Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

Max finishing in the points from where he started! A ultra hard well done drive! I can only believe if he started the race in the top 10 , he would have been the guy on the podium , if not the winner. Leclerc meanwhile took over as the crash man. Was it Max's fault? I hope the next Canada F - Pirelli tire race will have some colorful results for Ferrari's tires. I believe Max in Seb's car would have cut and beat RB to the win.

Pirelli should abandon the business of providing tires for Formula One and instead dedicate their efforts around perfecting the Hot-Water bottle. I bet their super-duper-hyper compound makes a killer must-have artifact for those particularly cold winter nights in bed. Their F1 tire product is a disaster. Boooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max finishing in the points from where he started! A ultra hard well done drive! I can only believe if he started the race in the top 10 , he would have been the guy on the podium , if not the winner. Leclerc meanwhile took over as the crash man. Was it Max's fault? I hope the next Canada F - Pirelli tire race will have some colorful results for Ferrari's tires. I believe Max in Seb's car would have cut and beat RB to the win.
    Is this the same Max Verstappen who couldn't pass the Renault, Toro Rosso and Force India in front of him even though he was 4 seconds faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Is this the same Max Verstappen who couldn't pass the Renault, Toro Rossi and Force India in front of him even though he was 4 seconds faster?
    Lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Mario issola what a bannana.

Red bull result is all track specific wait untill the power track races start 3 tenths max behind which is a lot in f1 wait and see.

Leclerc had brake failure, not his fault. Max started outside top 10 was all his own doing. Also how many times has Max crashed in Monaco over the past few years?

https://youtu.be/MvIW1NBZOy8

https://youtu.be/5y-Zm-dBcng

https://youtu.be/RGWuPTxVN8k

Mad Max needs to get out of the 'playstation' mindset
    Last edited by mizf1; 27th May 2018 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You must be also entertained by watching grass grow, paint dry, concrete set, and Golf.

Were we watching the same race? I straight up fell asleep.
    That's pretty harsh on golf TBF.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup, I found it very strange. Even our customer teams never did give the place to us like that.
    I think ham pit stop was taken into consideration by looking it’s just their Merc junior driver who will let ham pass.
    Clearly shows Ocon is their driver in preference list. Mercs are running the show that’s it. Can’t do anything.
    But as long as the "Ferrari International Assistance" myth is allowed to continue no one is gonna call out the help that Mercedes are clearly getting for what it is.

This race made me realize how important qualifying in front of the Mercedes was.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just reading an article where they say DR finished race with 25% down on power!?!?! Great entertainment Liberty Group!

yep, lost the MGU-K, overheating rear brakes and missing 2 top gears.......DR was racing with 6 gears instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    I think 25% is an exaggeration. 160 bhp / ~ 960 bhp = 1/6 so 16-17% percent. Plus you can not use MGU-K continuously as there is an energy limit per lap.

No it's not.....50% is the ICE......25% is the MGU-H=60KW & 25% ia the MGU-K=60KW...both totaling 120kw = 160.92bhp or 80.46 ea.

Also, DR was racing with 6 gears instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Leclerc had brake failure, not his fault.....
    correct. LeClerc's left front brake blew (black puff of smoke) way before the collision. From there, LeClerc was just a passenger rear ending Hartley.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think he’s sarcastically saying good race. Main intention is very boring race, even with a issue in car you can win race on this track. Great.
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. It was a great F1 race at Monaco.

That was what an F1 race at Monaco has been my entire life.

See it used to be one race of 16, or one race of 18, or one race of 20...now it's one race of 21...

BIG DEAL if there is no back and forth passing.

It's Monaco.

I know what Monaco is.

Do you???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No it's not.....50% is the ICE......25% is the MGU-H=60KW & 25% ia the MGU-K=60KW...both totaling 120kw = 160.92bhp or 80.46 ea.

Also, DR was racing with 6 gears instead of 8.
    So RBR are racing a with engine of total power of 320bhp. Right....

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post

Danny was not going to be beaten unless his car broke.

But DR's car did break...to an extent....lost the MGU-K...lost 2 gears. Had this happened at any other track, he would have been overtaken. The pace during this race was slow. DR was conserving his tyres, rear brakes overheating due to the MGU-K so he was watching his braking, down 80hp due to the MGU-K and driving a car with 6 gears instead of 8.

He did not lose 2 gears!!! He did not use the last two gears because he was down on power. Btw MGU-K is 160bhp not 80....

you also have to compensate for the gearing.....6 gears instead of 8...so he was not using full power.

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. A 320bhp can not race 950-1000bhp cars. The math is so off.

I love Kim's comment about the race, straight to the point on the first sentence.

Vettel had issue with tire degradation but I guess it was the same for Lewis? He hardly kept up with Vettel. Hopefully Merc do not have an advantage over us on the tires degradation.

Also, I hope our engine upgrade will boost our straight line speed for next race.

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. A 320bhp can not race 950-1000bhp cars. The math is so off.
    okay, my percentages are off but Redbull is correct in saying a loss of 25% power.

Red Bull says Ricciardo's car was 25% down on power

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...power-1042366/

Ocon was asked why he didn‘t fight with Lewis and just let him overtake him like that

Ocon: "Did I make life easy for Lewis Hamilton when he overtook me? I'm a Mercedes driver, you have to ask the boss."

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Leclerc had brake failure, not his fault. Max started outside top 10 was all his own doing. Also how many times has Max crashed in Monaco over the past few years?

https://youtu.be/MvIW1NBZOy8

https://youtu.be/5y-Zm-dBcng

https://youtu.be/RGWuPTxVN8k

Mad Max needs to get out of the 'playstation' mindset
    Max is allowing Leclerc the honor of crash king, giving up his 1st place @ Monaco, so Leclerc could be at home. It was Red Bulls fault Max was out of top ten start. Too much sugar in the drink. Again form way way back, Max finished in the points!! Passing without incident at Monaco! He has to start all over again if he want's to return as crash king over Grosgeian an now Leclerc. Oh !Brakes caused it. Sounds like Leclerc is hanging out with Seb with an excuse for anytime not doing well.

Where did you get 320hp from????

He has to start all over again if he want's to return as crash king over Grosgeian an now Leclerc. Oh !Brakes caused it. Sounds like Leclerc is hanging out with Seb with an excuse for anytime not doing well.
    Sauber was monitoring LeClerc's left front brake throughout the race, then KABLAAAMO!!!!, the disc went in a cloud of smoke (which is visible) under braking and from then on all LeClerc could do was hold on for the impact into Hartley.....it was'nt LeClerc's fault for the brake failure....it was a mechanical failure. Hartley understands what happened to LeClerc's mechanical failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Is this the same Max Verstappen who couldn't pass the Renault, Toro Rosso and Force India in front of him even though he was 4 seconds faster?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but if I counted right, he took both Haas- cars first corner St. Devote, than during the first 7 rounds Stroll, Eriksson and Hartley.

After 15 laps he passed Leclere.

Due to his free tyrechoice he could stay out much longer, so the other gained places all resulted from pitstops from others.

After his own pitstop, came back in 11th. spot, he regained 9th. place after Alonso dropped out and passing Sainz.

I would say, if you drive the Red Bull 2018 in Monaco, this is not a HISTORIC fairytale ride or..?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ocon was asked why he didn‘t fight with Lewis and just let him overtake him like that

Ocon: "Did I make life easy for Lewis Hamilton when he overtook me? I'm a Mercedes driver, you have to ask the boss."
    Here I was thinking he was a Force India driver.

Omg and you call yourself a Ferrari fan, its a shame. Yeah Verstappen is so great, why couldnt he be in Ferrari (NOT), so he can crash every race, like he did this year. What are you smoking.

Its Monaco, you cant overtake a front-running car here.

Alonso, you know that guy who's been around forever and is driving that funny couloured car, is only a couple points behind Max now. Enough said.

Why the hell are FIA going ADD more monitoring hardware only on ferrari in canada, this is going to hurt us man, this monitoring rubbish started at spain, and look what happened. monaco is easier to hide PU advantage but canada is mostly all PU, its so unfair, ferrari management have no voice, or balls anymore, they just keep taking it
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)