Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    So even if Mercedes and Red Bull have tyres that suit them for 3 races that means Ferrari have tyres that suit them for 18 races right, and yet Ferrari fans are losing their minds all over the place lol.
    You have completely missed the point. The cars are designed to suit the tires, not the other way around. The tires shouldn't suit ANY team's car. Ferrari designed the car a certain way, and now the tires have been changed to suit the cars of two of their rivals. If you're a Ferrari fan, you won't be laughing if the point advantage makes the difference in the championship at the end of the season.

Disappointed Since 2010

So even if Mercedes and Red Bull have tyres that suit them for 3 races that means Ferrari have tyres that suit them for 18 races right, and yet Ferrari fans are losing their minds all over the place lol.
    Pirelli is not here to design tires during season that will suit different teams depending on performance on track. They designed default tires, and its up to teams to get it right. If one team can exploit 100% only modified tires, then that should not fly, tough luck, its their problem. What you are saying is "Ferrari gets their tires for 18 races, and Merc only for 3", wheres everyone should get default tires for 21 races, and who gets it best, wins.

So we can have Pirelli design tyres perfect for Ferrari for 3 races! That's a great idea

Some good news guys.

Tomorrow (in season tests) Seb will drive the SF71H and according to #FUnoAT (http://www.f1analisi...effettuate.html), Pirelli has accepted the petition of certain teams to bring the original tyres , probably to compare with the thinner tread specification.

Thats the best way to prove if the overheating and blistering issues are real.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Some good news guys.

Tomorrow (in season tests) Seb will drive the SF71H and according to #FUnoAT (http://www.f1analisi...effettuate.html), Pirelli has accepted the petition of certain teams to bring the original tyres , probably to compare with the thinner tread specification.

Cheers.
    Very good.

However, I believe this test should have been scheduled prior to their actual utilization.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    However, I believe this test should have been scheduled prior to their actual utilization.
    Yes, that would have been the fair and correct way to do it!

Some good news guys.

Cheers.
    That’s good... vettel & Ferrari should make full utilise of it.

Some good news guys.

Cheers.
    On other note, I see Pirelli agreeing to it because they might be planning to get this tyres for rest races as well

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    On other note, I see Pirelli agreeing to it because they might be planning to get this tyres for rest races as well
    I am very interested to see the time difference between Ferrari's new and old tires. If they lose any time and they're rammed down Ferrari's throats anyway, then I am really sad to say that I will boycott F1.

Disappointed Since 2010

Me to it will show what a circus it really is and ferrari should pull out and let the clowns run the show .

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No they are not.
    Forza Ferrari

If it's true that Mercedes shared some of their tech with Ferrari, I can kind of understand Ferrari wanting to repay that favor with a favor of their own. It's possibly part of the larger scheme of things...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I am very interested to see the time difference between Ferrari's new and old tires. If they lose any time and they're rammed down Ferrari's throats anyway, then I am really sad to say that I will boycott F1.
    I fully expect a much better time laps from Ferrari tomorrow (also better tyre deg) on the old-tyres than on this Mercedes made one. I see at least 0,5 difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If it's true that Mercedes shared some of their tech with Ferrari, I can kind of understand Ferrari wanting to repay that favor with a favor of their own. It's possibly part of the larger scheme of things...
    Do you think there's any credibility to those rumors, Tony? I can't imagine Mercedes would share anything with Ferrari, especially since Ferrari did such a great job last year.

Disappointed Since 2010

A good example of the importance of tires was last race, Kimi had no engine! He sure as hell would have IMO had a podium spot the way he's been driving. Formula -Pirelli has been taken over by 98% tire concerns; more than even putting a set of mirrors in the right place on the cars ! Even the posts here are almost only about tires. At least Kimi finished his last race with his tires in A1 shape.

I searched for all the photos but could not see any mercs update except for a flap on the front suspension. I dont think thats worth 1 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    I searched for all the photos but could not see any mercs update except for a flap on the front suspension.

I have'nt seen any either except for that flap on the front suspension. Scarbs did'nt post any along with others who are pretty good at spotting "updates."

So Ferrari pitted (2nd pit stop) Seb on lap 41(66 laps in this race (when the VSC came out for Ocon)). The SS's remaining were used and NOT new. The only remaining tyre/tire left were the mediums. IMO, Ferrari thought the SS's would not go the distance for the remaining 25 laps.

The 0.4mm change in tyre/tire cost Seb valuable pts. and track position in this race. It inevitably was a 2 stopper for Seb due to tyre/tire deg. on the mediums on the rears; not so for Mercedes.

If 1 team is cooking the tyres during Barcelona testing, tough s***. It's your problem so you freakin fix it.

Pirelli should have left the tyres/tires as is for the whole season after Barcelona testing....period.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I have'nt seen any either except for that flap on the front suspension. Scarbs did'nt post any along with others who are pretty good at spotting "updates."

So Ferrari pitted (2nd pit stop) Seb on lap 41(66 laps in this race (when the VSC came out for Ocon)). The SS's remaining were used and NOT new. The only remaining tyre/tire left were the mediums. IMO, Ferrari thought the SS's would not go the distance for the remaining 25 laps.

The 0.4mm change in tyre/tire cost Seb valuable pts. and track position in this race. It inevitably was a 2 stopper for Seb due to tyre/tire deg. on the mediums on the rears; not so for Mercedes.

If 1 team is cooking the tyres during Barcelona testing, tough s***. It's your problem so you freakin fix it.

Pirelli should have left the tyres/tires as is for the whole season after Barcelona testing....period.
    Canada will be very interesting to see whether it was the new tires or Merc really improved their car overall. In Canada we are back on the previous tires right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Canada will be very interesting to see whether it was the new tires or Merc really improved their car overall. In Canada we are back on the previous tires right?
    previous tires back in monaco also
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, the new tires as i read will be used next only in Silverstone and Paul Ricard. So if we are really better, this won't hurt us much, we just need to maximize our gains according to situation and control damage as much as possible. It's a long season.

Monaco has the hypersofts which Merc didn't really test in the pre-season. I expect Red Bull and Ferrari to out qualify them.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yep

Yeah, the new tires as i read will be used next only in Silverstone and Paul Ricard. So if we are really better, this won't hurt us much, we just need to maximize our gains according to situation and control damage as much as possible. It's a long season.
    Silverstone is Merc's track. Paul Ricard is a toss up under these new hybrid era cars. Mercedes might have the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Monaco has the hypersofts which Merc didn't really test in the pre-season. I expect Red Bull and Ferrari to out qualify them.
    yep, hypersofts were not tested with Mercedes. Monaco is a high downforce track so RedBull look like the favorite. We just need P1 and P2. It's a procession track from there.

Going over any short comings Ferrari may have had last race ,we stand a medium to soft chance to get a win next race . Seb took a medium to hard stand during interviews. Hopefully the team was listening. Kimi on the other hand , bad engine and all, chose a ultra soft opinion on his bad engine problem in the hopes of a better car next race. Formula Pirelli needs Ferrari to win a few in a hurry to keep fans interested in how the rubber meets the road next few races.

so if we assume RBR will be fastest car in Monaco, that would make Ricciardo favourite as Max will probably crash at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Going over any short comings Ferrari may have had last race ,we stand a medium to soft chance to get a win next race . Seb took a medium to hard stand during interviews. Hopefully the team was listening. Kimi on the other hand , bad engine and all, chose a ultra soft opinion on his bad engine problem in the hopes of a better car next race. Formula Pirelli needs Ferrari to win a few in a hurry to keep fans interested in how the rubber meets the road next few races.
    Looks like you are not the only one who also feels that way, that many races are scripted. Dont know why but after that Barcelona GP I just had a good laught, and feeling that better times might soon come.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    I searched for all the photos but could not see any mercs update except for a flap on the front suspension. I dont think thats worth 1 sec?
    they had new diffuser. And little tweaks here and there on floor and suspension.

Merc are now reaching plateau of developement of the car.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Kimi Raikkonen's first power unit is DEAD and his second power unit suffered an electrical glitch. --> . https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...k-out-1037649/

Pics this morning from testing in Barcelona

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdN-5ihXcAAoT77.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOF6Q9WAAA_sN4.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOG8l1XcAA44RG.jpg (Seb with aero rakes)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdODcuHW4AEL6GF.jpg (Seb with aero rakes)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOMo7KX4AASudN.jpg (Seb with aero rakes)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOJpg0W4AEQQiK.jpg(RedBull with aero rakes)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOLnf2WkAAAQhZ.jpg (Mercedes with aero rakes)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    they had new diffuser. And little tweaks here and there on floor and suspension.

Merc are now reaching plateau of developement of the car.
    Here's the W09 after the Spanish GP at Parc Ferme

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdL9IpWWAAADZYv.jpg (rear diffuser)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdL9tK0W4AMbcFj.jpg (rear diffuser)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdL-dwUX4AE_Ldm.jpg (left tyre after the race)

No one has indicated this a "new diffuser" that I'm aware of.

Barcelona Pirelli testing

Mercedes are testing a new light sytem on the rear wing. AKA copying the LMP1 light system.

also something coming out of the fin...exhaust/heat vent from the TC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOWcbMWkAEJAhQ.jpg

another view

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdOcP3GXkAI5WFT.jpg
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 15th May 2018 at 09:00.

Should be all banned like our mirrors the other complaining teams could not design it nor could they copy it so they get it banned ferrari create the others copy.