Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel is leaving Ferrari

Vettel is leaving Ferrari

German media are reporting that Vettel and Ferrari couldn’t reach an agreement and that he’s leaving. It’ll be announced in the coming hours.

From Motorsport-Total, Motorsport France, Bild, Tobias Gruner, AMUS etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    German media are reporting that Vettel and Ferrari couldn’t reach an agreement and that he’s leaving. It’ll be announced in the coming hours.

about time he GETS THE BOOT.....his time is DONE in F1....bring someone younger, hungrier along side Charles

FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

If true, looks like Sainz could take Seb's spot.

Possible on Ricciardo.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If true, looks like Sainz could take Seb's spot.

Possible on Ricciardo.
    i'd be fine with EITHER of th3 two you mentioned....

Ferrari will confirm later in the day.Well he has this year left can Ferrari send him out a champion.?

ALLEGEDLY!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

He had two real good opportunities 2017 & 2018, specially 2018. And his value dropped significantly after Leclerc beating, people thought 2014 was aberration but it shows how good RedBull were from 2009 to 2013

Personally I would like to see Ricciardo taking the seat, I'm not too convinced with Sainz that shows up on Sundays

Ricciardo would be best if we want the best driver available. Sainz would make sense if we want someone more focused on being the #2 for Leclerc.

Although Sainz may have potential as well, I am sure Ricciardo is better right now!

Or we could CHOCK everyone with FERNANDO THE BIG BANG ALONSO �� That would surely send shockwaves all over the world!

I prefer Ricciardo because I reckon he will be the best driver for the job! Alonso, I think his age and being out for 2-3 years kills that, unless Fernando is superhuman! Also Daniel could be good enough to challenge Merc and Red Bull if Leclerc does not fullfill his potential! So it would be safer from that perspective as well!

Thanks Seb, it was time to leave, you gave it your all but it was not good enough, now head to Mclaren who will be on the rise with Mercedes engines!

Daniel Ricardo is an even money bet with the right car and good reliability he can deliver no doubt.Turns up to win week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Daniel Ricardo is an even money bet with the right car and good reliability he can deliver no doubt.Turns up to win week in week out.
    Absolutely. Only problems is Ferrari will most likely not be fighting for wins until the new regulations in 2022 as we now have both 2020 and 2021 with the same regs that Merc have dominated completely.

Sainz has proved more cool headed compared to Ric so i prefer him.

Ferrari will confirm later in the day.Well he has this year left can Ferrari send him out a champion.?
    No, why should they?
    If he can be a champion,he should do it on his own merit, same goes for Charles.

No favors. Enough with this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I suppose this was inevitable and the current lack of a season maybe added increased pressure, but I will await official confirmation. It's sad in a way, I never thought I could support Seb after his RB days, but being a tifoso has never been an easy ride.

See should have had 2017 and 2018 titles a real shame led the championship on both occasions Ferrari had the fastest car, then it went pair shape half way through.Driver errors and poor team tactics cost seb dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I suppose this was inevitable and the current lack of a season maybe added increased pressure, but I will await official confirmation. It's sad in a way, I never thought I could support Seb after his RB days, but being a tifoso has never been an easy ride.
    it's already official

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's Official

Kimi is coming back

The prancing horse has confirmed the story.Seb is leaving both parties will part amicably .

See should have had 2017 and 2018 titles a real shame led the championship on both occasions Ferrari had the fastest car, then it went pair shape half way through.Driver errors and poor team tactics cost seb dearly.
    What poor team tactics? If you're talking about poor team tactics regarding Raikkonen and his often forgotten and ignored race strategies, then sure. But Vettel enjoyed 100% support from Ferrari, and it was 100% Vettel's own fault that he didn't win the 2018 WDC. Don't blame Ferrari for a incompetent driver who made 9-10 mistakes in that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Absolutely. Only problems is Ferrari will most likely not be fighting for wins until the new regulations in 2022 as we now have both 2020 and 2021 with the same regs that Merc have dominated completely.
    Ferrari have fought for titles in both 2017 and 2018, and they fought for race wins many times in 2019. And they will continue to fight for wins and titles and remain Mercedes's closet competitor in this year and the year next.

This formula1 season if any is going to be full of surprises I will call it know expect the unexpected 100%.

Hallelujah.

Vettel is an interesting character with a quirky sense of humour, but I never liked him at Ferrari. He squandered far too many opportunities and never fully rallied the team as a true #1 should do. And when he crumbled under pressure, boy, did he crumble!

It's for the best for Ferrari - and for Vettel too.

Now I just hope that the Scuderia makes a wise choice with who they bring in. I'm hoping it's Danny Ricciardo.

Ricciardo or Hamilton ??

Any odds on Alonso coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Ricciardo or Hamilton ??

i would like to see what Ric can do with a ferrari but i wouldnt mind ham also

Trying to think what is Vettel's reason of leaving a team which may not offer Number 1 status and salary but still can win races and possibility of title to Mclaren or Renault where he albeit will get his number 1 status but could end up frustrated like Alonso in Mclaren? How vulnerable is Bottas for 2021? Would Mercedes have him along with Hamilton or is it really Hamilton is talking to Ferrari?

Alonso please....
    Forza Ferrari

Winning car, please?

This is what we need. A winning car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I really would like Ricciardo in Ferrari, he is cool headed, great overtaker. I am sure he will do well in a Ferrari.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Ricciardo or Hamilton ??

Prolly about the same odds as me winning the lotto....which is about 14 million to ONE....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso please....

Not a chance, we already have a #1 driver now that Vettel,s gone....bring in Sainz please....or even Ricciardo