Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    What I find funny that this Baku is really a crazy race, looks like it. Yesterday there wasnt a single driver than didnt make mistake, Hamilton, Vettel, Kimi all did it. Maybe the only driver on the grid who was clean, was Bottas this race, from 20 drivers. This race is heavier to drive as in Monaco, and the high-tyre pressures didnt help. I really think that things will get back to normal in next races, without to much drama.
    Vettel didn’t make a mistake at all. That move was on the cards after the restart, if he wouldn’t made a move ham was on his right. He would have passed, but was surprises me kimi doesn’t have any perfect restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    i totally agree with this point.. heck, if i was in his shoes, i’d do the same.. there was a window of opportunity, and you just have to grab it.. it’s 50/50 at that point and he knows that.. also, it was still early in the season and you can afford such, if this happened late in the season, then that would be unforgiveable..
    shouldn't that be the other way round? if you're ahead in the early part of the season, you don't gamble unnecessarily. If you're a bit behind later on, then you start to take more risks.

In old standings Seb has 27 points, Hamilton around 28. What I can say, remember the 2001 season, when after 4 races Kimi had more than 30 points, with Schumi lagging behind with around 15 points. In the end Schumi won the title, the title isnt lost in 4 races, but it could well be in last 4-5. Nothing is lost yet, but I really hope we will strike back hard. What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger I will say after yesterday.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Next two weeks are going to be the longest...

Still cannot get over what happen yesterday....

Agreed and reading my newspaper today about how wonderful Lewis is, well it makes me want to vomit. Uk newspapers really have diabolically bad F1 coverage, you get like 12 pages of football garbage and maybe 3-4 inches of F1 news in full and even that is always lewis lewis lewis. Makes me sick.

Roll on Spain and please please a Seb win ..or even a Kimi win (as long as Seb is in front of Ham)

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I know it looks bad seeing Kimi on the podium and Seb messing up like a rookie, but Kimi's points count anyway. Imagine Leclerc moving over for Seb. Seb can't win from pole pos. Kimi with both eyes shut, 80 + yrs. old , is bringing WCC to Ferrari. And to think there are fans here who were wishing Dan on Ferrari! Better now than later realizing Max would be better than Dan for sure, at least you know what your dealing with. And to top it all off, Lewis gets another win.
    Well why don't we change our team philosophy then. We'll tell Vettel to not get pole, start races off the 1st or 2nd row and crusie around in 7th or 8th in the race and just wait for eveyone in front to DNF and get a podium. Much better than running at the front, controlling the race and when you have to, actually try an overtaking move.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well why don't we change our team philosophy then. We'll tell Vettel to not get pole, start races off the 1st or 2nd row and crusie around in 7th or 8th in the race and just wait for eveyone in front to DNF and get a podium. Much better than running at the front, controlling the race and when you have to, actually try an overtaking move.
    Looks like Brembo is not really a Ferrari fan, but he is just keep bashing Seb. Again one of those glory hunter fans we have here on the forum. I support our drivers in their bad and in their good days, it doesnt matter. Seb that weekend was amazing until that near pass on Bottas. I am sure he will strike back.

All I have to say about that race is. I dont blame Seb for trying, some of you armchair experts dont really have a clue what f1 is all about. It is about racing, passing, taking risk, not hanging back and not trying. Yes it didnt work, but next time it might. Bring on Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Looks like Brembo is not really a Ferrari fan, but he is just keep bashing Seb. Again one of those glory hunter fans we have here on the forum. I support our drivers in their bad and in their good days, it doesnt matter. Seb that weekend was amazing until that near pass on Bottas. I am sure he will strike back.

All I have to say about that race is. I dont blame Seb for trying, some of you armchair experts dont really have a clue what f1 is all about. It is about racing, passing, taking risk, not hanging back and not trying. Yes it didnt work, but next time it might. Bring on Barca.

https://s9.postimg.cc/739djy433/if-y...onger-a-ra.png
    "If you go for a gap that doesn't exist, you are Verstappen." - Giallo 550

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    good one

that is totally true.....Max is going for a gap that doesn't exist and is expecting drivers to lift off or make room for him to make the corner....thta is NOT right

what Seb did was totally OK, with the exception that he came in too hot and outbroke himself and missed the corner.....it happens, but at least he did NOT take anyone out like MAD max does
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that is totally true.....Max is going for a gap that doesn't exist and is expecting drivers to lift off or make room for him to make the corner....thta is NOT right

what Seb did was totally OK, with the exception that he came in too hot and outbroke himself and missed the corner.....it happens, but at least he did NOT take anyone out like MAD max does

Also, Kimi went for the gap against Ocon......TOTALLY OCON'S FAULT BY A MILE!!!!!!

You made my day.

FerrariSteve Guest
    Dear me.. Lewis gets gifted the win on a silver platter and he's already whining. Pathetic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43947684

This guy has an excuse for everything, switch and wind now (even if it was switch, he prob blame the vibration from the car in front for causing the switch to turn )

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...fety-car-crash

Also love the quote from Vettel, maybe a Ferrari safety car

“Maybe after so many years of a Mercedes it would be nice to have a Ferrari Safety Car instead"

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-...ons-sc-claims/

I was suprised Ham couldn't take vettel on the restart yday even though he had a double tow from bottas and vet. Shows our engine is strong as i'm sure the mercs would have been turned up. I know bet had a tow from bottas but ham was closer to vet then vet was to bottas at the initial restart.

If anything, Kimi gained on Hamilton massively.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Dear me.. Lewis gets gifted the win on a silver platter and he's already whining. Pathetic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43947684
    He should have cited what he did to Vettel last year as an example.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If what you just described gets Seb on the podium like Kimi, why not? Seb on pole doesn't seem to help, being up front , no help. He needs to go to RB and Max to Ferrari. Being a Kimi fan still qualifies as being a Ferrari fan !! Just like when Rubens was with Ferrari , a Rubens fan was still a Ferrari fan. This place i great !!!

If what you just described gets Seb on the podium like Kimi, why not? Seb on pole doesn't seem to help, being up front , no help. He needs to go to RB and Max to Ferrari. Being a Kimi fan still qualifies as being a Ferrari fan !! Just like when Rubens was with Ferrari , a Rubens fan was still a Ferrari fan. This place i great !!!
    I just want to say it again. Brembo does not represent the thinking of all New York F1 fans.

Disappointed Since 2010

I just want to say it again. Brembo does not represent the thinking of all New York F1 fans.

I see some people are saying Vettel should have waited to make a move, those people should know that Ferrari was running more downforce and as a result was slower on the straights than Mercedes, Red Bull and Force India. If Vettel didn't attempt a move, he would have been overtaken by Lewis anyway on the next lap. Another thing they say is that Vettel was ahead of Hamilton and should've stayed there. It's the 4th race of the season and Vettel shouldn't go for the win? That is known as a loser attitude. I'm very happy that Seb went for the win.

People also say that Alonso would be good in that Ferrari. That's the biggest joke of 21st century , why wasn't Ferrari able to develop a race winning capable car when he was in Ferrari? Because he is not a team builder. Vettel came and transformed Ferrari into a race winning capable team. And Alonso can never match the pace shown by Vettel. Alonso is a slow qualifier, if he was in Vettel's place in Baku, it would be a Mercedes front row lockout on Saturday.

Forza Vettel!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I see some people are saying Vettel should have waited to make a move, those people should know that Ferrari was running more downforce and as a result was slower on the straights than Mercedes, Red Bull and Force India. If Vettel didn't attempt a move, he would have been overtaken by Lewis anyway on the next lap. Another thing they say is that Vettel was ahead of Hamilton and should've stayed there. It's the 4th race of the season and Vettel shouldn't go for the win? That is known as a loser attitude. I'm very happy that Seb went for the win.

People also say that Alonso would be good in that Ferrari. That's the biggest joke of 21st century , why wasn't Ferrari able to develop a race winning capable car when he was in Ferrari? Because he is not a team builder. Vettel came and transformed Ferrari into a race winning capable team. And Alonso can never match the pace shown by Vettel. Alonso is a slow qualifier, if he was in Vettel's place in Baku, it would be a Mercedes front row lockout on Saturday.

Forza Vettel!
    I hate to break it to you, but Vettel hasn't won anything in a Ferrari yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But he is in a much better position than Alonso ever was. Vettel fits well in any team whereas Alonso wants results from the first race itself and then becomes the cause of negative environment in the team, as a result team goes backwards and doesn't really achieve anything year after year.

But he is in a much better position than Alonso ever was. Vettel fits well in any team whereas Alonso wants results from the first race itself and then becomes the cause of negative environment in the team, as a result team goes backwards and doesn't really achieve anything year after year.
    Vettle does not want to cause a negative environment in the team, so not wanting results from the first race keeps everyone calm? A driver wanting to win is a very negative way to think? I would rather an Alonso mentality, cursing a WDC, WCC championship on his team. The team and the fans will get over the negative environment caused by wins with time. Time for a strong shot with a Guinness!
    Last edited by Brembo; 1st May 2018 at 07:38.

Agreed and reading my newspaper today about how wonderful Lewis is, well it makes me want to vomit. Uk newspapers really have diabolically bad F1 coverage, you get like 12 pages of football garbage and maybe 3-4 inches of F1 news in full and even that is always lewis lewis lewis. Makes me sick.

Roll on Spain and please please a Seb win ..or even a Kimi win (as long as Seb is in front of Ham)
    Couldn't agree more, although the paper I read did admit that HAM lucked into the win and didn't deserve it. I dread to think what the Italian media made of it all, though!! Probably even they like HAM and love to bash Ferrari! Makes me sick too, as well as all those footie pages, never any mention of MotoGP or FE either. Rant over, for now.

Vettel finished 2nd last year. He was in WDC contention from the start. So it’s just the beginning.
    May be this is the year, he would clinch that title with Ferrari.

I too die hard fan on Alonso, but his attitude is killing himself only. The way he passed vettel in the last race China, he knows vettel gave him the space to move on, but still he pushed him off the track on that corner. I started to dislike him.

Alonso is a bitter sweet type of person his best days are behind him and as every race passes so does his career in his day he was brilliant.

shouldn't that be the other way round? if you're ahead in the early part of the season, you don't gamble unnecessarily. If you're a bit behind later on, then you start to take more risks.
    i don’t think so. there’s so much points to play for and even if he gambled unnecessarily at the 4th race, he did not loose too much points. Seb knows he has a car under him that’s capable of winning in majority of the tracks so he can risk it early. if behind later in the season, more risks, more rewards, yes.. but it works both ways.. you can also loose and be further back.

They ordered the FIA to check about the smoke - Nothing found

They asked them to check the oil consumption - Nothing found

They tried to create a mess because of the mirrors - Ferrari reacted brilliantly

Now it's the battery

Just ban Binotto if you don‘t want them to be good.....

Spanish GP tyre sets.

Ferrari opt for more supersofts.
    Mercedes take an extra set of medias while Red Bull are inbetween.
    Williams go SUPERSOFT for Spain.
    McLaren take enough of each compound

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcG_F4bWkAAJF4S.jpg:large

Alonso won races with us and very close to titles, not quite sure you can attack him for not winning races at our team or making us go backwards....
    Forza Ferrari

Vettle does not want to cause a negative environment in the team, so not wanting results from the first race keeps everyone calm? A driver wanting to win is a very negative way to think? I would rather an Alonso mentality, cursing a WDC, WCC championship on his team. The team and the fans will get over the negative environment caused by wins with time. Time for a strong shot with a Guinness!
    Brembo have you never heard that negativity breeds negativity.......if you are told you are no good you believe it and don't try.
    How many years have Macca struggled with the Honda engine always blaming Honda.
    What happens when same engine is put into a Toro Rossa?????? Could it be a more positive atmosphere?????
    All of the negative comments about Seb really annoy me.
    I think he's great and a super ambassador for the team and the sport!
    IF his daring move had been successful on Sunday and it could have been then we would all be applauding him.
    Maybe it's no coincidence that F1 backwards is IF.

As for you Brembo I think you enjoy winding us up. Hope the strong shot and the Guinness
    worked.

Forza Jules

Agree with you on that but I guess Football is the national sport followed by everything else then motor racing as an afterthought if there is any space left!!!!
    Try this account at least it doesn't come across as gushing!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...cedes-failings

Forza Jules