Page 1 of 24 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

2018 Spanish GP: RACE

Weather looks good for now.

Tyre strat. looks to be a 1 stopper (VSC/SC contingent). Softs up to lap 12-15 (undercut) then mediums all the way through.

Let's hope for a good clean race.

Forza Ferrari

FerrariSteve Guest
    I just hope our guys get a good start and Mad Max doesn't ruin the race for us again.

Go Seb, Go Kimi, To hell with the Mercs.. Forza Ferrari!
    (I'm in the pub today so this is my first live race of the year) Three jokers here wearing '44' caps, a Ferrari win would be nice and wipe the smug smile off their faces please Seb/Kimi

Now Toto is telling they like the cold weather, in China they didn't... Oh wait, that's right, the tyres were different then
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Don't think there is much to gain for us at the start, unless someone really has a bad start.. BOT won't be hard on HAM, and RBR will try everything they can, especially Crashtappen
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Hope the Bulls with not get excited about our Ferrari red color and trying to hit us!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Don't think there is much to gain for us at the start, unless someone really has a bad start.. BOT won't be hard on HAM, and RBR will try everything they can, especially Crashtappen
    Worry for me is two things.
    1) mad max who tries to win the race in lap1 itself
    2) if bottas gets a good start still he will not pass & he kind to Merc & ham.

So it’s upto Ferrari to have an excellent start to attack ham. Remember we need our both cars in top4 to keep mercs thinking about strategy.

Will have the race on in the background. Watching ELMs from Monza.

Hope this "tyregate" doesnt effect the racing to much and it warms up for us.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Just a dream: Ham starts, turns right to close Bot, Bot is late on the brakes and takes him out and our guys slip forward!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Worry for me is two things.
    1) mad max who tries to win the race in lap1 itself
    2) if bottas gets a good start still he will not pass & he kind to Merc & ham.

So it’s upto Ferrari to have an excellent start to attack ham. Remember we need our both cars in top4 to keep mercs thinking about strategy.
    Unless one of the Mercs really screw up, my guess is they will keep P1 and P2 with HAM leading BOT.. BOT will buffer HAM, he won't try anything. So HAM will be safe for undercut, definitely if it's a one stopper.. We are more at risk of RBR, since a gap will start to form behind them so they can risk a lot more without loosing positions.. If we can finish like we started, I think it's the best result we can get considering Mercs are fast, starting from front and overtaking is hard here.. I just fear soemthing will happen.. Crashtappen as messed up every race this season so far..

Dont know why but I expect Bottas to be able to overtake Hamilton at the start with a nice slipstream.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Just a dream: Ham starts, turns right to close Bot, Bot is late on the brakes and takes him out and our guys slip forward!!
    BOT too kind for that.. He is Mercs puppet

good dream.....only thing is, is just that, a DREAM....or your crazy fantasy
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Unless one of the Mercs really screw up, my guess is they will keep P1 and P2 with HAM leading BOT.. BOT will buffer HAM, he won't try anything. So HAM will be safe for undercut, definitely if it's a one stopper.. We are more at risk of RBR, since a gap will start to form behind them so they can risk a lot more without loosing positions.. If we can finish like we started, I think it's the best result we can get considering Mercs are fast, starting from front and overtaking is hard here.. I just fear soemthing will happen.. Crashtappen as messed up every race this season so far..
    Yup my fear too. But positive thing is, Ferrari & RB are faster on softs than mercs in fp2.
    If Ferrari & RB stay close to mercs. 2 of 3 teams are vulnerable for under or overcut definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    good dream.....only this is, is just that, a DREAM....or your crazy fantasy
    Well, things happen. Even to Mercs.

Ham due for dnf...!!

BOT too kind for that.. He is Mercs puppet
    yup, he is NO nico rosberg.....bottas is 100% merc puppet and lewis's wing man.....AKA number TWO driver
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Valtteri is a good starter so could be useful to us. Though I'm afraid he may end up blocking us and allowing Hamilton to pull away.

A repeat of Spain 2016 would have been so much more valuable now than then when Mercedes was already on course for the titles.

Hoping for a clean start for our drivers, and that the temps are higher today.

Hoping for a good clean start !

Yup my fear too. But positive thing is, Ferrari & RB are faster on softs than mercs in fp2.
    If Ferrari & RB stay close to mercs. 2 of 3 teams are vulnerable for under or overcut definitely.
    Differences in pace aren't huge.. It's very difficult to overtake here.. Remember how Seb struggled last year against BOT with a lot older tyres.. So this little pace difference won't help us a lot, also, conditions are different so..

Anybody know the weather predictions?

Differences in pace aren't huge.. It's very difficult to overtake here.. Remember how Seb struggled last year against BOT with a lot older tyres.. So this little pace difference won't help us a lot, also, conditions are different so..
    Wt I mean is even if we stay close at pit stop window. There’s a possibility of undercut or overcut just like in China.
    Mercs on mediums are beast. Hope we jump them.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Anybody know the weather predictions?
    80% rain according to FIA

yeah, but last year the Merc had advantage with more power from teh engine.....this year the engines are pretty equal adn our car is a lot more aero effiicient so who knows, passing may be possible...especially since the DRS has been made a little longer this year

This track does not allow overtaking...

Any good quality stream?

How are we doing in the rain? It wasn't good last few years, especially with Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Any good quality stream?
    https://www.mediaklikk.hu/m4-elo/

FerrariSteve Guest
    I think we can nail Bottas at the start, he has decent starts but he's very timid of racing Lewis so he might back off a touch and give us a help.

Wt I mean is even if we stay close at pit stop window. There’s a possibility of undercut or overcut just like in China.
    Mercs on mediums are beast. Hope we jump them.
    If BOT is behind HAM, there is no undercut possibility to HAM because BOT will work as a buffer