Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: RACE

Thanks Pirelli

This.... just ruined my day... completely...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This.... just ruined my day... completely...
    Every Ferrari fans day.

Race to forget, what a frustrating afternoon, we threw away P2 in the stops.

Mercedes was easily faster in race trim, those Pirelli changes surely didn't hurt them.

I posted on Friday that Ferrari is the 3rd best car and it was proved today. Even with a damaged Red Bull, Verstappen was able to pull away from Vettel. Just shows how slow race car Ferrari has built.

The car is neither in the window in qualifying nor in race or you could say even if it is in window, it's just not quick enough to beat the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull. Radical upgrades are needed to salvage this season or if not possible, better focus on 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Race to forget, what a frustrating afternoon, we threw away P2 in the stops.

Mercedes was easily faster in race trim, those Pirelli changes surely didn't hurt them.
    Helped them big time.
    Red is the only color!!!

Ferrari can only blame themselves. No one else. They did an extra pitstop (I am not sure they needed that), they put in Mediums and not Softs, etc, etc, etc. Obviously, the race was a disaster. Surely enough, luck was not in Ferrari's side as well (because for example, the Pitstop was delayed due to another car passing by from example).

Anyway, next race.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I posted on Friday that Ferrari is the 3rd best car and it was proved today. Even with a damaged Red Bull, Verstappen was able to pull away from Vettel. Just shows how slow race car Ferrari has built.

The car is neither in the window in qualifying nor in race or you could say even if it is in window, it's just not quick enough to beat the likes of Mercedes and Red Bull. Radical upgrades are needed to salvage this season or if not possible, better focus on 2019.
    Vettel was 30 seconds ahead of Riccardo so I doubt that

but not too long ago Seb said that he has the fastest car and fast at every type of track......so what happened?? and u guys can't tell me it was JUST tires
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

it's not the first time
    and not the last.
    I don't know what the hell is going on inside the team...
    we won't win again this season..
    or if we do it will be too late

Vettel had 3 poles and should have had 3 wins...

People I believe we still have a good car.

You have to understand that track position is key on this track. The dirty air here is absolutely atrocious, up there with Australia.

Look what happened when Vettel was infront of Bottas for half the race. Bottas couldn't do anything. Same thing with Vettel behind Verstappen.

Stay calm. Don't think too much from this race. The next two races are back to regular tyres and THEN we will see who officially has the fastest car.

Also please reform the pit wall. Please....

Well bad day at the office, very bad strategy, very bad pace, Mercedes was 1 second per lap faster, this is the tyres. I dont care anymore, because I suspected this. Poor Kimi, Seb was second and the team destroyed his races, bravo! I am getting used of it, and I am not very suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    but not too long ago Seb said that he has the fastest car and fast at every type of track......so what happened?? and u guys can't tell me it was JUST tires
    It's always about the tyres, and rightly so, they're the most important piece. Just be glad there isn't a tyre war.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    People I believe we still have a good car.

You have to understand that track position is key on this track. The dirty air here is absolutely atrocious, up there with Australia.

Look what happened when Vettel was infront of Bottas for half the race. Bottas couldn't do anything. Same thing with Vettel behind Verstappen.

Stay calm. Don't think too much from this race. The next two races are back to regular tyres and THEN we will see who officially has the fastest car.

Also please reform the pit wall. Please....
    Next two races also same tyres right as of today???

Barely OK drivers, 3rd tier cars and worst strategiest in the paddock. There you have it, a perfect description of Scuderia Ferrari. Pack it up guys and go back to Maranello and square one. You obviously can’t compete with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No
    Forza Ferrari

Even allowing for Pirelli cheating with Merc Ferrari strategy and team operations are awful. They should have been well infront in the title but keep conspiring to finish a few places behind where they should. Bahrain where they were dominant they only managed by the skin of their teeth. Pirelli organised these untested tyres every fewraces to allow Merc to stay in touch but as Ferrari are messing up their chances its only served to put Merc out in front in the title. Things can only get better. Ferrari need to push for further tyre changes that play to their strengths even more, this should be on safety grounds...dont change the tyres shoot the Pirelli board.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Barely OK drivers, 3rd tier cars and worst strategiest in the paddock. There you have it, a perfect description of Scuderia Ferrari. Pack it up guys and go back to Maranello and square one. You obviously can’t compete with the best.
    who is this troller???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Driver of the Day: "P.Hemberly" :)

No. Only Silverstone and France will use these tyres from today.

China & baku losses gonna haunt us for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Ferrari can only blame themselves. No one else. They did an extra pitstop (I am not sure they needed that), they put in Mediums and not Softs, etc, etc, etc. Obviously, the race was a disaster. Surely enough, luck was not in Ferrari's side as well (because for example, the Pitstop was delayed due to another car passing by from example).

Anyway, next race.
    1) VET complained about the rears, while BOT said tyres were very conssitent, so chances that Seb needed to do a 2 stop (which was the initial plan) were high which would have put him behind RBR, so it was a good call to get him inunder VSC. Problem was the pit stops was really bad which put him behind VER
    2) Seb didn't have new Softs
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Driver of the Day: "P.Hemberly" :)
    yup, pirelli, MIA and Co.

If Merc can keep this kind of performance it won't matter
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    No. Only Silverstone and France will use these tyres from today.
    Next race is Monaco right ? Ok thanks for clarification, I thought next two races are France & Silverstone.

Yep, we needed to be in the lead coming to Europe by atleast 10 points.

You win some you loose some. We will be better in Monaco i hope.
    It was a disappointing race for us but its race 5 We still have 16 more to score wins at.

Forza Jules

Did leclerc finish tenth? turned off tv before the rat hamilton could cross the line

if leclerc got points thats the only good thing about the race
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

With longer wheelbase Monaco-Hungary-Singapore advantage may be gone now as well. On the other hand, Canada should be good for us. We'll see. Our race pace today was only better than Bahrain pitstop. Ferrari should clearly say if the tyres hurt them and talk about this subject.