Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Is this the same Max Verstappen who couldn't pass the Renault, Toro Rosso and Force India in front of him even though he was 4 seconds faster?
    Max was driving safely , knowing those drivers are prone to crashing! He wanted to safely be in the top 10 and he did it !

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kimi is kimi...!! As usual.
    I never believed that those are direct quotes. And who ever wrote that was right, wasn't he/she?

So here's Max's overtakes in Monaco 2018.....most we did'nt see.

The kid has his moments and has his moments.

2018 Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen's Best Overtakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auRXi7yKXrA

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    1. The monitoring is unique as they can not measure it in the normal methods so other monitoring needed to be added.
    2. I can remember new tests devised to measure red bulls front wing flexing
    3. Seriously you lot are under the impression, Ferrari have never requested clarification on a opponent, seriously.
    I never mention it is wrong to seek clarification with the FIA, this happens all the time.
    The issue here is how FIA is handling it.

Firstly, they've already use some monitoring hardware on our system and have cleared us.
    But they will still monitor us again in the next race. Just how many times are you going to do this?

Secondly, if such circumvention is possible, then maybe other teams are doing it as well. So why only monitor Ferrari and not everyone?

The front wing deflection you mention resulted in the FIA increasing the load of the deflection test, which of course is applicable to all teams as it should be.
    FIA did not just monitor Red Bull alone, they introduce safe guard measure that is applicable for all teams.

Was this I want to see:
    After 50 laps

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    Was this I want to see:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e5022afb67.jpg
    After 50 laps

thats just tyre pick up on the cool down lap.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post
    Was this I want to see:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e5022afb67.jpg
    After 50 laps

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    thats just tyre pick up on the cool down lap.

Correct Rob. All those marbles or "clag" (Hobbs "Hobo" reference) are outside the driving line and collect in those areas. Drivers are told to drive over them on most tracks after the last lap and they also collect when the driver does his victory lap/cool down lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just because Pirelli named a tire after you and Leclerc is your favorite rookie dosen't take away the fact that Max is the future driver for Ferrari. Two races without a crash! Wake up!!
    Every event he finds a way to crash. He's a crash addict. He and Pastor Maldonado are besties.
    Thanks but no thanks
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

What most are sometimes forgetting about Mad Max is that he's 20 years old. He has accomplished plenty for a 20 year old driver. That said, i expect him to improve, imagine him when he's 23? I think he'll be a different driver and that he'll grow. However, he should be nowhere near a Ferrari sit till he's complete. No doubt he has massive potential though, extremely fast and aggressive he just needs experience in my opinion.

I also think some of the criticism aimed towards him like for example Rosberg saying that he doesn't have much hope for him are pretty unfair for a 20 year old 3 times Grand Prix winner.
    Last edited by Stormy; 29th May 2018 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What most are sometimes forgetting about Mad Max is that he's 20 years old. He has accomplished plenty for a 20 year old driver. That said, i expect him to improve, imagine him when he's 23? I think he'll be a different driver and that he'll grow. However, he should be nowhere near a Ferrari sit till he's complete. No doubt he has massive potential though, extremely fast and aggressive he just needs experience in my opinion.

I also think some of the criticism aimed towards him like for example Rosberg saying that he doesn't have much hope for him are pretty unfair for a 20 year old 3 times Grand Prix winner.
    what he said.

Canada is a Hamilton, Vettel track. I expect a big fight between these two guys if dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Canada is a Hamilton, Vettel track. I expect a big fight between these two guys if dry.
    I think vet will & should dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think vet will & should dominate.
    with FIA and Merc mini Sassi in our battery

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I never mention it is wrong to seek clarification with the FIA, this happens all the time.
    The issue here is how FIA is handling it.

Firstly, they've already use some monitoring hardware on our system and have cleared us.
    But they will still monitor us again in the next race. Just how many times are you going to do this?

Secondly, if such circumvention is possible, then maybe other teams are doing it as well. So why only monitor Ferrari and not everyone?

The front wing deflection you mention resulted in the FIA increasing the load of the deflection test, which of course is applicable to all teams as it should be.
    FIA did not just monitor Red Bull alone, they introduce safe guard measure that is applicable for all teams.
    FIA isn't just monitoring the Ferrari battery arrangement for one race, buddy. They'll be monitoring for the rest of the season.

If Ferrari isn't cheating, what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    1. The monitoring is unique as they can not measure it in the normal methods so other monitoring needed to be added.
    2. I can remember new tests devised to measure red bulls front wing flexing
    3. Seriously you lot are under the impression, Ferrari have never requested clarification on a opponent, seriously.
    Do you remember the flex tests of RBR to be undertaken under race conditions?
    Because AFAIK they were undertaken only under testing conditions.
    Which beg the question, why is it any different for Ferrari ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

to be honest i fear ferrari is indeed doing something that will get them in trouble or a part banned, it happened with the oil burning last year at canada and its just in time to happen again
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Noone forgets he's 20 yold. But that is something I personally don't care about. He has been given a SL and that means something. If he's prone to so many mistakes that there's even a web site about how long it has been since his last crash, there is something seriously wrong about the way he drives. If he poses a danger to his fellow drivers then he needs to put up or FIA (which incidentally is the body responsible for the security of the sport) needs to take measures about this.

But FIA seems to care for the depth of the pockets of the teams, may that be RBR or Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    to be honest i fear ferrari is indeed doing something that will get them in trouble or a part banned, it happened with the oil burning last year at canada and its just in time to happen again
    Did we get banned last year, or partially banned whatever that means ?

Even though he is 20, this is still his fourth season in Formula 1. Max's crashes are due to his personality as a driver, and that is why I tend to agree with Rosberg. He has the raw speed, but he lacks the finesse of an Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton. Without that, he will never be truly competitive over the span of an entire season unless he has the fastest car and no one in front of him. It's important to note that there is no shortage of drivers who can win this way, so his stock is not that high to me.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Do you remember the flex tests of RBR to be undertaken under race conditions?
    Because AFAIK they were undertaken only under testing conditions.
    Which beg the question, why is it any different for Ferrari ?
    ? tests on flexing wings etc were done at race weekends.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    FIA isn't just monitoring the Ferrari battery arrangement for one race, buddy. They'll be monitoring for the rest of the season.

If Ferrari isn't cheating, what's the big deal?
    We are clearly up to something, is it cheating or is it exploiting a grey area in the rules? I guess that's what the FIA can't work out.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Even though he is 20, this is still his fourth season in Formula 1. Max's crashes are due to his personality as a driver, and that is why I tend to agree with Rosberg. He has the raw speed, but he lacks the finesse of an Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton. Without that, he will never be truly competitive over the span of an entire season unless he has the fastest car and no one in front of him. It's important to note that there is no shortage of drivers who can win this way, so his stock is not that high to me.
    Noone forgets he's 20 yold. But that is something I personally don't care about. He has been given a SL and that means something. If he's prone to so many mistakes that there's even a web site about how long it has been since his last crash, there is something seriously wrong about the way he drives. If he poses a danger to his fellow drivers then he needs to put up or FIA (which incidentally is the body responsible for the security of the sport) needs to take measures about this.

But FIA seems to care for the depth of the pockets of the teams, may that be RBR or Mercedes.
    I'm just saying Max has plenty of time to grow and learn. He extended his contract with RB so there's no pressure to immediately perform, he just needs to get his act together, even if he fails this year RB won't sack him he has another chance to prove himself next year. I don't know time will tell, but Rosberg saying there's no hope for him is unfair. Besides, i remember last year being a success for him. If it weren't for so many technical issues he would've gained more points than Ricciardo. Ricciardo is way more clever though, especially this year he upped his game significantly in my opinion.

Would it not be prudent that Ferrari demand a FIA investigation into whether there are team orders between FI and Merc? How is that legal?
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We are clearly up to something, is it cheating or is it exploiting a grey area in the rules? I guess that's what the FIA can't work out.
    in regards to the flex wing situation from a few years back the FIA kept changing the rules to tighten things up. But that didnt stop the wings from fexing.

similarly they should figure out a test for this current situation. Why should be have to be monitored the whole race. They never developed a monitor for Red Bull during the race other than testing before or after the race.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    iThey never developed a monitor for Red Bull during the race other than testing before or after the race.
    Even though there's plenty of video evidence showing their wing flexing

in regards to the flex wing situation from a few years back the FIA kept changing the rules to tighten things up. But that didnt stop the wings from fexing.

similarly they should figure out a test for this current situation. Why should be have to be monitored the whole race. They never developed a monitor for Red Bull during the race other than testing before or after the race.
    Exactly what I am saying.
    Every test was conducted per parc ferme rules, not during race.
    Why is it now different ?

Would it not be prudent that Ferrari demand a FIA investigation into whether there are team orders between FI and Merc? How is that legal?
    Well, that's a very valid question.

You know the answer to that question; because its Ferrari and we need to be stopped at any cost. Such a helpless feeling being a Ferrari fan these days knowing that whatever we do the Merc/FIA will stop us from being ahead. On top of that it doesn't help that our staff keep going to rival teams. So much hate for Ferrari in the F1 world, yet Ferrari brings so much passion, history, fans, and money to the sport.

To add, it also doesn't help when other drivers just move over for Rat boy to pass with ease and nothing comes of it from the FIA. Liberty is slowly destroying the sport, FIA and the Media have obvious bias to our competitors. The sport that I love is in a very sad state right now.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 29th May 2018 at 19:29.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

How do they test flex in race? they put loads on the wings and if it passes then it's legal? Not like our wings never flexed either lol and it done nothing to slow Red Bull down even when the FIA increased the load tests.
    Forza Ferrari

The flex rule states a static load test and it's done like that.
    If you pass the the test and then you flex like hell on track you are still legal.
    Now, tell me how can you conduct a static parc fermè test that checks how many energy is transferred from ERS to MGU-K during every lap in the race?

As stated by Charlie W. the other teams ERS management is straightforward and easily checked with the standard sensors/software.
    Last edited by gvera; 29th May 2018 at 20:23.