Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516

Thread: 2018 Baku GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yesterday the restart cost the leader in F2, cars couldn't turn into turn 1 and a lot was slipstreamed passed as well, getting the heat and energy into tyres after slow down will be huge factor. Max said Starting on US with a huge fuel load is going to cause massive deg on this circuit or something like that, i hope Ferrari pitwall is awake and ready to give Kimi the best strategy here.
    I don't think there is such a thing as the best strategy here.. For Kimi, main thing will be that he can keep up with the pack in front (RBR, MERC, Seb) and not get overtaken or tangeld up in a battle with FI.. If he can stay with them, that's good (not ideal). He could then pit, and go to soft , but he will be in traffic.. If he can do some good laps he might jump some cars in frontwhen they pit, BUT (!) if they pit under VSC/SC than it won't happen and the other cars will have fresh tyres and will be able to overtake him on that huge straight.. So I don't think it's going to work..
    That means that perhaps the best thing to do is to try and extend the first stint as long as possible (like the ones on SS) just in case of SC.. IF there is a safety car in the first 6 laps or so, I doubt top 5 (starters) will pit because that will put them probably on a 2 stopper, then Kimi ofcourse has to pit and risk it..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

"The wind was a joke! The crosswind..." says @GeorgeRussell63.

"Yeah it was scary at times!" agrees @nyckdevries.
    F2 race just completed, very bad winds still there. supposed to die down later in the evening
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I don't think there is such a thing as the best strategy here.. For Kimi, main thing will be that he can keep up with the pack in front (RBR, MERC, Seb) and not get overtaken or tangeld up in a battle with FI.. If he can stay with them, that's good (not ideal). He could then pit, and go to soft , but he will be in traffic.. If he can do some good laps he might jump some cars in frontwhen they pit, BUT (!) if they pit under VSC/SC than it won't happen and the other cars will have fresh tyres and will be able to overtake him on that huge straight.. So I don't think it's going to work..
    That means that perhaps the best thing to do is to try and extend the first stint as long as possible (like the ones on SS) just in case of SC.. IF there is a safety car in the first 6 laps or so, I doubt top 5 (starters) will pit because that will put them probably on a 2 stopper, then Kimi ofcourse has to pit and risk it..
    If only Kimi was backing Seb as P2 :( we could risk the long first stint, because RB and Bot has nothing to lose and will try Pitting early to take the risk
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Wtever it is, all top6 have the chance to win this race. One side I’m excited how F1 is shaping up & On other side I’m feeling
    Nervous can vettel manage pole position to win.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we're talking about kimi here.....he sleeps most of the reaces, remember?? he only wakes up near the end or 15 laps to go....lol
    lol maybe today will be different, he was on the ball from FP1. just a little positivity
    I hear F2 winner started from 12th! ooo boy its going to be a loooooooooong race

Please let it be a boring and uneventful race ����

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we're talking about kimi here.....he sleeps most of the reaces, remember?? he only wakes up near the end or 15 laps to go....lol
    Kimi wakes up and gets on the podiums . Seb and all the other drivers behind Kimi should try dosing off during the race too.

Our starts haven't been that good this seasons.. BOT has been doing some good starts.. We can't predict anything, but I just have a bad feeling
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I hear F2 winner started from 12th! ooo boy its going to be a loooooooooong race
    OMG Charles could win then.
    It sounds bizarre but wouldn't it be great for Sauber and Charles' stock.

Forza Jules