Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Yeah I would take this with ease.
    So would I because I'm afraid there's nowhere to pass with the widers cars nowdays. So even if were right up the rear of a Merc it will come down to the pitstop and possible traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So do u think kimi will jump ham???
    I'm afraid no.

Does anyone have info on the remaining tyres for the race?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Does anyone have info on the remaining tyres for the race?
    It’s same for all.

let's not forget there's a real chance of a safety car, nothing is decided yet.

Well I think Ricciardo is gonna dominate the field tomorrow and will win with ease.

Tomorrow would be a good race.
    1) SC, high chances.
    2) difference between HS & US on this track is 1sec.

Mercs feeling uncomfortable with HS mean, pit stop window for them would be in range of 10-15L. N remaining laps on US, is almost a risky thing. So they would be praying for SC for long time in early 1st stint so that they can extend HS life.

Question is does RB & Ferrari have same problem?

On Thursday vet was showing fantastic race pace on HS.

Kimi should jump ham, then race will be more exciting becoz ric even if he builds a gap to vet should always look out for gap to p3 also. If he doesn’t, vet will undercut him.

Well I think Ricciardo is gonna dominate the field tomorrow and will win with ease.
    Yup, me too

Not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    let's not forget there's a real chance of a safety car, nothing is decided yet.
    Verstappen getting impatient and crashing into someone while trying to overtake is nailed on to happen

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s same for all.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Verstappen getting impatient and crashing into someone while trying to overtake is nailed on to happen
    yeah, and I would say there's at least a 50% chance of Grosjean crashing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yeah, and I would say there's at least a 50% chance of Grosjean crashing too.
    Grosjean been serious contender & competing with mad max.

I don't think this race will be a straight forward victory for Danny. I'm pretty sure RB are gutted to lose max. Having two cars up there I hope we can do something with strategy.

Is an overcut possible? US are much slower than HS. VET and RIC did an overcut last year.

watched the f2 start, P1 and P3 have an advantage going down the inside line, P1 if at all breaks early when turning in, makes it hard for guys on the outside line to turn in and then lose places trying to find an opening
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

If dani ric wins, it'l be two wins for vet, 2 wins for ham and two wins for ric
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    Is an overcut possible? US are much slower than HS. VET and RIC did an overcut last year.
    Yes, last year it was the best strategy. It will all depend on how the tyres work on the track at that time.. Monaco is very light on tyres so.. Perhaps this year will be different since Hypers won't last that long.. In the past I think the race could be done on one set so...
    Main thing with strategy will be traffic and also possibility of SC
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    watched the f2 start, P1 and P3 have an advantage going down the inside line, P1 if at all breaks early when turning in, makes it hard for guys on the outside line to turn in and then lose places trying to find an opening
    Did p3 got a jump over p2 in f2???

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I was thinking exactly this. If there is no safety car with Verstappen starting last, it will be an act of God.

Disappointed Since 2010

Its a red bull circuit great job by rick and our men i believe it spices the championship so far so good we are in front of mercs but any thing can happen on race day especially in monaco there has been some serious carnage on lap 1 at the start hoping for a clean one then its on let the lottery begin.

“THE MAIN THING IS THAT WE HAVE POTENTIAL”
    ferrari-media

Seb happy with second, Kimi regrets struggling a bit with tyres in Turn 1

Monte-Carlo, May 26 – There is at least one thing that will never be missing from Monaco qualifying, and that’s action. The session went down to the wire and in the end, Scuderia Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel came away with second place, while his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen narrowly missed third place by a mere three hundredths of a second.

“I’ve been quite happy today”, was Seb’s comment, “even if you always have the feeling you could do much more. However, we tried to get everything out of our car and we got a good position. Red Bull has been strong since Thursday, but we got as close as we could. The main thing for us is that our car has potential. In the first corner I just couldn’t drive the way I wanted but for the rest it was ok. It was a tricky session also in terms of getting the tires together. Now we’ll focus on the start tomorrow, but it will be a long race. It will be a different game to play tomorrow, compared to today. On Sunday, it could be more tactical, and we need to consider that a short period of the race could decide the result of the race itself. Also, we need a bit of luck, but the most important thing is to be ready to react. We know what we have to do, so we’ll see how the race turns out”.

“Today we struggled a bit to make the tires work straightaway in the first two corners, get them into the correct temperature window and get the car to turn where we wanted. During the lap they seemed to improve, but here at Monaco, if you are not 100 per cent sure of how it’s going to be in Turn 1, then you lack a bit of confidence. Obviously, we cannot be totally happy with this result, we wanted to be higher up the time sheet, but this what we have got today. The race is a different story. Usually it’s very tricky to overtake here, but in the past a lot of things happened. We’ll try to stay out of any trouble, make the right decisions and do the right things at the right moment”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

"Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

RIC will dominate and win easy.. Hope we can finish in front of Hamilton for the championship..

VER has 2 options: have bad finishing position or take risks and crash again
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

the pole sitter didn't win the Monaco GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure how you can see the results then ask how bad we are?
    We 're doomed. The sky is falling on our head. Best thing we can do is retire from the championship.

SACK 'M ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!

* there, is that what you want to read?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Tyres for the race.

IMG_20180527_025415.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    We 're doomed. The sky is falling on our head. Best thing we can do is retire from the championship.

SACK 'M ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!

* there, is that what you want to read?
    OR you can just say that we're not that bad and we're GONNA win the race tomorrow.....why do you ahve to be such a $%^$ head in your useless comments, HUH???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Below I'm going to list all the times Ricciardo has dominated the field and won with ease in his F1 career:

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    Below I'm going to list all the times Ricciardo has dominated the field and won with ease in his F1 career:
    who the #$%@ cares??? i sure don't....let's hope Seb will take the win away from him tomorrow just like taking candy away from a baby....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

F -Pirelli has given the fans 7 compounds to look for from Hyper soft to Super hard !! Forget the drivers names , it's the tires that are racing. If your color blind, don't watch the race alone. You won't know which tire won! Formula E has to be in their glory, not having to compete against a gas engine , noise etc. A safety car or 2 will put Max back in the race. A ultra, hyper , super chance for Max to give the fans something to watch!