Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

Very very dissaponting 2nd place out the door bbc reporting bad strategies that has cost ferrari dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    If Merc can keep this kind of performance it won't matter
    Yeah I’m disappointed again. 3 consecutive races where Seb is off podium. He needs a win next race badly to have any go at championship.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    You win some you loose some. We will be better in Monaco i hope.
    It was a disappointing race for us but its race 5 We still have 16 more to score wins at.

What a disaster weekend. I felt it would be like that from the start of it. Merc was just too strong even though Seb did a great move on Bottas at the start it always felt like it wouldn't matter. So the first stop was rushed and the second one lost him 3rd to Max. Right now it doesn't feel like it matters as both titles are slipping away fast. Kimi's bad luck simply doesn't want to end. Monaco and Canada will decide the rest of the season. If we, against all odds, can score two 1-2's in a row then maybe, just maybe the season will be alive again. But the team simply just can't get a break and when Lewis has all the luck and never any bad luck then it's quite impossible. On to Monaco then.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah I’m disappointed again. 3 consecutive races where Seb is off podium. He needs a win next race badly to have any go at championship.
    We need a Ham DNF, he is due for one, he has gotten a lot of luck this season.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Barely OK drivers, 3rd tier cars and worst strategiest in the paddock. There you have it, a perfect description of Scuderia Ferrari. Pack it up guys and go back to Maranello and square one. You obviously can’t compete with the best.
    Your clearly here to troll with that comment so just go away

Its not about ferrari anymore remember what liberty said they can leave anytime they like.

Kimi literally after quali said “these tyres are strange weren’t able to get work in their range”. If kimi says so then there’s a fact. In general he doesn’t talk much. So I got bad feeling yesterday only.
    But as a Ferrari fan I had some hope

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    You win some you loose some. We will be better in Monaco i hope.
    It was a disappointing race for us but its race 5 We still have 16 more to score wins at.
    if you look at RBR in S3 here, Monaco won't be easy
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

This year our strategies has been a lot questionable. Still believe we can win this championship. We really need some luck going our way.

People talking about strategy are dead wrong. Fact is, our cars were chewing through their tyres. We wouldn’t have made it to the end. We pitted first OF EVERYONE. Bad race, puzzling pace and I’m a bit concerned if I’m honest... but strategy was not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    With that mercs engine, he’s not gonna get. It’s bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Did leclerc finish tenth? turned off tv before the rat hamilton could cross the line

if leclerc got points thats the only good thing about the race
    Please stop with the name calling. Its embarassing

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    First, we need to figure ourselves out and get the car back to working, fix reliability and make some better strategy calls. And NO I'm not talking about the second stop under vSC, I'm talking about the first: it was good to pit Vettel early, but we needed to wait 1-2 laps, he came out behind MAG!! If BOT would have a had a normal stop he would already be in front of VET
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    People talking about strategy are dead wrong. Fact is, our cars were chewing through their tyres. We wouldn’t have made it to the end. We pitted first OF EVERYONE. Bad race, puzzling pace and I’m a bit concerned if I’m honest... but strategy was not the problem.
    Exactly my thoughts too. It’s not pit-stop mistake.
    Medium tyres are degrading higher on Ferrari car, which wasn’t in winter testing. This is better example or indicator.
    What my question is can ferrari too ask for tyre change for France & Silverstone because their tyres are degrading much.

Damn, my entire week is a disaster and now my team didn't even got on the podium even though we had the car. What a pity. It looks like this changing of tire characteristics really hurt us and favored Merc.
    At least this is not for all races but only for this one, Silverstone and Paul Ricard. What happened to Kimi though? PU problems? And maybe Seb shouldn't have pitted but then again, i don't know how were his tires, his first stop was on lap 17. Maybe this could've been better if we had Softs to put on that second stop.

Oh well, at least Leclerc is delivering with superb performance and living up to the hype. That guy is very talented and smart.

I'm positive we will bounce back in Canada. Tires will go back to normal at least.

Arrivabene on the new tyres: "It's not in Ferrari's DNA to complain. We haven't done so. Having said that, Toto can say what he wants, but a clarification: there is a difference between being consulted and being informed. We have been informed, not consulted"

Isn't there a test this week ?

https://twitter.com/JennieGow/status/995681000100368384

Its the tyres people.

You don't need an engineering degree to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    First, we need to figure ourselves out and get the car back to working, fix reliability and make some better strategy calls. And NO I'm not talking about the second stop under vSC, I'm talking about the first: it was good to pit Vettel early, but we needed to wait 1-2 laps, he came out behind MAG!! If BOT would have a had a normal stop he would already be in front of VET
    Yup!, did ferrari say what failed on Kimi's engine yet? if it was the second engine... then Canada is right around the corner and mercs will be adding lots of horses to it with never breaking reliability it seems. Hope it was the first engine parts that failed and not the new parts
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Your clearly here to troll with that comment so just go away
    Not trolling just telling it like it is. I will rectify some about the drivers. Seb is top notch. Kimi not so much but the team is well behind Merc and RBR in terms of strategy and most importantly, development.

Bring back the old spec tyres

Am I the only one who thinks we should have the old tyres back for close racing

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...old-spec-tyres

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Arrivabene on the new tyres: "It's not in Ferrari's DNA to complain. We haven't done so. Having said that, Toto can say what he wants, but a clarification: there is a difference between being consulted and being informed. We have been informed, not consulted"
    I don’t want to hear these crap again. You need to be aggressive & dominate. I personally ferrari loosing its ground under new sponsors & FIA. It’s a fact

Some words from Arrivabene: "It's not in Ferrari's DNA to complain. We haven't done so. Having said that, Toto can say what he wants, but a clarification: there is a difference between being consulted and being informed. We have been informed, not consulted"

FIA / Liberty / Pirelli & Mercedes a bunch of cheats.

So Mercedes, FIA and Pirelli did it betweem themselves and Ferrari was only informed when the decision was made. It is clear Ferrari are happy about tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_G View Post
    Some words from Arrivabene: "It's not in Ferrari's DNA to complain. We haven't done so. Having said that, Toto can say what he wants, but a clarification: there is a difference between being consulted and being informed. We have been informed, not consulted"

FIA / Liberty / Pirelli & Mercedes a bunch of cheats.
    His words mean, rest of the teams were pushed to use these tyres. All teams have been informed, not consulted.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Yup!, did ferrari say what failed on Kimi's engine yet? if it was the second engine... then Canada is right around the corner and mercs will be adding lots of horses to it with never breaking reliability it seems. Hope it was the first engine parts that failed and not the new parts
    Wasn't everything new?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    His words mean, rest of the teams were pushed to use these tyres. All teams have been informed, not consulted.
    He means all teams even Merc?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    They have taken 0.4mm off the tread at previous races, nothing to do with 2013 you are clearly confused to what the difference is. 2013 was a complete tyre change for the rest of the season, the 0.4mm off the tread is for 3 races this season and has been done at 2/3 races in the past when nobody cared about it.....they have not changed the structure of the tyre as they did in 2013.
    They have changed structure of tire. Thread is 0.4mm difference. I dont care how much you talk about it being "small difference" but clearly Hamilton, who just said its first time his car felt perfect, and Maurizio/Vettel, who said tires are different this week, think otherwise.

Also plz replace that romain gros with Charles Leclerc.
    5 races 5 non finishing points with 4th best car. Damn