Thread: Salut Gilles

Salut Gilles

Forza Ferrari

Thanks for those, Greig.

Every year again, I am prepared for this day to arrive.

I was at the circuit the day before Gilles had his fatal accident. It feels like yesterday..During those first years I went to visit GP's and took my tape-recorder with me..Hearing me say
    'be careful Ferrari's' the moment Gilles came storming towards the first corner while Didier just came out of the pits still gives me the goosebumps.

Forever in my heart this man from Berthierville. So happy now I was able to visit Berthierville prior to the 2000 Canadian GP.

RIP my hero.

Time passes so fast... RIP Gilles :(
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

What a racer.
    Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord....

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari
    16/15
    36/2/13
    four

Totus Tuus

Watching this always makes me feel so sad.
    I still remember the day he had that fatal accident.

Such a great driver and man.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Watching this always makes me feel so sad.
    I still remember the day he had that fatal accident.

Such a great driver and man.
    Watching that video shows just how much he threw caution to the wind, but that's what made him such an icon. I was in Italy when the news of his death came through, being a tifoso it was like the end of the world and it was felt everywhere. Reminds me of Max, although it's hard to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Watching that video shows just how much he threw caution to the wind, but that's what made him such an icon. I was in Italy when the news of his death came through, being a tifoso it was like the end of the world and it was felt everywhere. Reminds me of Max, although it's hard to say that!
    Gilles had ethos.
    I don't think I could say that for Max.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

This quote always got to me... rather haunting. Did not hear it until after he passed so I suppose it made it that much more impactful to me.
    "I don't think of death. Dying is part of the job"
    RIP Gilles
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    This quote always got to me... rather haunting. Did not hear it until after he passed so I suppose it made it that much more impactful to me.
    "I don't think of death. Dying is part of the job"
    RIP Gilles
    yep. He was like that on the race track and in his personal car or aircraft....always on the edge..... people that drove with him or flew with him never wanted to drive with him or fly with him again.

His crash was a qualifying lap and back then the tyres he was on were only good for one flying lap...that's it....hence he went for it no matter what. Then you throw in the opposing driver who was slowing down(probably saw him coming in his rear view mirrors) and in his line coming into the turn and the rest is history. There's a couple of youtube videos out there of the crash.

Enzo liked him........alot.

RIP GV