braking skills.. Hope for a Ferrari win, but it"s going to be super though

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    So tell me, Where are the negative ney sayers on here hey!!!

What did I tell you yesterday that at least 1 Ferrari would be on pole ?????.....

My point here is.......Stop posting c#ap on here like some of you guys did yesterday and previous GP weekends!!.............Its getting long in the tooth

Enjoy the race tomorrow
    Well, there can only be one Ferrari on pole...but I know what you meant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Fingers crossed Mad Max takes out a Merc or two. ��

This will be the hardest race to win so far. The long straight and DRS will be tough to defend against.

Seb needs to pull of two laps at he start like he did at Red Bull. Be 2 seconds ahead and out of DRS range. Then manage things as they come.

Seb should drive his own race, no need to react to any undercuts. If SC is coming out it may be good or bad for Seb, depending at what stage the race is. But this is unpredictable and most of the times hardly anything could be done to counter this.

Best for Kimi if SC comes out at lap 6-7 so he can change tires with least time lost

1) seb needs perfect start & manage the race
    2) Kimi needs a perfect start atleast should take RBs & then In few laps mercs.
    3) mercs are running with less wing means low DF, which will effect their tyre performance on US. + ham had lock up & flat spotted his SS tyres. He would be vulnerable.

Hopefully this time around Charlie doesn't send out a possible SC after Seb has passed the pit entry like in China. That was a clear case of race manipulation in my book. I also hope the team doesn't come out with another hopeless strategy for Kimi. Seb's wasn't best either as Bottas jumped him in the pits.

I think the Merc engine is a backwards step on last year, I think they sacrificed performance for reliability

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/28/...han-last-year/

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1) seb needs perfect start & manage the race
    2) Kimi needs a perfect start atleast should take RBs & then In few laps mercs.
    3) mercs are running with less wing means low DF, which will effect their tyre performance on US. + ham had lock up & flat spotted his SS tyres. He would be vulnerable.
    Why should mercs use US?

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I think the Merc engine is a backwards step on last year, I think they sacrificed performance for reliability

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/28/...han-last-year/
    Keep in mind the Baku race is earlier compared to last year meaning the weather was colder. Otherwise teams are are trying to save their engines which is why the pole lap was slower.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Is it possible that the lower-track temperatures should play into the hands of cars tomorrow who have a more high-downforce setup like we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Keep in mind the Baku race is earlier compared to last year meaning the weather was colder. Otherwise teams are are trying to save their engines which is why the pole lap was slower.
    Pole lap is slower, the trend is Ferrari engines cars are all faster then last year, all Merc powered cars slower then they were last year
    Last edited by mizf1; 28th April 2018 at 15:23.

Merc's are gonna go for the 1 stopper....ending in mediums (white); VSC/SC contingent. Looking at some photos from all the cars using SS & US, heavy graining on the tyres. Merc's still eat their tyres....ending on softs (yellow) will be way too risky for them W/O a VSC/SC.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Merc's are gonna go for the 1 stopper....ending in mediums (white); VSC/SC contingent. Looking at some photos from all the cars using SS & US, heavy graining on the tyres. Merc's still eat their tyres....ending on softs (yellow) will be way too risky for them W/O a VSC/SC.
    No mediums. Only US/SS/S

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    No mediums. Only US/SS/S
    softs then...forgot about that.

meanwhile

Raikkonen admits Baku F1 qualifying error his own , and adds: "I can only look in the mirror. It's painful":
    Last edited by Rob; 28th April 2018 at 20:03.

"Ferrari have been so dominant in the last couple of races pace-wise" - Hamilton's words after qualifying. Is this the same team that was suggesting great battles between Red Bull and Ferrari in 2015-16, where they were 1s clear? Now his is crying when Ferrari is 0.1 or 0.2 seconds in front and level in the race.

Very disappointed with Kimi's performance today, litany of errors, forcing him onto US and losing PP. Good job by Vettel though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    softs then...forgot about that.

meanwhile

Raikkonen admits Baku F1 qualifying error his own , and adds: "I can only look in the mirror. It's painful":
    I feel sorry for Kimi. But the race is tomorrow.

Kimi was the quickest in sector 2 so I wonder having a LWB didn't really hurt us. So I guess we shouldnt have to worry too much about monaco, Hungary and Singapore .
    Last edited by Rob; 28th April 2018 at 20:03.

Monaco is going to be interesting, I think RBR will be the team to beat there.. it seems to me RBR have a very good car, also Renault has improved a lot,but I think a lot is due to the fact RBR is capable of generating a lot of downforce, without beeing to draggy (as opposed to McLaren)

I am surprised some people play down Red Bull chances for the championship. They are as fast as anyone in the race and their development is fantastic. Very big threat.

keep in mind guys that Kimi will be the first to pit of the top 6... he can come into play to disrupt the mercs when they come out of their first pit stops...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I am surprised some people play down Red Bull chances for the championship. They are as fast as anyone in the race and their development is fantastic. Very big threat.
    Agree 100%