Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Even taking all the usual FP1 caveats into account.. 1.18.1 time from Bottas is still a stonking time.. full 2 secs faster than last year practice time.. Are the new tyres really helping Mercs ???????

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Even taking all the usual FP1 caveats into account.. 1.18.1 time from Bottas is still a stonking time.. full 2 secs faster than last year practice time.. Are the new tyres really helping Mercs ???????
    They seem to come out and immediatly perform, where the others seem to struggle
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    They seem to come out and immediatly perform, where the others seem to struggle
    Exactly !!!

What fuel load does he have ? Probably running on fumes.

As per numerous reports, this is the weekend when Mercedes will use full power like they used in Melbourne, they were saving it in the past few weeks as confirmed by insider reports.

Hopefully Ferrari can keep Red Bull at bay because Mercedes is out of reach, expect Mercedes pole gap to fastest Ferrari in the range of 6 tenths. Ominous indeed and this will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    As per numerous reports, this is the weekend when Mercedes will use full power like they used in Melbourne, they were saving it in the past few weeks as confirmed by insider reports.

Hopefully Ferrari can keep Red Bull at bay because Mercedes is out of reach, expect Mercedes pole gap to fastest Ferrari in the range of 6 tenths. Ominous indeed and this will set the tone for the rest of the season.
    Nope Ferrari will be ominious this time, the time of Mercedes domination is over. ;)
    I suspect the Mercedes should keep RBR at bay this time, they might be more of a problem then we are, because we should be ahead. Remember that the Q3 tyres will be the SS, which should suit us.

Last year we were nearly 1 second down in P1. I expect a Ferrari pole in Q3 by at least 0,2s if dry.

upload jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

we did 1:17:1 here in testing on US, chill a bit mate

IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE "As per numerous reports" and "confirmed by insider reports"

lol

What an idiotic post Why would Mercedes save its engines and lose races?

I log in and find usual Friday doom and gloom.

We might be saving the engine a lot, look at S1 speed-charts.

Used tyres after FP1.

Numerous reports from where? From craps ville thats where do you think mercedes want to loose races and have been crying wolf please spare all of us from this idiotc post.

Nothing to worry about yet, it's only FP1 in difficult conditions. No way Mercedes is 1s in front. If the gap is true then McLaren would have also made 1.5s gain :)

Very good job by Kubica, faster than Stroll throughout the session.

No worries yet, if ferrari felt they were robbed by tyre changes then there would have been definitely opposed it.
    So no worries. It’s just FP1.

And I thought only 2 cars are allowed per team:
    - Mercedes-AMG: L.Hamilton
    - Mercedes-AMG: V.Bottas
    - Mercedes-AMG: B.Maylander
    Liberty Media what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ted says rbr's huge package could give them 0.6tenths even making them the fastest car on the grid. toto was smiling and happy he said too.
    Good no one knows what we've got. Keeping cards close to chest is something Ferrari are doing very well recently and happy for that to continue. Only Quali and Race will tell full story, until then everyone else can smile!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No worries yet, if ferrari felt they were robbed by tyre changes then there would have been definitely opposed it.
    So no worries. It’s just FP1.
    Why? Did Ferrari complain the last time this happened? No, they sat there and took it. It's only Fp1, but if Merc have found a significant amount of time with this tire change I will be so upset and loose what little faith I had left with the sport.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Guys, this tire construction change is only for few GPs right? Not for all the tracks. At least that is what I understood it as.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Guys, this tire construction change is only for few GPs right? Not for all the tracks. At least that is what I understood it as.
    I think its only for this track and 2 others.

yes 3 tracks total

It's going to be SpanishGP again!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc6ponVW0AAZPhM.jpg

[QUOTE=stefa;972486]I log in and find usual Friday doom and gloom.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Does someone have F1 TV? I have a delay of almost 1 minute compared to the app..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Huhhhh even with copy design & technical info shared that haas car always spins around each track they race. Atleast in the hands of RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Does someone have F1 TV? I have a delay of almost 1 minute compared to the app..
    F1 TV app??

I sense Charles Leclerc joining haas in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    F1 TV app??
    timing app

We seem to struggle to get all the sectors together.. Mercs no issues with hotter temps