Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    More bad luck for Kimi, new engine will be put in which puts him on the back foot for the rest of the season
    I he can’t win a race on his own merit, he will be playing 2nd fiddle to seb going fwd.

Problem with kimi is, he’s on top form in quali. But in race, he’s not able to convert that into race win.

Back then, Pirelli claims the tire changes will be an 'invisible' change
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...--paul-ri.html

If we see it impacting our performance, then Ferrari should challenge them.

I don't see anywhere it mention that the changes were safety related. If Ferrari was able to work the new tires while other team is suffering from overheating, then that's their problem. Not like Ferrari have a different law of physics on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Problem with kimi is, he’s on top form in quali. But in race, he’s not able to convert that into race win.
    The problem with Seb is, occasionally he's on top form in quali. But come race time he's not able to convert that into a win, and not even a spot on the podium. Kimi deserves the #1 spot as of the last race. The only problem with Kimi is he's not on top of his car, he's depending on the team mechanics too much. He needs to do the pre race adjustments himself on his ride esp. the engine. Anyone can get in a car and drive, except maybe Seb as of lately. Bad luck is always a good excuse. A podium spot for driver and Ferrari is not that bad. Ferrari fans need Kimi on the podium like last race, or a win until Seb's bad luck changes. Imagine Ferrari letting Seb and Kimi race each other like @ Red Bull! As long as there are no injuries, F1 fans need the action! Max is the man! Forget team orders, they aren't helping Ferrari's #1 guy at all.

I think its a lot cooler than yesterday. Those SS might be work better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The problem with Seb is, occasionally he's on top form in quali. But come race time he's not able to convert that into a win, and not even a spot on the podium. Kimi deserves the #1 spot as of the last race. The only problem with Kimi is he's not on top of his car, he's depending on the team mechanics too much. He needs to do the pre race adjustments himself on his ride esp. the engine. Anyone can get in a car and drive, except maybe Seb as of lately. Bad luck is always a good excuse. A podium spot for driver and Ferrari is not that bad. Ferrari fans need Kimi on the podium like last race, or a win until Seb's bad luck changes. Imagine Ferrari letting Seb and Kimi race each other like @ Red Bull! As long as there are no injuries, F1 fans need the action! Max is the man! Forget team orders, they aren't helping Ferrari's #1 guy at all.
    Until Kimi wins a race, there can be no talk about him being in the title hunt. I agree he should be left alone until he is a certain number of points behind seb, if that will happen. Ferrari showed they are ready to sacrifice him as soon as race 3, which I dont agree with. The most important thing, is that both of our boys have the tools to win races and challenge for WDC and WCC. Ferrari have built a great car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

I don't see anywhere it mention that the changes were safety related. If Ferrari was able to work the new tires while other team is suffering from overheating, then that's their problem. Not like Ferrari have a different law of physics on the car.
    Quite agree with you Hornet, every time we seem to be getting it right the FIA and Merc/RBR try to spoil the party. As regards all the pre-race negativity being shown by posts on TSN, it really does put a downer on our state of mind and makes every race a complete nerve-shredder. Let's try to be positive and enjoy the competition, we all want the same result and we win or lose together, so please don't keep knocking the team or drivers, it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    This is not a criticism of anyone in particular, more a note for people and the mods.

I’ve basically abandoned this forum in favour of F1 technical. You can have much more rational, informative conversations will intelligent, like minded people there. No one says things like “Ferrari should focus on the next race because this one is lost” after Friday practice - because people there are intelligent enough to know how ridiculous a statement like that is.

The toxicity here is horrendous. So many people on here are truly sore losers and it brings everyone down.

Every race a similar discussion to this starts and everyone defends their right to be “passionate” etc etc. however, you’re ruining one of the only places on the Internet where Ferrari fans can come and discuss and enjoy each other’s mutual love of Ferrari and f1. You’re ruining it.

All the actual useful info on here can be obtained from other f1 forums and twitter. This place is for Ferrari people specifically, and it makes me sad that I HATE coming here.
    100% with you.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

This people with bad fair-play should start to watch and enjoy E-FORMULA

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

NEW GEARBOXES for Valtteri Bottas, Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen and Esteban Ocon after failing to complete the last race in Baku. Hulkenberg and Grosjean will also receive NEW GEARBOXES after using a spare gearbox in Baku.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-y5uJX0AAyxj2.jpg

Renault F1 Sport doing a "look-over" of the MCL33 B with "I-pad" in hand during the weigh in this morning......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-xvvOWkAADmh8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-qgctW0AEJGXl.jpg

looks good to me.....finally!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-ykxWWAAABEM0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

If it’s effecting Ferrari, they should raise it to FIA. These mid season changes are completely senseless.
    It was mercs who first raised the concern, Pirelli are literally hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    NEW GEARBOXES for Valtteri Bottas, Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen and Esteban Ocon after failing to complete the last race in Baku. Hulkenberg and Grosjean will also receive NEW GEARBOXES after using a spare gearbox in Baku.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-y5uJX0AAyxj2.jpg

Renault F1 Sport doing a "look-over" of the MCL33 B with "I-pad" in hand during the weigh in this morning......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-xvvOWkAADmh8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-qgctW0AEJGXl.jpg

looks good to me.....finally!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc-ykxWWAAABEM0.jpg
    New gearbox without penalty right, as they didn’t finish last race.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Melnourne Mercs dominated quali and race pace. I think in bahrain ferrari and mercedes and rb all three were matched in race pace. Mercs and RB seemed quicker in the race in china whilst ferrari dominated in qualifying, plus we saw how bottas beat seb after pit stops. and i agree the tyre deg has been really bad for seb when compared directly to rivals as seen in Baku and first stint in Bahrain. RB and Bottas seem to go much longer and increase pace whilst seb is forced to pit early. If Ferrari's major update that wings on halo is banned than others are going to get a big jump in the development race especially RB with neweys genius bargeboards.

Lack of data thanks to unreliability will hurt both kimi and seb getting setup ready. it supposed to rain at night so maybe conditions will be more favorable for ferrari somehow tomorrow. crossing fingers. Mattia has his hands full hope he can figure it out asap
    Yeah and we won Bahrain on on tyres that were beyond their recommended age. How was RB quicker than Ferrari in China on the same tyres?

Both in China and Baku, we pitted after the car in second pitted. So you really believe our major update is the wings on halo and thats what our team has been doing all this time while you appreciate Newey's 'genius' bargeboards? This is gloom spreading at its best!

Thumbs up

The mirrors are still attached ob the halo this morning
    https://twitter.com/...8150506496?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Quite agree with you Hornet, every time we seem to be getting it right the FIA and Merc/RBR try to spoil the party. As regards all the pre-race negativity being shown by posts on TSN, it really does put a downer on our state of mind and makes every race a complete nerve-shredder. Let's try to be positive and enjoy the competition, we all want the same result and we win or lose together, so please don't keep knocking the team or drivers, it's depressing.
    Well said

I am with you!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    New gearbox without penalty right, as they didn’t finish last race.

yep

How many races has Ham completed without DNF now? I'm not even counting anymore

you still think we are sandbaging?
    The mercs are just faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Cule View Post
    Did they set the times on S or SS?

pole should be around 1.16, so...not so serious driving yet

Mercs on Soft
    We are on SS

Mercs on Soft
    We are on SS
    They will probably try Q2 with medium Q3 with Softs

No way we can get pole here.
    We are just slow...

Will we ever do something about Pirelli and Merc relationship

No way we can get pole here.
    We are just slow...
    Shut up!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    pole should be around 1.16, so...not so serious driving yet
    Both Mercedes times are very close to that mark... Just saying...

For the record, I am not bashing Ferrari or their capabilities. I am upset with the FIA, F1 and Pirelli for bowing to Mercs demands once again. Making all our hard work over the winter developing a great car worthless. It's a joke. Can't beat us on track anymore, get the rules bent in your favour. Hamilton "Ferrari are sandbagging" smug rat.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I am not into conspiracy theories, but any time Pirelli changes their tires Mercedes is very fast

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Both Mercedes times are very close to that mark... Just saying...
    usually FP3 and quali difference is about 1-1.5 sec, so under 1.16 or right there, nothing to worry yet

What was the reason beyond for Pirelli changing tires?