Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Morning ladies and gents

Nice day at the Catalunya track for FP1 and FP2

Forza

Wts track temps for the weekend. Little showers for quali ??

RBR seem to have brought a big package, and the past has shown us they are very effective at development.
    In my opinion, RBR is a big threat, for multiple reasons they haven't played a big part in the first few races (Australia: penalty for RIC, VER drivng bad; Bahrian: technical msitakes, VER bad qualy; China: they came into play because of SC; Baku: engine problems in first few laps, after that they were fastes cars on track).
    So I think they could become a big problem.
    Also everyone is talking how Ferrari is much faster than Merc, but in my opinion it's just Lewis who is massively underperforming (apart from Australia). Also, we seem to have an advantage in qualy, so question remains if we will struggle more with reliablity compared to Merc.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    RBR seem to have brought a big package, and the past has shown us they are very effective at development.
    In my opinion, RBR is a big threat, for multiple reasons they haven't played a big part in the first few races (Australia: penalty for RIC, VER drivng bad; Bahrian: technical msitakes, VER bad qualy; China: they came into play because of SC; Baku: engine problems in first few laps, after that they were fastes cars on track).
    So I think they could become a big problem.
    Also everyone is talking how Ferrari is much faster than Merc, but in my opinion it's just Lewis who is massively underperforming (apart from Australia). Also, we seem to have an advantage in qualy, so question remains if we will struggle more with reliablity compared to Merc.
    RB on race pace was quite far from Ferrari in baku.
    In China they got lucky with SC, even we got lucky in Australia.

But on pure pace RB is nowhere in all these races. It’s totally mercs vs Ferrari.

One thing I wanted to point out is, Ferrari can go faster if needed. But due to fuel saving, they aren’t pushing it to the limit which is not needed now.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB on race pace was quite far from Ferrari in baku.
    In China they got lucky with SC, even we got lucky in Australia.

But on pure pace RB is nowhere in all these races. It’s totally mercs vs Ferrari.

One thing I wanted to point out is, Ferrari can go faster if needed. But due to fuel saving, they aren’t pushing it to the limit which is not needed now.
    The first couple of laps they had problems with the battery and they were a lot slower. After these laps they were the fastest car on track... I really don't think they are much of us race pace wise..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Ted says rbr's huge package could give them 0.6tenths even making them the fastest car on the grid. toto was smiling and happy he said too.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

The first couple of laps they had problems with the battery and they were a lot slower. After these laps they were the fastest car on track... I really don't think they are much of us race pace wise..
    agreed
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ted says rbr's huge package could give them 0.6tenths even making them the fastest car on the grid. toto was smiling and happy he said too.
    Oh my god..and practice hasn't even started..

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    Yeah, looks like we are already behind merc & RB.
    Probably not even worthwhile to watch
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    mwk360 must be the most negative guy I have ever saw on a f1 forum.

Kubica come back

Any free links to watch FP1

Thx
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Conditions seem to be difficult

Initial laps suggest McLaren may have found some form with the upgrades ....looks like they're working straight out of the box ... early days though but looks dangerous ..Nando always eeks out the last drops from the car and he has identical lap time as Seb now ..

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Initial laps suggest McLaren may have found some form with the upgrades ....looks like they're working straight out of the box ... early days though but looks dangerous ..Nando always eeks out the last drops from the car and he has identical lap time as Seb now ..
    still early to make conclusions

what RIC said in radio

what is it with Red Bull and crashes?

we're behind the Merc's already....we're DOOMED!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    we're behind the Merc's already....we're DOOMED!!!

Merc seem to be more happy with these new tyres..

Merc seem to be more happy with these new tyres..
    yaeah, how odd....thank you FIA

I think Ferrari are up to something here .........Looks like they're doing the same strat like they did in Baku...........Didn't really do alot of mileage on the first mornings practise..........Maybe they know what they have got underneath them, or they conserving engines ??
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    I think Ferrari are up to something here .........Looks like they're doing the same strat like they did in Baku...........Didn't really do alot of mileage on the first mornings practise..........Maybe they know what they have got underneath them, or they conserving engines ??
    I think a part is definitly engine saving since only 3 engines per season.. FP1 is not really representative I guess

I think a part is definitly engine saving since only 3 engines per season.. FP1 is not really representative I guess

Yip true that.........
    Drive it like you stole it!

Ferrari looking very strong in all types of corners already now in FP1. The car looks stable, both Kimi, Seb could manovuer the car to the way they wanted, turn 3 is flat, turn 9 not yet. Its looking good.

Correct engine saving really what is fp1 its like palates all stretching before we hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    lol

I know still early days etc.
    But isn't it a joke?? In 2013 when we had adapted the car to the tyres and were very good with them, suddenly the tyres get changed and Merc get a free test and after that they start winning and we fall back.. This year again we did a better job and were able to work the tyres in different conditions, Merc not and again they get changed to the liking of Merc..