Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

Grow some palle arivabene and stand up get some mongrel dna into you dont worry about totto and his comments he is winning other wise ariverdechi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He means all teams even Merc?
    Excluding mercs, because they were the ones who asked for change.

Ferrari need to start being more ruthless.

How can a car from being dominant ala Ferrari (Vettel) Baku style in the race goes to more than half second slower in 2 weeks time I dont undestand. Its the tyres, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Ferrari need to start being more ruthless.
    Yup..!! They are being on defensive off late. FIA & liberty team isn’t taking damn care about our team.

My thoughts on the race,

Very disappointing, and unusual race weekend for us.
    I believe that for whatever reason, we just couldn't get the tires to work.

Look at what happened in qualifying. No matter how bad the car is, Soft tires faster than SS is something that doesn't make sense.
    And in the race, our tire wear was very bad. We're the only top team that had to pit 2 times to change tires.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that we're not able to get them into temperature in the colder weather, and we ended up sliding more and wearing them off.

Maybe Merc and Red Bull have upgraded their car in significant way, but that should not cause Ferrari to suddenly struggle with tire wear.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Grow some palle arivabene and stand up get some mongrel dna into you dont worry about totto and his comments he is winning other wise ariverdechi.
    WHO, arivabene???? he cannot even speak proper english let alone stand up for Ferrari.....we need the big boss (Sergio M) with the big cojones to say something....that is if he's got them
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

https://youtu.be/Wp7hLDKA1Rg

Vettel's post race interview.

Amazing how he is so calm after the previous 3 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    My thoughts on the race,

Look at what happened in qualifying. No matter how bad the car is, Soft tires faster than SS is something that doesn't make sense.
    And in the race, our tire wear was very bad. We're the only top team that had to pit 2 times to change tires.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that we're not able to get them into temperature in the colder weather, and we ended up sliding more and wearing them off.

Maybe Merc and Red Bull have upgraded their car in significant way, but that should not cause Ferrari to suddenly struggle with tire wear.
    The problem with this is, we haven't had any tyre issues in the first 4 races (on the contrary), which are completely different tracks in different circumstances (warm-cold), now suddenly we struggle this much and Merc don't struggle at all.. Perhaps Merc have done a very good update on their car, but how do you explain our problems with the tyres..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

My thoughts on the race,

One point I don’t understand is wts use of SS, if S are better than SS. These tyres are big joke. Less degradation means can go longer. If there’s degradation they increase or decrease tyre tread wow wt a game by Pirelli.

You can take comfort in the fact that there were no strategy calls today to be made that would change the Merc 1-2. The only mistake cost Seb and the team 3 points (4th instead of 3rd). Yes, it might come back and haunt both Seb and the team but hopefully not. Even in a best case scenario with Seb infront of Bottas I believe Bottas would find a way to get by Seb in the end. They were that much quicker. Track characteristics, temp and the new tyres tipped the scale today.

By the way, Leclerc seems like the real deal. He's scoring points in a car that shouldn't be near the points and he's driving smart.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    With that mercs engine, he’s not gonna get. It’s bullet proof.
    Crashtappen could always crash into him.

And we saw earlier this year, if he gets down in the championship, and has pressure, he'll make mistakes. But unfortuantely, our bad luck has put him in a comfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    They have changed structure of tire. Thread is 0.4mm difference. I dont care how much you talk about it being "small difference" but clearly Hamilton, who just said its first time his car felt perfect, and Maurizio/Vettel, who said tires are different this week, think otherwise.

So, taking off .4mm of tyre/tire has to do with tread depth as in shaving it off. 2013 had to do with the construction of the tyre/tires by Pirelli employing kevlar into the tyre/tire for structural rigidity.

Look, I don't like this power triad with Pirelli, Mercedes and the FIA. It should have never happened. If Mercedes had issues in Barcelona with tyres/tires then Mercedes should have fixed their car....everyone else in Barcelona had no issues...just Mercedes.

On Vettel's 2nd pit stop (Ocon's VSC), Mercedes "looked" like they were going to pit stop only to fake it.....Ferrari fell for it and we lost 2 places to Bottas and Max. This is not the first time we have fell for this ruse.

Difference between P1 and P2:

AUS: 5 sec
    BAH: 0,6 sec
    CHN: 8,8 sec
    AZB: 2,5 sec

--- Mercedes magic --- (Pirelli)

ESP: 20 sec!!!

Hey Ho!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

We should remember how lightly Mercedes got away in the wake of Catalunya secret test in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    The problem with this is, we haven't had any tyre issues in the first 4 races (on the contrary), which are completely different tracks in different circumstances (warm-cold), now suddenly we struggle this much and Merc don't struggle at all.. Perhaps Merc have done a very good update on their car, but how do you explain our problems with the tyres..
    The new tires are made to run cooler.
    "Pirelli found in pre-season testing that the new asphalt at Spain’s Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya produced more grip and less tyre wear, which means more rubber stayed on the tyre which in turn can lead to surface overheating."
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...--paul-ri.html

So, it may be that the teams that were generating too much heat, will now be just right to compensate for the cooler tire temp.

But teams that have been generating just right amount of temp, end up not able to get them up to temp, do the the tire running cooler.

Just a guess of course. But I hope Ferrari will be able to better understand what really went wrong

"Pirelli found in pre-season testing that the new asphalt at Spain’s Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya produced more grip and less tyre wear, which means more rubber stayed on the tyre which in turn can lead to surface overheating."

So, it may be that the teams that were generating too much heat, will now be just right to compensate for the cooler tire temp.

But teams that have been generating just right amount of temp, end up not able to get them up to temp, do the the tire running cooler.

Just a guess of course. But I hope Ferrari will be able to better understand what really went wrong
    So if they had to do it why not just spain ?

But if the main problem was SS, that's good right? Because than it would really be a qualy tyre for a short first stint.. In 2011 RBR won here with a 4 stop, in 2013 we won here with a 4 stop.. Now only a 1 stop, why is it suddenly a problem? It's clear that this change had a huge impact on the race and therefore championship, no? And there isn't any argument concerning safety.

On another note: the media was talking a lot about Ferrari wings etc, eventhough they were labeled legal by FIA, nothing mentioned about Pirelli changing tyres because Merc wanted it.. So biased
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So if they had to do it why not just spain ?
    There are 3 tracks that have new asphalt this year.

Pirelli seem to believe it is due to new asphalt surface, so are bringing this solution to all 3 tracks.

Ferrari will have to fix this pronto and give a true stafement on the matter to there fans globally iam expecting a true response and not some fia pirelli contrived bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He means all teams even Merc?
    Well Merc requested this change so makes no difference for them
    Red is the only color!!!

I hope we are getting rid of all the bad luck early on in the season.

I look back at the 2007 season where Kimi had a poor run of 4 races starting with a retirement in Spain, an eighth place finish in Monaco, a fifth place finish in Canada, and a fourth place finish in the USA and he still pulled away with a title even when Ferrari seemed slower than Mclaren.

I have hope that the team will be able to figure out what was wrong with the tyres just like they figured out the problems we had in Australia.

Have faith people.

Everything about this race was complete and utter hit. Everything.

Merc/Pirelli cheated. Ferrari can't seem to grow a pair after years and years of unfair advantages being handed to their compeditors.

They're Italian for Christ's sake. Someone needs to wake up wth a horse's head in their bed. Someone needs to have a broken kneecap or two. Someone needs to be sleeping with the fishes.

I don't think we need to panic for the next 2 times these Mercedes tyres are used.

Ferrari I'm sure collected enough data this weekend on these tyres to make some changes on the car come next time these tyres are used

if we were having problems heating them up then they need to focus on a car set up and areo bits that puts more energy into the tyres.

I honestly don't think Merc is suddenly ahead of us. they cant reduce the gap we had on them with just one update package when we also didn't stand still and wait for them to catch up. Seb said all the updates we brought to this weekend were working very well so there has to be the tyre anomaly

I also don't think the changes on oil burning affected us at all. we were 0.1s behind merc on a slower tyre in qualy.

i think vettel turned up the motor on the last lap coz he was 2.5s down on max and only finished 0.7s behind which also begs the question why didn't he do it sooner ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Well bad day at the office, very bad strategy, very bad pace, Mercedes was 1 second per lap faster, this is the tyres. I dont care anymore, because I suspected this. Poor Kimi, Seb was second and the team destroyed his races, bravo! I am getting used of it, and I am not very suprised.
    Yeah, everything Seb does is great, everything team does is poor. Vettel is in a position to win races because of the team, so some respect for the team please

My thoughts on the race,

100% agree! A little too much panic on here for me. I think Ferrari need to scour the data from this race very closely to plan for the other 2 tracks where we'll see these same tyres. Would have felt better if Seb had been able to challenge Max for 3rd, but at least he came away with some points. Still all to play for.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I think the tyres lost us this race, and I don’t think that is hyperbole. It will be interesting to see where we stack up in Monaco, particularly against redbull who should be stronger than merc there (in theory). If we’re back to pre-Spain perfromnce levels then it is a really glaring interference by Pirelli. I hate conspiracy theories, but this is being supported by Arrivabene and Vettel so if they’re feeling hard done by, then chances are it is pretty legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think the tyres lost us this race, and I don’t think that is hyperbole. It will be interesting to see where we stack up in Monaco, particularly against redbull who should be stronger than merc there (in theory). If we’re back to pre-Spain perfromnce levels then it is a really glaring interference by Pirelli. I hate conspiracy theories, but this is being supported by Arrivabene and Vettel so if they’re feeling hard done by, then chances are it is pretty legitimate.
    Tyres hurt us because mercedes gained so much and ferrari lost their advantage so in the end the gap in todays race was HUGE. Plus we were eatig through our tires like rabbits. So in the end its a merc 1-2 and we cant overtake a res bull with a damaged front wong lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Of course it's legitimate and not a conspiracy theory. It's simply just a conspiracy by Pirelli and Merc, but we all knew it was on the cards at this circuit.

Ferrari can always pull a stunt at Paul Ricard like the Michelin teams did at Indy 2005. I know they will never stoop that low but it's a possibility. Depends on if we're still in the title hunt after Canada.

The slight edge we had in the first races has evaporated. Reality has finally hit and very hard. Again, 3rd best car. I was going to buy F1 TV service but after seeing a bit into the future (Ferrari’s continued mediocrity), not a chance in hell of that ever happening. Boring.