Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: First images of proposed Miami Formula 1 circuit layout revealed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,612

    First images of proposed Miami Formula 1 circuit layout revealed

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...track-revealed

    Just what we need... another nonisnpiring boring city track!?!?!? God is there an end to stupidity?!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,019
    That's not the only proposal or image of said track. Here's another:

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcW6TkdU0AAR_0f.jpg


    By the way, the first one reminds me of Snoopy.

    https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/...ct-8280024.jpg

    vs


    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcahMwzX4AAzclU.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...track-revealed

    Just what we need... another nonisnpiring boring city track!?!?!? God is there an end to stupidity?!
    Not going to lie; I think that looks really cool. That long high speed straight over the ocean and hairpin followed by another high speed straight looks pretty entertaining. I have a soft spot for races by the water.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Not going to lie; I think that looks really cool. That long high speed straight over the ocean and hairpin followed by another high speed straight looks pretty entertaining. I have a soft spot for races by the water.
    My thoughts, too.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    189

    STREET RACE MORE CRAP RACING

    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...track-revealed

    Just what we need... another nonisnpiring boring city track!?!?!? God is there an end to stupidity?!
    You have that right.
    too many specifically built road course's not in use, that would be better racing that another crap street race.
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Looks like the MiamiGP finally has a date set; May 8th, 2022. The track layout has changed since its original inception due to complaints from locals. Anyone here planning on going?

    Official Site:

    https://f1miamigp.com/

    Track On-Board:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQrprQNS-c
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,019
    2022 schedule



    Bahrain 20 March

    Saudi Arabia 27 March

    Australia 10 April

    China 24 April

    United States (Miami) 8 May

    Spain 22 May

    Monaco 29 May

    Azerbaijan 12 June

    Canada 19 June

    Great Britain* 3 July

    Austria* 10 July

    France/Italy (Imola) 17 July

    Hungary 31 July

    Belgium 28 August

    Netherlands 4 September

    Italy 11 September

    Russia 25 September

    Singapore/Turkey 2 October

    Japan 9 October

    United States (Austin) 23 October

    Mexico 30 October

    Brazil 13 November

    Abu Dhabi 20 November
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,659
    The track will almost surely be bumpier than Sebring unless they do a fresh pave, which will deteriorate within a year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The track will almost surely be bumpier than Sebring unless they do a fresh pave, which will deteriorate within a year.
    They did a refresh pave.

    Jeddah at Saudi Arabia is coming along nicely.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2022 schedule



    Bahrain 20 March

    Saudi Arabia 27 March

    Australia 10 April

    China 24 April

    United States (Miami) 8 May

    Spain 22 May

    Monaco 29 May

    Azerbaijan 12 June

    Canada 19 June

    Great Britain* 3 July

    Austria* 10 July

    France/Italy (Imola) 17 July

    Hungary 31 July

    Belgium 28 August

    Netherlands 4 September

    Italy 11 September

    Russia 25 September

    Singapore/Turkey 2 October

    Japan 9 October

    United States (Austin) 23 October

    Mexico 30 October

    Brazil 13 November

    Abu Dhabi 20 November
    Logistically it would make more sense to have Montreal and Miami back-to-back. Why come to the US, go back to Europe and then return to Canada? Lol. And F1 thinks they are green ahah.

    I plan on attending the Miami GP, that is if our Canadian-communist government lets me leave lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Logistically it would make more sense to have Montreal and Miami back-to-back. Why come to the US, go back to Europe and then return to Canada? Lol. And F1 thinks they are green ahah.

    l
    Along with Austin as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Logistically it would make more sense to have Montreal and Miami back-to-back. Why come to the US, go back to Europe and then return to Canada? Lol. And F1 thinks they are green ahah.

    I plan on attending the Miami GP, that is if our Canadian-communist government lets me leave lol
    "Green F1" is such an ongoing joke.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Along with Austin as well.
    I happen to agree with Austin being late in the calendar. One, it works perfectly to schedule with Mexico and then leads into Brazil. But also the temperatures in that region during the summer can be around 40 degrees C and the UV index is brutal.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,739
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Logistically it would make more sense to have Montreal and Miami back-to-back. Why come to the US, go back to Europe and then return to Canada? Lol. And F1 thinks they are green ahah.

    I plan on attending the Miami GP, that is if our Canadian-communist government lets me leave lol
    just the Miami mate???? waht about Montreal??? i'm going for sure IF finally takes place in 2022.....lolol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    just the Miami mate???? waht about Montreal??? i'm going for sure IF finally takes place in 2022.....lolol
    I’d love to do Montreal again, however I will not get my hopes up. Who knows what Canada will look like next spring…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •