Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 451

Thread: 2018 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    One thing you can consider to take into account are the backmarkers. The teams that will be 1 lap down can easily cost a driver infront at least 1-2 second if they appear in that tight S2.
    Yup that did cost places to many drivers in the past.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ok got it.
    But for undercut to work I think 5S is not enough. US tyre take 2-3L to their working range. If vettel manages to pump up fastest laps then touch n go
    IMO Monaco suits overcut not undercut

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ok got it.
    But for undercut to work I think 5S is not enough. US tyre take 2-3L to their working range. If vettel manages to pump up fastest laps then touch n go
    Ofcourse it is all possible etc, but you are not taking HAM in consideration, and even BOT.. They can do the same thing to us so we loose the opportunity..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    IMO Monaco suits overcut not undercut
    All depends on how the tyres behave
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Ferrari has had the worst tyre deg since baku from top three teams so i dont think we can overcut anybody tbh, that turn 1 at the start is going to make or break this race imo
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Ofcourse it is all possible etc, but you are not taking HAM in consideration, and even BOT.. They can do the same thing to us so we loose the opportunity..
    If p1 is not guaranteed a win, it applies for rest all too.
    But In general I have said that comparing vet vs ric. Because on judging Thursday race pace its RB va ferrari that too vet vs ric. I don’t think kimi will concern anyone, he will be on his own. But if there’s a chance for vet to win with help of kimi, then Ferrari will definitely go for that.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    446
    I swear to god if Vettel goes out of f1 before Ricciardo, I will totally root for the smiley boy.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Madagascar
    Posts
    15
    The FIA has concluded its investigation into Ferrari’s battery system, clearing the Italian outfit of any wrongdoing after suspicions it had found a clever way of getting around the rules.


    Speculation over the past few weeks has suggested that Ferrari was under the spotlight, as rumours swirled that its battery system could be utilised in a way of delivering more power per lap than is allowed.

    There were even suggestions that the matter could go as far as an official protest.

    Speaking for the first time about the matter, F1 race director Charlie Whiting has said that Mercedes technical director James Allison first approached the FIA at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

    Mercedes was eager to get some clarity on the situation, as it was unable to explain certain performance characteristics of the Ferrari car.

    The FIA duly opened an investigation in to the matter and, despite suggesting that Ferrari had "difficulty" fully explaining the characteristics of its battery, the governing body's conclusion reached in Monaco is that there was nothing untoward happening.

    Whiting was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency: “We had some concerns in Baku that were difficult to explain and we worked through it with them,”

    “[The rulebook] says that it is the duty of the competitor to satisfy the FIA that their car complies at all times and they were having difficulty satisfying us. Here, we are now satisfied.”

    Whiting added that the probe into the matter had not been easy, and there some aspects of what Ferrari was doing that were not easy to understand

    “Some things in the data we could not quite explain... we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,” he said.

    “We wanted to really get to the bottom of it and in Spain, they took some measures to make sure we understood it more and that we were seeing things that we were happy with.”

    The FIA has also expressed some frustration that the matter had become such a big talking point over the past few weeks, while the investigation was underway.

    “The matter was exacerbated by unsubstantiated speculation that went through the paddock like wildfire,” added Whiting.

    FIA president Jean Todt said: “If a team has some doubts, they could have made a protest. It would be much more healthy rather than to manipulate the press to address the problem.”

    Ferrari has declined to comment on the matter

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Charlie’s comments clearly and purposefully vindicate Ferrari of any wrongdoing, both in previous events and in its current specification.

    This is great news of course, and really shows Mercedes for who they are... sore losers. I’ve always avoided name calling of the competition, but they really threw the rule book at us this year, and we’ve come out smelling like roses. Their “driven by each other” slogan has never been so transparently false, either. Sure, you’re driven by each other until someone is better than you... then they’re cheating.

    It is also indicative of the way Sky, AMuS and others report on F1. If Mercedes wins they built the best car, if Ferrari win they are clearly cheating... Sky even made a sly remark about ferrari’s Battery during the quali coverage. Well, I hope you’re enjoying this lads.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I swear to god if Vettel goes out of f1 before Ricciardo, I will totally root for the smiley boy.
    He is such a nice guy, and one of the best out there.. I know there is a lot of debate on who is best etc, and it is hard to tell.. But RIC is so efficient in his overtaking, he goes for it when it matters, and when he goes for it he's almost alway succesfull so good on the brakes.. Would love him at Ferrari.. However, I'm also more than happy with our current line up, so would be sad if one of them would leave..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,195
    Undercut/overcut strategy depends on the order on track after turn 1. If Seb keeps Lewis behind and Kimi jumps Lewis then we will copy Merc no matter what Ricciardo does. If Lewis passes Seb at the start and Kimi is 4th or 5th we might gamble by going longer and hope for a SC later in the race. Ricciardo isn't going to pull away insanely fast because he will want to go as long as possible on the hypers. He'll try to put in a few fast ones at the start to see where the other are but depening on the gap he pulls he will act accordingly. If Seb manages to jump Ricciardo at the start then anything is possible.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,454
    Max is the first driver for 2018 to go over the allocated component allotment with a brand new MGU-K. Current and updated status of all drivers and their component allotment.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeMtjfKWAAAjjql.jpg

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    "It's a very dark moment for Max. At the moment everything is going wrong for him but I don't have much hope for him anymore," Rosberg told RTL.

    Even more brutal is the assessment of F1 legend Niki Lauda.

    "What is the solution for him? Changing the brain," said the Mercedes team chairman.

    Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko was visibly livid on Saturday, telling Movistar: "What I have to say I have already told Max."

    When asked what Marko should tell Verstappen, Lauda told Bild: "I would ask him 'How many times do you want to do the same thing?'

    "First, Dr Marko has to tell him this (crash) is not possible while at the same time defending him outwardly. It's a difficult balancing act and I know it's not easy."

    Verstappen, having earlier skipped a round of interviews, eventually said he feels supported by Red Bull.

    "I have a team that is with me in good and bad times," he said.

    "A year ago we had many technical problems but we continued to work together. It's the same thing now.
    comments from lauda about max crash in Fp3

    https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/l...eds-new-brain/
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max is the first driver for 2018 to go over the allocated component allotment with a brand new MGU-K. Current and updated status of all drivers and their component allotment.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeMtjfKWAAAjjql.jpg
    wait so you only allowed 2? i thought 3 was max allocation
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Charlie’s comments clearly and purposefully vindicate Ferrari of any wrongdoing, both in previous events and in its current specification.

    This is great news of course, and really shows Mercedes for who they are... sore losers. I’ve always avoided name calling of the competition, but they really threw the rule book at us this year, and we’ve come out smelling like roses. Their “driven by each other” slogan has never been so transparently false, either. Sure, you’re driven by each other until someone is better than you... then they’re cheating.

    It is also indicative of the way Sky, AMuS and others report on F1. If Mercedes wins they built the best car, if Ferrari win they are clearly cheating... Sky even made a sly remark about ferrari’s Battery during the quali coverage. Well, I hope you’re enjoying this lads.
    well said
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,665
    cloudy, any rain expected?

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    wait so you only allowed 2? i thought 3 was max allocation
    The grey ones (colored--under PU component heading) you're allowed 3. The ones NOT colored in grey you're allowed 2 ONLY.

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The grey ones (colored--under PU component heading) you're allowed 3. The ones NOT colored in grey you're allowed 2 ONLY.
    thanks man, hey i read brundle said FIA and ferrari made a deal to hide investigation on battery??? i switched the channel did he really???
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  19. #439
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I swear to god if Vettel goes out of f1 before Ricciardo, I will totally root for the smiley boy.
    well he his younger then Seb....and yeah, if he comes to Ferrari i will totally root for him too
    ...the new SF71H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  20. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    ......hey i read brundle said FIA and ferrari made a deal to hide investigation on battery??? i switched the channel did he really???

    whatever.....

  21. #441
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well he his younger then Seb....and yeah, if he comes to Ferrari i will totally root for him too
    I remember dani Ric said he will not stay in F1 as long as others may think, whether thats just motivation or a false statement im not sure but i like dani ric too if kimi leaves and leclerc still needs a year or two more would love dani ric there.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  22. #442
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    thanks man, hey i read brundle said FIA and ferrari made a deal to hide investigation on battery??? i switched the channel did he really???
    The FIA have made a formal statement. Now, everyone will report on that however they so choose. It’s up to you who you believe. Bottom line is... Ferrari is and has always been legal. Be grateful and put it to bed!

  23. #443
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    The FIA have made a formal statement. Now, everyone will report on that however they so choose. It’s up to you who you believe. Bottom line is... Ferrari is and has always been legal. Be grateful and put it to bed!
    but shouldn't brundle have some type of punishment for going against statement by fia and deliberately saying they are cheating. how can that be the main broadcast if they can say these things and pump in there own agendas all the time
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by KonPatTsh View Post
    The FIA has concluded its investigation into Ferrari’s battery system, clearing the Italian outfit of any wrongdoing after suspicions it had found a clever way of getting around the rules.


    Speculation over the past few weeks has suggested that Ferrari was under the spotlight, as rumours swirled that its battery system could be utilised in a way of delivering more power per lap than is allowed.

    There were even suggestions that the matter could go as far as an official protest.

    Speaking for the first time about the matter, F1 race director Charlie Whiting has said that Mercedes technical director James Allison first approached the FIA at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

    Mercedes was eager to get some clarity on the situation, as it was unable to explain certain performance characteristics of the Ferrari car.

    The FIA duly opened an investigation in to the matter and, despite suggesting that Ferrari had "difficulty" fully explaining the characteristics of its battery, the governing body's conclusion reached in Monaco is that there was nothing untoward happening.

    Whiting was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency: “We had some concerns in Baku that were difficult to explain and we worked through it with them,”

    “[The rulebook] says that it is the duty of the competitor to satisfy the FIA that their car complies at all times and they were having difficulty satisfying us. Here, we are now satisfied.”

    Whiting added that the probe into the matter had not been easy, and there some aspects of what Ferrari was doing that were not easy to understand

    “Some things in the data we could not quite explain... we went through it with Ferrari and they gave explanations which were not particularly convincing,” he said.

    “We wanted to really get to the bottom of it and in Spain, they took some measures to make sure we understood it more and that we were seeing things that we were happy with.”

    The FIA has also expressed some frustration that the matter had become such a big talking point over the past few weeks, while the investigation was underway.

    “The matter was exacerbated by unsubstantiated speculation that went through the paddock like wildfire,” added Whiting.

    FIA president Jean Todt said: “If a team has some doubts, they could have made a protest. It would be much more healthy rather than to manipulate the press to address the problem.”

    Ferrari has declined to comment on the matter
    Mercs aren’t able to take this domination from Ferrari 3 straight poles last 5 races. & with tyre tread change then they were able to take pole in Spain & in Monaco they are behind.
    Now wtever the mercs motive is there are two things here that benefits mercs & other teams:
    Mercs wanted to protest with help of other teams & asked for clarification on battery usage, there are two benefits
    1) it will clarify & get detailed explanation of how Ferrari are getting much power boost & their system entire details. Where FIA or teams couldn’t find any clue or evidence about illegality.
    2) if found illegal, Ferrari would be punished.

    In both the cases it’s adv to mercs. Nothing to loose, so they played their cards. For me it looks like 1st option.

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    thanks man, hey i read brundle said FIA and ferrari made a deal to hide investigation on battery??? i switched the channel did he really???
    If there’s any such deal, it’s notjing wrong. Becoz FIA are satisfied with Ferrari answer, where Ferrari might request to keep it with in the doors. If they give brief explanation on it, ferrari might loose its advantage.
    It’s fair for me, unless it’s illegal. it’s FIA who will take the call

  26. #446
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Charlie’s comments clearly and purposefully vindicate Ferrari of any wrongdoing, both in previous events and in its current specification.

    This is great news of course, and really shows Mericedes for who they are... sore losers. I’ve always avoided name calling of the competition, but they really threw the rule book at us this year, and we’ve come out smelling like roses. Their “driven by each other” slogan has never been so transparently false, either. Sure, you’re driven by each other until someone is better than you... then they’re cheating.

    It is also indicative of the way Sky, AMuS and others report on F1. If Mercedes wins they built the best car, if Ferrari win they are clearly cheating... Sky even made a sly remark about ferrari’s Battery during the quali coverage. Well, I hope you’re enjoying this lads.
    Ya, I heard Brundle make a sly comment on Vettel's lap, something like "maybe they can find more battery power". Sky and everyone involved are complete bias rats.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  27. #447
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ya, I heard Brundle make a sly comment on Vettel's lap, something like "maybe they can find more battery power". Sky and everyone involved are complete bias rats.
    Just listening to them at times....it gets diarrhe-tic.

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If there’s any such deal, it’s notjing wrong. Becoz FIA are satisfied with Ferrari answer, where Ferrari might request to keep it with in the doors. If they give brief explanation on it, ferrari might loose its advantage.
    It’s fair for me, unless it’s illegal. it’s FIA who will take the call
    Thats right. But what im so annoyed by is that brundle is selling this idea that fia amd ferrari made to a deal making it legal. And he is not at all questioned about these claims
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Thats right. But what im so annoyed by is that brundle is selling this idea that fia amd ferrari made to a deal making it legal. And he is not at all questioned about these claims
    He talks useless we know that. Beware of dogs.

  30. #450
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    8,951
    kimi needs to pile pressure on hamilton
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •