Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Yes this is the main culprit. Bottas had no option but react because of the US speed.
    Absolutely !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Seb went for it. I can't Blame him. He wants to win. Maybe it would have been better to settle for 2nd but I commend him on going for it.

I guess Kimi might have carried some damage from the incident or something, he was nowhere. We had the faster car overall so that's a big plus, I just hope it carries over into other races.

I would see this as, Ferrari not taking the win with fastest car in last two races.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    KR usually doing nothing!!!
    Yup, should've done same what Seb did. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I really don't get staying so long on SS and go for S and not US..... Throwing wins like this will bite us at the end of season
    US doesn’t last long...!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    they pit him onto softs, and US as soon as SC came out, bottas was ahead, nothing he could do, kimi didnt challenge ham at the end which was disappointing
    Vet was slower than BOT by almost a sec during the last laps while on US

That was a SC lottery

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I really don't get staying so long on SS and go for S and not US
    What was the need to take the risk of US not lasting. Vettel was winning this comfortably but SC robbed us

What was shocking is how quick bottas or merc is when they want, on super super old tyres bottas was putting in fastest laps
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Stupid Ocon, Grosjean, Verstappen should’ve been banned from racing

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    FIA should replace this horrible venue with a real racing track. The place is a disgrace.
    The show that this track brings makes it hard to replace

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Vet was slower than BOT by almost a sec during the last laps while on US
    yup that was stupid, but i guess thats the safest option probably, kimi was struggling on softs and so was hamilton so i question why bother putting it on seb when he stuck out so long
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    What was shocking is how quick bottas or merc is when they want, on super super old tyres bottas was putting in fastest laps
    So did RBR, but maybe you can understand not much tyre wear here and fuel goes down means faster car.....
    Forza Ferrari

The Sky sports booth must be super sticky right now. I can't imagine the group fap session they will have seeing Lewis win. They couldn't possibly be more obvious about their bias.

And so the blame game begins.

This was luck!

Ferrari strategy was on point for both cars. If the redbull drivers weren’t such amateurs, we would have been in the lead by at least 8 seconds.

I feel for Seb. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t! We would have criticised him for not making a move. He made it, and it didn’t pay off.

Unlucky for Bottas. I would have been okay with a Bottas win, but Lewis winning really feels rotten.

so let me get this straight, Ham wins because:

-the 2 Red fools take each other out
    -bottas gets a puncture
    -Seb would not settle for 2nd

Ham's luck today is beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Would not have lasted till the end I don't think.
    With so many laps after the safety Car it was easy
    All in hindsight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The show that this track brings makes it hard to replace
    Baku and Monaco are better suited to Go Karts. Just a long straight doesn't make a real F1 circuit.

why is Crashjean in F1? i will never understand it.

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 70
    2 Sebastian Vettel GER FERRARI 66
    3 Kimi Räikkönen FIN FERRARI 48
    4 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 40
    5 Daniel Ricciardo AUS RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 37
    6 Fernando Alonso ESP MCLAREN RENAULT 28
    7 Nico Hulkenberg GER RENAULT 22
    8 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER 18
    9 Sergio Perez MEX FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 15
    10 Carlos Sainz ESP RENAULT 13

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Seb went for it. I can't Blame him. He wants to win. Maybe it would have been better to settle for 2nd but I commend him on going for it.
    These Sky guys make it harder to swallow, but agree w/you 100%. It's a move where by the time you see it isn't working, it is too late to back off. Bold move by Seb.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Just speechless. I can't believe the bad luck with the safety cars that happened. The first one was too early for Kimi (should have come some laps later) and the second one destroyed Seb's chance. Although if they wouldn't have pitted for US tyres I'm rather sure he would at least be on the podium as he would be in the lead with just a few laps to go behind the SC. Also, I can't believe Lewis's luck.

On the positive side, Kimi has picked up his game and that's why we're leading the WCC. I can't remember the last time Ferrari was leading the WCC after four races. Might have been 2008 or one of the Alonso years. A long time ago. Seb wen't for the win and missed out.

Max is an idiot, but so is Ricciardo. I hope they never drive for Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    wow a dreaded 4 points. The world has ended.
    You do realize though, that barring Verstappen's mistake and Charlie Whiting's horrendous decision-making (NO SC WAS NEEDED), Vettel would be leading by 15 points and would have gained all the momentum by beating Toto and his band of misfits again. Instead Hamster is ahead who basically did nothing to grab this victory. Thank you Charlie.

Ban max, he's stupidity caused this

Seb was a little two aggressive should have settled for 2nd but thats not in his dna.

I'm devastated, i started throwing stuff around almost broke something. This is utterly devastating. Cant blame anyone but lady luck. She just wasn't anywhere in sight for us.

Cant blame Seb for trying to overtake. Maybe he could've been more calculative but i cant blame him for trying to overtake in that moment, maybe there wouldn't have been more opportunities.

I'm more afraid now, this is the period when we should try to maximize our gains before Lewis and Merc step their game up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    You do realize though, that barring Verstappen's mistake and Charlie Whiting's horrendous decision-making (NO SC WAS NEEDED), Vettel would be leading by 15 points and would have gained all the momentum by beating Toto and his band of misfits again. Instead Hamster is ahead who basically did nothing to grab this victory. Thank you Charlie.
    yup 100% charlie is doing his best to get headlines

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    since when could you pit under SC conditions to serve penalty?

SO Perez pitted.....crew waited 5 seconds....then started work on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm devastated, i started throwing stuff around almost broke something. This is utterly devastating. Cant blame anyone but lady luck. She just wasn't anywhere in sight for us.

Cant blame Seb for trying to overtake. Maybe he could've been more calculative but i cant blame him for trying to overtake in that moment, maybe there wouldn't have been more opportunities.

I'm more afraid now, this is the period when we should try to maximize our gains before Lewis and Merc step their game up.
    exactly!!! and same man, i couldn't watch that last lap was nausea's