Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/896086...n-normal-tyres

Vettel says we would have done worse on the old tyres.

Our car is built around the regular tyres that we used for the past 4 races in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    https://www.crash.net/f1/news/896086...n-normal-tyres

Vettel says we would have done worse on the old tyres.

Our car is built around the regular tyres that we used for the past 4 races in my opinion.
    So the tyre change also helped us....amazing lol
    Forza Ferrari

I think there is something bigger at play here. Perhaps battery issue or something where we are trying to gain pts with FIA.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I think there is something bigger at play here. Perhaps battery issue or something where we are trying to gain pts with FIA.
    Yup, my reaction too after vettel’s statement.

My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Apparently they got even worse blisters with older tyres (pre 0.4 reduction)

Attachment 7440
    It's all down to how bad it would have affected Merc with the old tyres. Just because it would have affected everyone doesn't mean it would have affected everyone the same. We might have been quicker or just as quick, relatively to the tyre, as Merc. Meaning, they might have lost even more performance than us with the old (original) tyres. That's why it was wrong to make this in-season change. Maybe Merc would need three-stoppers, or four.

Yeah we faked the blisters all over the tyres as well just to be nice to the FIA, seriously....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    It's all down to how bad it would have affected Merc with the old tyres. Just because it would have affected everyone doesn't mean it would have affected everyone the same. We might have been quicker or just as quick, relatively to the tyre, as Merc. Meaning, they might have lost even more performance than us with the old (original) tyres. That's why it was wrong to make this in-season change.
    Seb says we would have been worse off, time to move on really.
    Forza Ferrari

well if it wasn't the tyres, then what caused our lack of pace?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb says we would have been worse off, time to move on really.
    And I'm saying Merc could have been even worse off than we would have been. It's all realtive to the other teams performances. If you're two seconds slower and your rivals are three seconds slower, who will likely win the race?

And I'm saying Merc could have been even worse off than we would have been. It's all realtive to the other teams performances. If you're two seconds slower and your rivals are three seconds slower, who will likely win the race?
    Merc was hooked up here, they got it right and destroyed us in race pace sadly. It's a good track for them.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well if it wasn't the tyres, then what caused our lack of pace?
    I wonder that myself

Merc was hooked up here, they got it right and destroyed us in race pace sadly. It's a good track for them.
    Yes, it's a very good track for Merc and especially Hamilton. But if Pirelli were so concerned with the middle spectrum of the compounds why didn't they just bring the super hard, hard and medium tyres (maybe softs for quali only) to Barcelona? At least it would have been the old spec. Instead weeks ago they decided it would be softer compounds than usual for Barcelona. Why have they invented the super hard tyre anyway?

I look at these things and have questions what the team is doing:

In Bahrain, Ferrari had a machine that could do 30+ laps on the soft tire, and in Seb's hands passed the car of Lewis Hamilton at racing speed.

Three races later, Ferrari can barely do 20 laps on the medium tire, Seb cannot pass a RB when the RB has a damaged front wing, and Seb says he could not have finished in Spain w/o a second stop.

Right here let's stop and ask ourselves...what is going on?

Over those three races we have steadily "evolved" our aero package, which basically means we have chunked more downforce onto the car. This is probably the best way to win poles in F1 now, but this also destroys your tires in modern F1 (thus Merc w/ best power/aero package needing to run on hardest tires). Merc has gone the opposite route from Ferrari now though...they have eased up on their tire issues by shaving downforce.

So far this season the pole sitter has won 2 of 5 races. How important is pole this season, especially if Liberty is going to continue to use the SC to alter races?

How important was pole position to RB winning in China? They won that race by using the faster compound of tire than all the cars they passed at the end to win.

What seems obvious after five races in 2018 is that grid position is not as important as leveraging use of the fastest tires in the race itself.

Is Ferrari paying attention to how races are actually playing out this year???

Once again, I will ask:

Where is the Ferrari that could do 30+ laps on the soft tire in Bahrain? That car was on the pole of that race and it won the race.

Doing 30 laps at one track does not mean you can do it at every track, SC helped RB win in China. Every SC this season has been pretty obviously needed there is no conspiracy.
    Forza Ferrari

Well, after reading Vettels statements and testing, it would seem Ferrari needs to do their homework.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, after reading Vettels statements and testing, it would seem Ferrari needs to do their homework.
    ^this.....totally agree
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I simply don't get it, the taxi's are competitive for years now and when Ferrari is competitive for a few races then our secrets leak and we are done for.

Who the hell keeps leaking our technical stuff...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

So nobody can or wants to answer my question why Pirelli didn't bring the super hard and hard tyres to Barcelona if they had a concern about blisters? Why change the specs if you can go down a different route with the original compounds? When will the super hard and hard tyres be used if not at Barcelona?

So nobody can or wants to answer my question why Pirelli didn't bring the super hard and hard tyres to Barcelona if they had a concern about blisters? Why change the specs if you can go down a different route with the original compounds? When will the super hard and hard tyres be used if not at Barcelona?
    I honestly do not know. They (all teams) did'nt even use the hard compound last year!!!! The wets (inters and full) got more action than the hards last year. I don't know why Pirelli makes them (then--> hard) now (hard and super-hard).

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    I simply don't get it, the taxi's are competitive for years now and when Ferrari is competitive for a few races then our secrets leak and we are done for.

Who the hell keeps leaking our technical stuff...
    Allison, Sassi and evry other employee who left Ferrari

I honestly do not know. They (all teams) did'nt even use the hard compound last year!!!! The wets (inters and full) got more action than the hards last year. I don't know why Pirelli makes them (then--> hard) now (hard and super-hard).
    Pirelli always said the two hardest compounds were like an insurance policy against unforeseen tyre wear so that they always could react if they needed to. Well, if this wasn't one of those occasions, and they knew for weeks in advance, then I don't know what is. Instead of chaning the entire tyre spec they should obviously have gone down the harder compound route. Then all this controversy wouldn't have happened.

Besides, this is the first time ever I don't believe Seb. I don't believe he believes it himself either. There has to be something more to the big picture. On the other hand, like I said above, it might have been even worse for Ferrari with the original tyres but it might also have been even worse than that for Merc (maybe three-stoppers).

You don't believe Seb but you can't ignore the pictures lol
    Forza Ferrari

You don't believe Seb but you can't ignore the pictures lol
    What pictures are that? A picture of the back of the car with a worn rear left that you can't even tell the compound? How many laps did it do? How much fuel on board? Any lock-ups by the driver?

What pictures are that? A picture of the back of the car with a worn rear left that you can't even tell the compound? How many laps did it do? How much fuel on board? Any lock-ups by the driver?

Worn? its blistered, lock up? this is the rear tyre....but yeah you can just say Seb is lying off course and deny everything else
    Forza Ferrari

Worn? its blistered, lock up? this is the rear tyre....but yeah you can just say Seb is lying off course and deny everything else
    Yes, lock-up. Look at the front right, if we're talking about the same photo. If you have a massive lock-up and slide in the breaking zone or sideways through a corner you can have the same type of damage as seen on the left rear. And again, how many laps did that set do? The fuel load? Seb did some two race distances today. Besides, I never said Seb lied. I said he's saying something that doesn't make sense but it could be planned for some other reason. You have already made up your mind because some posters here were kind of cruel to you yesterday. So that's your defense which makes it pointless to discuss any further.

Yes, lock-up. Look at the front right, if we're talking about the same photo. If you have a massive lock-up and slide in the breaking zone or sideways through a corner you can have the same type of damage as seen on the left rear. And again, how many laps did that set do? The fuel load? Seb did some two race distances today. Besides, I never said Seb lied. I said he's saying something that doesn't make sense but it could be planned for some other reason. You have already made up your mind because some posters here were kind of cruel to you yesterday. So that's your defense which makes it pointless to discuss any further.
    Yeah we see rear tyres like that every weekend when drivers lock up....errr no. Seb says we would have been worse with the normal tyres, so either it's true or he is lying you have decided he is lying as it suits you, so your defence is making it pointless to discuss any further. At least my point has some sort of evidence rather than you just deciding Seb is lying and everything else is wrong LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Besides, this is the first time ever I don't believe Seb. I don't believe he believes it himself either. There has to be something more to the big picture. On the other hand, like I said above, it might have been even worse for Ferrari with the original tyres but it might also have been even worse than that for Merc (maybe three-stoppers).
    Look 512TR, I'm quite stumbled to. I was for sure thinking the tests would go for the older compound but I was wrong and have to take Sebs word for what it is.

We really have alot of work to do. I don't know what we did wrong with Seb's car. Maybe the set-up was all wrong or too much downforce....I really don't know. I do know about Kimi's car...I mean we can put an engine back in 2hrs when both teams work together but we can't put a new engine overnight

We are going up against one of the most organized teams in all aspects and we cannot be making blunders like this. The only blunder Mercedes has made this year was some computer software having to do with the safety car...that's it (or at least I can remember). As much as I hate and loathe them, they run almost perfect!!!

Btw Vettel said that the car was exactly the same like on Sunday. No changes or updates.....
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 15th May 2018 at 19:25.

So after all we've been outplayed in develompent game (again) from Mercedes and Red Bull!?

Yeah we see rear tyres like that every weekend when drivers lock up....errr no. Seb says we would have been worse with the normal tyres, so either it's true or he is lying you have decided he is lying as it suits you, so your defence is making it pointless to discuss any further. At least my point has some sort of evidence rather than you just deciding Seb is lying and everything else is wrong LOL
    Your so called point is totally irrelevant as you have no knowledge of how much the original spec tyres would have affected Merc relatively to Ferrari and neither does Seb. Most people just think this is some sort of a linear problem that affects everyone the same. So just because Merc was 1 second faster with the new tyres they must have been at least that much faster with the original ones as well, and the changes done by Pirelli was for safety reasons. You're of course, like an ostrich with his head in the sand, free to believe whatever you want. Just don't call it facts because some people might actually believe that.

Look 512TR, I'm quite stumbled to. I was for sure thinking the tests would go for the older compound but I was wrong and have to take Sebs word for what it is.

We really have alot of work to do. I don't know what we did wrong with Seb's car. Maybe the set-up was all wrong or too much downforce....I really don't know. I do know about Kimi's car...I mean we can put an engine back in 2hrs when both teams work together but we can't put a new engine overnight

We are going up against one of the most organized teams in all aspects and we cannot be making blunders like this. The only blunder Mercedes has made this year was some computer software having to do with the safety car...that's it (or at least I can remember). As much as I hate and loathe them, they run almost perfect!!!

Btw Vettel said that the car was exactly the same like on Sunday. No changes or updates.....
    The biggest problem Ferrari have is the careless approach to the technical side. Kimi's technical failure is the best evidence. That will lose the WCC in the end if it continues.