Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    This tire change,IF it will hurt us,it is only for 3 races. Here,Silverstone and France .
    If it helps Merc and RBR, that could mean 5 at best for us.. If Lewis wins all 3 that is 35 points difference.. So it's not "only"
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I really have a feeling like 2013, I know our car has been a lot better in qualy, but we could have one the first 4 races but didnt, fair enough, and now a tyre change that seems to benefit MErc and RBR
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Its normal for me when Ferrari built best car and dominate FIA always start to search different things to cut this 1 of way to do it changes technical or tires that is their way as usual they banned T wing and monkey seat wich better work on Ferrari now they want banned other things. Ferrari must put veto to all changes during championship my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari should focus on the next race because this race is lost. Should be a good fight for 5th place between Vettel and Raikkonen.
    Just go away if you are going to be so negative its Friday and your already writing us off

WE SHOULD BE STRONGER TOMORROW”
    ferrari-media

Seb praises “car you can trust” while Kimi has “not the most straightforward Friday”

Montmelò, May 11 – It was a Friday of mixed fortunes for Scuderia Ferrari drivers Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen: while Seb managed to complete his daily routine, setting encouraging times in the final long run on Soft tires, Kimi had to coast back to the pits after being radioed to stop the engine because of an apparent malfunction. Gusty winds affected both sessions and the track felt obviously very different from winter testing, with temperatures around the 30 degree mark.

“Everything we put on the car seems to work and that’s important,” said Seb. “I think the biggest change that has been made is on the tires, which seem to be quite different. I don’t think they are better than before. As for the changes you saw with the rearview mirrors, it is no big deal. Before, it was quite difficult for us to look at the cars behind. Now they are in a better position and I can see a little bit better below the rear wing. If you trust your car, there is no reason to try to push over the limit at this stage. Let’s hope we have the same trust as in Baku where I could get everything out of the car when I had to. Today it was quite slippery and gusty and it was a mixed day. We can still work on the car and I think we should be stronger tomorrow”.

“Today the session was a bit messy” Kimi commented “but overall I think it was not too bad. The wind made it a bit tricky, but we know that, at this time of year, it can be like that. The tarmac was the same as we had in testing, but obviously the weather conditions are different. We all know this track very well but every time we come here it’s like starting from zero. We tried different things and learned from them and it was pretty ok most of the times. Maybe it was not the most straightforward Friday, but I think that more or less we know what we should do. At one point we had some issues and I was told by the team to stop the car. We still don’t know what happened, but we’ll figure it out. In the evening we’ll have some work to do; we’ll go through everything and understand. Tomorrow morning we might get a better idea and know where everybody is. I’m sure it is going to be close”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

So according to Seb, he can trust the car, updates worked, tomorrow should be stronger. Kimi says it's gonna be close. We all know how ferrari finds time from Friday to Saturday.

Yet even after 4 solid races we have people here writing off our weekend already after Friday practice.

Any new relative updates for Barca? Saw something like split mirror innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Kimi engine failure already. Rb and mercs are faster at the moment. Plus they want to ban the mirror update ferrari brought for therr spain update. Supposedly charlie or whichever grandpa wasnt happy about it

Front row.has been useless for ferrari so maybe back rows will bring luck

Ferrari just need some luck.

Seb has complained that pirelli brought new tyres that suit rb and mercs cars
    You must love these days!

Ferrari should focus on the next race because this race is lost. Should be a good fight for 5th place between Vettel and Raikkonen.
    You a really sunshine aren't you?
    Please go away and don't come back!

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    You must love these days!
    he basks in that negativity!
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

You know, when we will win this championship, we can throw it in their face about how they tried all to slow us down, but nothing worked, because we have the best car.
    I can say, from the times I have seen from Seb, and what we have done in the past 4 races, we have a fast car. It is not like last seasons, we have a car where we can fight for the wins every race. Please, when you talk about negative things, first check the lap times, and try to understand whats going on.
    First of all, if we are slow in the qualifying sims, it does not mean we are slow in real, we just doing our thing. Then, when it comes to full fuel, if you see the same lap times or faster from our guys as others, it means, we are in decent shape. We are fast, Seb did a 20.9 on softs, with the race sim, which no one did. So, just keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    You know, when we will win this championship, we can throw it in their face about how they tried all to slow us down, but nothing worked, because we have the best car.
    I can say, from the times I have seen from Seb, and what we have done in the past 4 races, we have a fast car. It is not like last seasons, we have a car where we can fight for the wins every race. Please, when you talk about negative things, first check the lap times, and try to understand whats going on.
    First of all, if we are slow in the qualifying sims, it does not mean we are slow in real, we just doing our thing. Then, when it comes to full fuel, if you see the same lap times or faster from our guys as others, it means, we are in decent shape. We are fast, Seb did a 20.9 on softs, with the race sim, which no one did. So, just keep that in mind.
    Ferrari does not have the best car. Mercedes was a good qualifying car in 2013 but it was not the best car. In race, Ferrari is the worst of the top 3 teams in tyre management. In all races, Vettel had to pit because his tyres was degrading but Bottas was able to put in fastest lap numerous times. It happened in Bahrain, it happened in Baku again when Vettel was 7 tenths a lap slower than Bottas so he pitted.

Seb did a 20.9 on Softs but Verstappen did a 20.6 on Softs.

Ferrari does not have the best car. Mercedes was a good qualifying car in 2013 but it was not the best car. In race, Ferrari is the worst of the top 3 teams in tyre management. In all races, Vettel had to pit because his tyres was degrading but Bottas was able to put in fastest lap numerous times. It happened in Bahrain, it happened in Baku again when Vettel was 7 tenths a lap slower than Bottas so he pitted.

Ferrari has the fastest car? Why because the pure pace of the car is seen in qualy, and Ferrari dominated the field in last two weekends there. The gap in Baku should have been at least 0,4s to the nearest rival, but both drivers made mistakes, in China the true picture was seen on a power track. Race pace wise we were the fastest car in Baku, Mercedes was slower. This is just the fact, the numbers speak for themselves. We were very unlucky that we didnt won the last two races, thats also a fact. Sometimes I have a feeling that some races are scripted by the FIA.

More bad luck for Kimi, new engine will be put in which puts him on the back foot for the rest of the season

I can give you the tire deg is better for RB, but you have to keep in mind that you cannot have a car that is very quick on a single lap plus be really good with tire deg. Its a give and take. You cannot have best of both worlds.
    You also realize, Seb did his 20.9 lap after 18 or so laps after starting his race sim, but Verstappen did his lap time after 27 or so laps after starting his race sim. You have to take into account of the fuel burn too! Ok, now tell me, "you dont know about fuel load", well, would you do a race sim and every time you pit, fill up the tank and do the next tire stint on full fuel load? If that, then data would be pointless!

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...07496388530176
    Out of precaution, the full block (ICE+turbo+MGU-H) on #Kimi7’s car will be taken down for checks and replaced for tomorrow. #SpanishGP
    Ferrari might be told to revert to conventional rear view mirrors after several other teams contacted FIA for clarification on that matter.
    https://t.co/IUiTV89Roj
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Melnourne Mercs dominated quali and race pace. I think in bahrain ferrari and mercedes and rb all three were matched in race pace. Mercs and RB seemed quicker in the race in china whilst ferrari dominated in qualifying, plus we saw how bottas beat seb after pit stops. and i agree the tyre deg has been really bad for seb when compared directly to rivals as seen in Baku and first stint in Bahrain. RB and Bottas seem to go much longer and increase pace whilst seb is forced to pit early. If Ferrari's major update that wings on halo is banned than others are going to get a big jump in the development race especially RB with neweys genius bargeboards.

Lack of data thanks to unreliability will hurt both kimi and seb getting setup ready. it supposed to rain at night so maybe conditions will be more favorable for ferrari somehow tomorrow. crossing fingers. Mattia has his hands full hope he can figure it out asap
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

LMAO. No doubt Red Bull were the first to complain, Mercedes too.

If FIA folds then to hell with them as well.

You cant remove parts of car "until rules are completely aggreed upon". That would mean Ferrari would removd bits of car here, and then 2 weeks later, you could have FIA coming up saying "Nah, its all good". So we lost race without being able to run upgrade? Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    LMAO. No doubt Red Bull were the first to complain, Mercedes too.

If FIA folds then to hell with them as well.
    Off course someone was going to ask about those mirrors, you could see it coming the moment the first pictures came out.
    Mercedes, Red Bull, probably just about all of them, if this is allowed, they can copy it for the next race.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

FerrariSteve Guest
    It's early days I know but damn that Merc seems fast. Pirelli giving their favourite team a leg up ..again..

You must be an expert in F1, seeing that just from free practice on friday. Its must be from FP1&2, because in the last 3 races we got pole. Funny because what happened this season in friday's free practice, didnt mean anything come qualy and race. Would you advise all of our friends here to put some money on the Ferraris finishing 5th and 6th? There is some good money to be made, I know I could use some. Be sure, when we win the cash, we will all thank you buddy.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 12th May 2018 at 05:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    More bad luck for Kimi, new engine will be put in which puts him on the back foot for the rest of the season
    For now.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Seriously, the negativity and the doom and gloom mood of certain people here (you -all- know who you are) start to get me upset (good job with the anti swear filter ! *thumbs up!* ):D

Get a grip. Seriously.
    If you can't, just stop.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Im thinking Ferrari and Mercedes might try and start on the softs. Im also thinking that Vettel will take pole since he was the only one to make any sort of improvements on the Supersoft tyre.

During the race it will most likely be Soft-Medium for the strategy. Since Mercedes seem to utilize the mediums the best, track position will be key because overtaking, from what we saw last year, will be difficult.

We will win the race no matter what. Come on guys!!!
    Forza!
    Reflection, speed, force of character, judgement
    FORZA ALONSO, FORZA FERRARI

Thank god the dooms dayers on this forum can only get that close to all the positive fans imagine having there by your side physically wow what a nite mare that would be thank god for the forum barrier.

This is not a criticism of anyone in particular, more a note for people and the mods.

I’ve basically abandoned this forum in favour of F1 technical. You can have much more rational, informative conversations will intelligent, like minded people there. No one says things like “Ferrari should focus on the next race because this one is lost” after Friday practice - because people there are intelligent enough to know how ridiculous a statement like that is.

The toxicity here is horrendous. So many people on here are truly sore losers and it brings everyone down.

Every race a similar discussion to this starts and everyone defends their right to be “passionate” etc etc. however, you’re ruining one of the only places on the Internet where Ferrari fans can come and discuss and enjoy each other’s mutual love of Ferrari and f1. You’re ruining it.

All the actual useful info on here can be obtained from other f1 forums and twitter. This place is for Ferrari people specifically, and it makes me sad that I HATE coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    This is not a criticism of anyone in particular, more a note for people and the mods.

I’ve basically abandoned this forum in favour of F1 technical. You can have much more rational, informative conversations will intelligent, like minded people there. No one says things like “Ferrari should focus on the next race because this one is lost” after Friday practice - because people there are intelligent enough to know how ridiculous a statement like that is.

The toxicity here is horrendous. So many people on here are truly sore losers and it brings everyone down.

Every race a similar discussion to this starts and everyone defends their right to be “passionate” etc etc. however, you’re ruining one of the only places on the Internet where Ferrari fans can come and discuss and enjoy each other’s mutual love of Ferrari and f1. You’re ruining it.

All the actual useful info on here can be obtained from other f1 forums and twitter. This place is for Ferrari people specifically, and it makes me sad that I HATE coming here.
    100% agree with you. F1technical more towards technical discussion rather than bashing each other & their fav teams.