Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari will turn it up in quali as of now diff is .2ths. I’ll take it for now.
    Looks a bit better than thursday, was hoping Vet or kimi would be P1 this session though lol but improvement is better than nothing
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

I just cant feel bad for Crashstappen, he deserves every bit of his own stupidity.

doesnt look like any major damage to max car, gearbox and rear i dont think hit anything, change of floor and front suspension in 2hours time should be possible
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No, Sainz gave way before that turn. Mad max misjudged the braking point n ran over the kerbs. It’s his mistake.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    doesnt look like any major damage to max car, gearbox and rear i dont think hit anything, change of floor and front suspension in 2hours time should be possible
    As rear end too hit the wall. There might be chances of gear box damage too.
    But suspension, floor damage as of now. But it’s not easy

I think for kids, there should be a multiple choice question related to F1.
    Which of the folllowing races, where mad max didn’t crash?
    1. Monaco 2. Bahrain 3. China 4. Baku

Supply list: Front wing, front suspension, bardgeboards, floor. Then checks gearbox, rear suspension

FerrariSteve Guest

I'm not sure tbh. seems to me the front and rear right suspension will have to be replaced, also the floor and perhaps the gearbox too?

By judging at sector times & fp3 laptimes. It will be vet vs RB.
    .2ths difference, so if Ferrari turn up their engine in quali. That would do for the pole. But DR seems to be ready for it.

He max the axe does ferrari no favours he just implodes f1 is not ready for max the axe

Starting working on Max's car 10 minutes ago.

I think what this shows given we are back to the normal compound of tyres is that LWB vs LWB (Fer vs Merc) when the tyres are working for both cars we seem to have the edge in pure pace. Red bull were always going to be quick due to the short wheelbase at monaco but there only three or four tracks on the calendar where that is favourable (as seen by us last year).

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    I think what this shows given we are back to the normal compound of tyres is that LWB vs LWB (Fer vs Merc) when the tyres are working for both cars we seem to have the edge in pure pace. Red bull were always going to be quick due to the short wheelbase at monaco but there only three or four tracks on the calendar where that is favourable (as seen by us last year).
    This is a very special circuit. We will see how we fare against Merc in the next races.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Starting working on Max's car 10 minutes ago.
    It will be ready by that time ... no worries.

I thought the times would be generally faster. Maybe they will be in Q3. If not then I guess the 10 cm longer wheelbase costs somewhat more than predicted but then we wouldn't that fast on other circuits this season. But we're faster in Monaco this year compared to Merc and last year. So that's at least something and good for Singapore. RBR seems to have made the biggest gain since last year. Hopefully they will crash into themselves in the race, again.

Ferrari commits to using new rear suspension in Monaco Grand Prix-->per Autosport.

It will probably be between us and RBR. Should be interesting...

No damage to chassis or gearbox, Looks like they are already almost done with the fixes

The RB14 of Verstappen is coming together. All four corners are on the car. No need for new gearbox. Car should be ready!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeHyU_kX4AEjHZ4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    It will probably be between us and RBR. Should be interesting...
    Don't count Mercs out

Remember, it's not just about how fast you can go arround here, it's about how fast your lap is, with traffic and yellows etc.. It's never easy here
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Don't count Mercs out

Remember, it's not just about how fast you can go arround here, it's about how fast your lap is, with traffic and yellows etc.. It's never easy here
    Bottas was about 0.05 or something last year when they looked way slower all the sessions before so i agree with you 100%

Wehlein was in mercs simulator both thursday and friday, on friday ferrari flew A.Gio via helicopter to the factory to get some simulation in on friday for today

Kravitz reports that Giovinazzi was flown to Maranello for Friday to work on the simulator to improve the set-up of the SF71-H.

Will be interesting to see if RBR will use US in Q2.. I think they can pull it off
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Already thinking In those front two rows tomorrow, soecially with MAD MAX. No way even for RIC

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    Already thinking In those front two rows tomorrow, soecially with MAD MAX. No way even for RIC

*specially

It's important to put cars between Vettel and Hamilton. Pole would be great though and hope Kimi delivers as well.

RedBull still working on Maxs car going to be close if he gets out or not they are still trying to fix the rear off the car

Chandok says they have found a issue with the gearbox

Bookies odds:
    1.91 - Ricciardo
    3.25 - Verstappen
    5.00 - Vettel
    13.00 - Hamilton
    15.00 - Raikkonen
    26.00 - Bottas
    301.00 - Alonso

Nice to see these odds for Mercedes boys :)