Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Can we just remember how Red Bull were supposedly the "fastest car".
    They were super quick.. They just had battery issues the first part of the first stint.. After that they were flying
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s been 2 races vet off the podium
    true, and 2 races Kimi on the podium.

It’s been 2 races vet off the podium
    i know....whats' the poor guy have to do to get some GOOD luck....he's been flawless all weekend, perfect start, controlled the race......almost had the WIN in the bag.....then Mad Max came along and ruined it ALL FOR US......damn you Max....u NEVER learn
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Pirelli Baku Pit Stops.....

Vettel went 30 laps on the SS

Daniel Ricciardo went 37 laps on the SS

Max went 38 laps on the SS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db9prhAW0AEmq8E.jpg:large

Vet needs a win badly at the next race.
    i felt he needed to win today really. I just hope the momentum isn't swinging towards Mercs.

Ocon- "What do we want to tell Kimi? He doesn't talk. He's not in the position he should be with a Ferrari He made a mistake yesterday, he made another one today,"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Pirelli Baku Pit Stops.....

Vettel went 30 laps on the SS

Daniel Ricciardo went 37 laps on the SS

Max went 38 laps on the SS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db9prhAW0AEmq8E.jpg:large
    I feel like Vettel could have stayed out more.

No further action for the collision between Ocon and Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Ocon- "What do we want to tell Kimi? He doesn't talk. He's not in the position he should be with a Ferrari He made a mistake yesterday, he made another one today,"
    It’s Ocon mistake. Not Kimi’s

So it's the first time since 2008 that Ferrari leads the WCC after four races. Back then it was 47-34 against McLaren, and they never lost the lead. Last year though Ferrari was trailing only by one point 135-136 to Mercedes and they actually led after that great 1-2 in Monaco (round 6) 196-179. Then it all went away after Canada (214-222). So Spain this year might be tough if the special Merc tyre works but Ferrari should be super strong in Monaco, again. Canada is were the true picture will form.

I feel like Vettel could have stayed out more.
    Yup further more laps, they could have gone with US.

At least Charles got 6, one reason to celebrate. But man, what a terrible day.

It’s Ocon mistake. Not Kimi’s
    agreed can't believe Ocon can blame Kimi for that and then to say he doesn't deserve to be at Ferrari is so disrespectful

Had a feeling this wouldn't be our race but when we lose it through other driver's errors and SC deployments, it sucks, even more so when it's HAM who gets the benefit. At least we got two cars home, Seb was a bit ambitious and lost valuable points but he had to try, we'll see if we still have the car to challenge Merc in Spain....how much more luck can HAM have, it never seems to be him who suffers through other people's issues. Sickening. And well done Charles Leclerc and some points for Sauber-Alfa.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I know violence is not the answer, but I surely hope someone will punch this brat hard with clenched fist in face!
    Sometimes violence IS the answer.

IMG_8419.JPG

What is this special Merc tire stuff? Link? Article? Tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    What is this special Merc tire stuff? Link? Article? Tweet?
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/pirelli...-tyre-demands/

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Sometimes violence IS the answer.

This is just great
    How come it always goes as Mercedes wants?!?!?

0.4mm should not change the tires behavior that much

Well that's total bull crap! Why the hell would the other teams not protest this. This is clear favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Mate;

It's F1 every 0.0001 counts...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Still though the fact they are willing to make changes to help 1 team is a joke if Merc have problems with the tyres it's there fault and they should fix it not Pirelli

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Still though the fact they are willing to make changes to help 1 team is a joke if Merc have problems with the tyres it's there fault and they should fix it not Pirelli

Formula 1’s governing body the FIA has given F1 tyre suppliers Pirelli the green light to reduce the tread depth on their slick tyres by 0.4 millimetres at three races this year in a bid to combat overheating issues.

Pirelli found in pre-season testing that the new asphalt at Spain’s Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya produced more grip and less tyre wear, which means more rubber stayed on the tyre which in turn can lead to surface overheating. As Great Britain’s Silverstone and France’s Paul Ricard circuits also feature new asphalt for this season, like Barcelona, Pirelli opted to reduce the tread depth, and therefore the amount of rubber on the tyre, for those three races.

“This was a recommendation that we ourselves brought to the FIA – as we have done in the past at some races – because it is less disruptive than nominating harder compounds, which was the alternative,” said Pirelli’s Head of Car Racing, Mario Isola. “Apart from making a set of tyres weigh around one kilogram less, there is no appreciable difference in performance; so in effect this is an ‘invisible’ change. “It only applies to the three races in Spain, France and Britain: there is no alteration to the tyre specification planned for any other events.

"We tested the solution last year, and in terms of performance or other consequences, they are almost transparent. "Obviously the reason we stayed on the standard tyre for this year was in normal circumstances you wear the tyre, and if you don't have enough thickness, you wear the tyre too quickly."

This is not the first time Pirelli have made such a request - the tyre supplier reduced the tread depth in 2011 and 2012 for the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix.

Forza Ferrari

Although I am very disappointed with today's result, we need to draw positive conclusions. Ferrari has the fastest car. Even on tracks where Mercedes was destroying competition. And besides, Charles will undoubtedly be the next big star in F1.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Just caught up with the race and wow.. what a downer :(

I'm angry at Seb, really. Considering all the experience he has, that was a total boneheaded move, trying to pass Bottas.
    Sure if it was the last lap I'd understand it but it wasn't. He stuffed the move up and ruined his own race for impatience.

Then to top it all, Bottas gets a puncture and goldenboy gets a win gifted. That sucks so much :(

Kimi sleeping again during the race, from when I see he seemed to make no progression at all in what is supposed to be one of the best cars if not the best.

I hope Seb can claw back some points in Spain.

The most frustrating thing about this:
    in Australia Lewis did a fenomenal qualy lap and did a good race, but didn't win. After that he hasn't done a good race or qualy and BOT was the better one.. Stil Lewis is leading the WDC..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Just caught up with the race and wow.. what a downer :(

I'm angry at Seb, really. Considering all the experience he has, that was a total boneheaded move, trying to pass Bottas.
    Sure if it was the last lap I'd understand it but it wasn't. He stuffed the move up and ruined his own race for impatience.

Then to top it all, Bottas gets a puncture and goldenboy gets a win gifted. That sucks so much :(

Kimi sleeping again during the race, from when I see he seemed to make no progression at all in what is supposed to be one of the best cars if not the best.

I hope Seb can claw back some points in Spain.
    He had to try and go for it. Hamilton was right on his gearbox and DRS was disabled so there was no chance of him gaining on Bottas. If he pulled it off no one would be calling it a bonehead move.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

He had to try and go for it. Hamilton was right on his gearbox and DRS was disabled so there was no chance of him gaining on Bottas. If he pulled it off no one would be calling it a bonehead move.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't
    Agree, or he goes for the gap like he did or he needs to stay behind BOT since HAM is on the right of him which would have allowed HAM to pass..
    On my opinion it was: go for the gap and be first or screw it up, or be 3th.. if he would have been 3th there was no way he could recover.. I think he did the right thing.. it was his only chance and it didn't pay off..

The worst thing about this is waiting another 2 weeks for the opportunity to bounce back. I hate how we don't have back to back races until the end of June-July.