Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Embarrassing.
    Ya, I'm embarrassing. Open your eyes to what happened today. This is not an attack on Ferrari, or this forum. We got screwed plain and simple. This is not some conspiracy theory, even Vettel knows it. Wake up.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...traightforward
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Give it up for the Iceman. Meeting Thomas for the 2nd time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdBVSLIX0AU-SXX.jpg

More media cars were broken into today. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Until Kimi wins a race, there can be no talk about him being in the title hunt. I agree he should be left alone until he is a certain number of points behind seb, if that will happen. Ferrari showed they are ready to sacrifice him as soon as race 3, which I dont agree with. The most important thing, is that both of our boys have the tools to win races and challenge for WDC and WCC. Ferrari have built a great car.
    Ferrari left Seb out to dry on the first race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Well said

I am with you!
    Me too !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Oh dear.

Lauda: thank you for brand new tyres, they worked.
    Pirelli guy: no problem, from now on the same tyres will be used for the entire season, but we wont tell the other teams about it.
    Lauda: I appreciate it, dont worry you will get yours 1 million dollars on your bank account.
    Pirelli guy: Ok its a deal, if you want even more durable tyres you can always ask for it. We can design the tyres around your car, so you can win again.
    Lauda: Thats what we thought also.
    Pirelli guy: We will meet again, secret meeting at Canada GP if things wont work for you in next races?
    Lauda: Alees klar, auf wiedersehen.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 12th May 2018 at 21:48.

Kimi needs to meet with Max before the race and get super inspired to win at all costs!!! Max to Kimi : Shut your radio! Oh, and stay awake!!

There is jack seperating the top cars merc probably thought with tyre tread changes that they would have been faster than squat diddly of a difference shows that ferrari have a solid package pirelli and lauda the biggest joke in fi both should be exiled.

Looking at this purely objectively, this seems incredibly contrived and crooked.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Hope this time kimi makes him laugh after turn 1.

Since its a merc on pole I'm afraid it's gonna be a boring race to flag. Hell breaks loose only when ferrari starts on pole. I hope I'm wrong and we have an eventful race.

I see these Pirelli guys, FIA president Todt too much in mercs garage.
    Some how I feel these rules are more favoured towards Merc domination.
    Want to see Todt get down from that post first, then watch how the things move on.
    Todt, Ross, N Tombazis all are our ex Ferrari employees. I’m not saying that they should favour rules for Ferrari, atleast they should show concern.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Since its a merc on pole I'm afraid it's gonna be a boring race to flag. Hell breaks loose only when ferrari starts on pole. I hope I'm wrong and we have an eventful race.
    Only chance to overtake mercs is
    1) at the start
    2) be close in race pace, so that they can undercut or overcut.
    3) SC or VSC

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Only chance to overtake mercs is
    1) at the start
    2) be close in race pace, so that they can undercut or overcut.
    3) SC or VSC
    Getting between the two mercs at the start is crucial, let's see.

Watched 2016 & 2017 race starts. P2 has the better line going into turn 1.
    Although in 2016 it was different story in the end. In 2017 vet would have won until that VSC & bottas blockage happened.

Wts more important in this race is, 2 Ferrari’s should have strong pace not one car that will give big headache to Mercs.

Quick question. If pirelli choose to keep these tyres for the whole season without Informing the teams will Ferrari find out that there is something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Quick question. If pirelli choose to keep these tyres for the whole season without Informing the teams will Ferrari find out that there is something wrong?
    Yes, they will.
    These tires actually weight about 1kg lesser each set, and Pirelli pre inform the team to set their ballast weight accordingly.
    If they tried anything funny, it will show up on the weighing scale.

I don't think Pirelli is trying to make Merc win or anything like that. This time they are probably just a bit too nice to teams request. Merc and RB was complaining about overheating during winter testing.
    And of course, Pirelli do this with the consent of the FIA, so it's not something that is fully up to them.

Only issue is their expectation to have no impact to performance was wrong. Had they been able to better understand the impact, maybe other teams would not have agreed to the change.
    And for me, Merc and Red Bull should have been told to fix their car instead. It was winter testing, plenty of time for them to fix it.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari...-spec-mirrors/

So our innovative mirrors/winglets are banned. Not because they are illegal but because other teams complained. Wow, just wow. What a joke.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yes, they will.
    These tires actually weight about 1kg lesser each set, and Pirelli pre inform the team to set their ballast weight accordingly.

I don't think Pirelli is trying to make Merc win or anything like that. This time they are probably just a bit too nice to teams request. Merc and RB was complaining about overheating during winter testing.
    And of course, Pirelli do this with the consent of the FIA, so it's not something that is fully up to them.

Only issue is their expectation to have no impact to performance was wrong. Had they been able to better understand the impact, maybe other teams would not have agreed to the change.
    And for me, Merc and Red Bull should have been told to fix their car instead. It was winter testing, plenty of time for them to fix it.
    Absolutely agree with you. I don’t know how Pirelli said it doesn’t effect the performance, quite a joke.
    It was only mercs & RB raised the concern there are other 7 teams without concern. So if Pirelli approached FIA on this, FIA should have replied the same as there r other 7teams without problem. But instead of that they went ahead & agreed for change. Such a stupidity.

Absolutely agree with you. I don’t know how Pirelli said it doesn’t effect the performance, quite a joke.
    It was only mercs & RB raised the concern there are other 7 teams without concern. So if Pirelli approached FIA on this, FIA should have replied the same as there r other 7teams without problem. But instead of that they went ahead & agreed for change. Such a stupidity.
    Reducing the thread by 0.4mm effectively made the tyres harder, hence helping Merc. I wonder if the same tyres will be available for the upcoming test after the grand prix ? Why should we accept tyres that havent been tested..i really think we should protest.

it does seem Pirelli have too much power. We should go back to having several tyre suppliers.

This whole weekend seems too staged for me with every prominent person present obviously in the Mercedes garage. I mean c'mon. I understand that they want to make this year competitive but then why didn't they do something the previous years when mercs were rolling over everyone?? I'm pretty sure Liberty is behind this. Their feud with Marchionne seemed quite evident from the start of the year and not long ago Sergio used a friendlier tone in his speeches regarding the Americans. Maybe they showed him that they can crush us anytime they want starting with changes like this one in Barcelona? One can't help but wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

So our innovative mirrors/winglets are banned. Not because they are illegal but because other teams complained. Wow, just wow. What a joke.
    I call it as outsmart other teams & they are caught napping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Yes, they will.

No it was not on 2 counts. First count: It was Barcelona testing and NOT winter testing. During winter testing, it was cold, so cold that it snowed at times. Most teams did'nt even test on a couple of days except for Mclaren who only did 10 laps on one day. Temps on the track were not indicative of ideal conditions.

Count two: During Barcelona testing, where temps we more in ideal, Merc's were the only one's blistering and banding their tyres. No one else had this issue.

I have dozens of pics during winter testing if you would like for me to post.....YES!!!!, all two weeks were freaking cold. I have a couple of pics during Barcelona testing of ONLY the merc's overheating their tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

I call it as outsmart other teams & they are caught napping.
    The FIA told the teams (when the HALO was introduced) that they could mount mirrors on the HALO....NOT mirrors with winglets as an aero device. The mirrors can stay attached to the HALO but the winglets have to go by the next race-->Monaco.

As far as teams "complaining"....they all complain.

The FIA confirms that Paul Di Resta will interview the TOP 3 drivers as soon as they get out of the car. NO MORE PODIUM interviews for the foreseeable future!

If it is wet, I think it won't favor us..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari