Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Even though he is 20, this is still his fourth season in Formula 1. Max's crashes are due to his personality as a driver, and that is why I tend to agree with Rosberg. He has the raw speed, but he lacks the finesse of an Alonso, Vettel, or Hamilton. Without that, he will never be truly competitive over the span of an entire season unless he has the fastest car and no one in front of him. It's important to note that there is no shortage of drivers who can win this way, so his stock is not that high to me.
    Fastest car and nobody in front of him, you just described Vettle to a tee, before he came to Ferrari! Now pole isn't even enough for him to win. Alonso and Hamilton have been around a little longer than Max the 20 yr. old. As you said having the fastest car and no one in front of him would be great for Max or most any other driver , ask Lewis. I believe Nico's WDC was a payoff by Merc to get rid of him for Bottas. Max makes the races worth watching. The tire colors just aren't enough. I agree with you 100%, put Max in Lewis or even Bottas car and and up front from the get, is all needs , even at 20 yrs' old. He probably could lap the #2 driver!
    I'm glad Leclerc came out safe and ok ,that was some mess car wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How do they test flex in race? ...
    From a technical perspective .....
    A strip of conductive particles hooked up to a sensor. As the particles get further apart (ie flexing) the resistance increases. This would be like many of the sensors already on the cars, probably smaller and also can log data to the ECU. I dare say it would be smaller, lighter and less disruptive to the cars performance that what the FiA made Ferrari fit and run with in Monaco.
    Last edited by enjaybel3; 30th May 2018 at 10:24.

If its a grey area then the fool in automibles the fia need to fix this and clearly clarrify there position whilst its grey and it may be exploited that does not equal cheating how many other teams exploit grey areas and push boùndaries they all do but because vet takes pole 2 times at the start of the season and blows merc away then ferrari are cheating thats a big pill to swallow and and even bigger one for mercedes to except they are beatable and at this point very vunerable and will stop at nothing in slowing down the ferrari juggernaut how pathetic are they toto and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Fastest car and nobody in front of him, you just described Vettle to a tee, before he came to Ferrari! Now pole isn't even enough for him to win. Alonso and Hamilton have been around a little longer than Max the 20 yr. old. As you said having the fastest car and no one in front of him would be great for Max or most any other driver , ask Lewis. I believe Nico's WDC was a payoff by Merc to get rid of him for Bottas. Max makes the races worth watching. The tire colors just aren't enough. I agree with you 100%, put Max in Lewis or even Bottas car and and up front from the get, is all needs , even at 20 yrs' old. He probably could lap the #2 driver!
    I'm glad Leclerc came out safe and ok ,that was some mess car wise.
    My point is that Vettel and Hamilton won their first championships when they were 23 and Alonso when he was 24. Vettel won his first in his sixth season, Hamilton in his second, and Alonso in his fifth. Compare where they were with two to six seasons under their belts to where Verstappen is in his fourth season. He's still smacking into everyone on the grid and there are no consequences unless he hits Ricciardo. He's FIA's personality of the year, so he's like teflon! His personality and attitude are lousy, which carries over to his racing, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 30th May 2018 at 13:55.

Disappointed Since 2010

My point is that Vettel and Hamilton won their first championships when they were 23 and Alonso when he was 24. Vettel won his first in his sixth season, Hamilton in his second, and Alonso in his fifth. Compare where they were with two to six seasons under their belts to where Verstappen is in his fourth season. He's still smacking into everyone on the grid and there are no consequences unless he hits Ricciardo. He's FIA's personality of the year, so he's like teflon! His personality and attitude are lousy, which carries over to his racing, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Valid point. It’s still not excusable for max.
    One would & should rectify their mistake if it happened at once. If it’s not rectified then it’s not a mistake, it’s madness or deliberate.

He's been put on notice by his team now so we'll see if he matures a bit this season...but you are correct in that he only got that notice after Baku.

The consequence is he's DNF! I hope he never crashes again. As you say, he has a aggressive driving attitude, he want's to win. I hope he realizes exactly what he's doing wrong. Again I believe , Max at pole and up front with a car that can get him there and a team that will let him be on pole and start in 1st, he's going to be a F- Pirelli champion for sure. Last race finishing in the points only shows Max can drive.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Valid point. It’s still not excusable for max.
    One would & should rectify their mistake if it happened at once. If it’s not rectified then it’s not a mistake, it’s madness or deliberate.
    IT's madness to believe Max deliberately drives to crash. A podium and 9th place in the points from the back + a penalty I believe that shows he's trying to stay clear of a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    The flex rule states a static load test and it's done like that.
    If you pass the the test and then you flex like hell on track you are still legal.
    Now, tell me how can you conduct a static parc fermè test that checks how many energy is transferred from ERS to MGU-K during every lap in the race?

As stated by Charlie W. the other teams ERS management is straightforward and easily checked with the standard sensors/software.
    You don't need to do this test for every single lap of the race. You can bench test the engine and see if there are discrepancies during the energy transfer of the battery.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The consequence is he's DNF! I hope he never crashes again. As you say, he has a aggressive driving attitude, he want's to win. I hope he realizes exactly what he's doing wrong. Again I believe , Max at pole and up front with a car that can get him there and a team that will let him be on pole and start in 1st, he's going to be a F- Pirelli champion for sure. Last race finishing in the points only shows Max can drive.
    No dude. He can DNF all he likes as long as he is not taking people along with him. The moment he starts doing that, he 's a danger. This is what we're telling you. DANGER MR ROBINSON! lol
    If he cannot improve, if he keeps crashing and destroys other peoples' and teams races, he needs to go.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    No dude. He can DNF all he likes as long as he is not taking people along with him. The moment he starts doing that, he 's a danger. This is what we're telling you. DANGER MR ROBINSON! lol
    If he cannot improve, if he keeps crashing and destroys other peoples' and teams races, he needs to go.
    Well said!

Red Bull think that Ferrari cheat with DRS ? rear wing open during drs more than 6,5 sm is this true?

Wolff confirms Force India team order
    https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/w...ia-team-order/

So mercs have 3 cars in the top ten now. pathetic
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Wolff confirms Force India team order
    https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/w...ia-team-order/

So mercs have 3 cars in the top ten now. pathetic
    I think some of us now this already. That pass was so easy for Lewis against Ocon.

Oh well, if they can do it, I'm more than sure we can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think some of us now this already. That pass was so easy for Lewis against Ocon.

Even though we all knew it, im surprised there is nothing against this. remembering ralf always given hell when michael overtook him fairly but now different teams are taking race orders from another and there's nothing to stop this. now we have to keep counting perez, ocon as obstacles when passing or pitting. Haas and Sauber are backmarkers now sadly i doubt they can ever help. Kimi and seb are given hell when they try to work together and they are on the same team. its insane
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

RedBull is not getting Renaults engine upgrade for the Canadian GP per Autosport.

RedBull is not getting Renaults engine upgrade for the Canadian GP per Autosport.
    Hope renault treats them like dirt, would be sweet karma, although i still see rb getting there way with the upgrade at canada.

So when Lewis or bottas are backend of any haas/Sauber car, we can order the both teams to not let mercs cars pass by give them a tough nut.

Then sky will come up shouting.

I’m reall off with this circus show.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So when Lewis or bottas are backend of any haas/Sauber car, we can order the both teams to not let mercs cars pass by give them a tough nut.

Then sky will come up shouting.

I’m reall off with this circus show.
    exactly!!!! not just sky though fia will make sure to penalise ferrari for it for some new rule they'l find

Rumors of Mercedes buying Force India this past two weeks might just be true as

Vijay Mallya has stepped down as a director of Force India

not confirmed yet....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...anada-1043415/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    copy that.

Renault has new engine spec ready for CanadianGP but is not convinced "it's the best to introduce it in all 6 cars, in particular #RedBull," says Abiteboul

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Rumors of Mercedes buying Force India this past two weeks might just be true as

Vijay Mallya has stepped down as a director of Force India
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Deg7qdjW4AAU35V.jpg
    More like Rich Energy drink....these sources are current.

https://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOn...ource-20180525

http://www.euronews.com/2018/05/24/e...-change-owners

sweet im glad

IT's madness to believe Max deliberately drives to crash. A podium and 9th place in the points from the back + a penalty I believe that shows he's trying to stay clear of a crash.
    Nobody is accusing him of trying to crash or not being fast. He's being accused of recklessness, entitlement, and ambivalence. One good climb from behind is meaningless compared to the millions of dollars he has caused in damages to his team and others this season.

Disappointed Since 2010

Nobody is accusing him of trying to crash or not being fast. He's being accused of recklessness, entitlement, and ambivalence. One good climb from behind is meaningless compared to the millions of dollars he has caused in damages to his team and others this season.
    You left out that podium spot he won. I believe he's coming along, he want's to be with Ferrari. I'm accusing Max of being a future WDC. If Grosejean was allowed to continue in F1 and now still drives in F Pirelli with his record of crashes, and that other driver who's name starts with M, Max should be given the recognition he deserves as a sure future WDC with the right team, and car. BTW I don't know what ambivalence means? Is it a compliment?

Max doesnt have more than a year and a half in F1 left. And I'm being kind

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Max doesnt have more than a year and a half in F1 left. And I'm being kind
    Your being kind for sure. F-E is taking all the known names. Pirelli will be running out of colors, Lewis may hit 100 poles. Who could blame Max or any other top driver if they skip town for another show. Ferrari being totally abused by the midget & FIA in general. Ferrari was and still is F1 , with no respect from those in charge.

Your being kind for sure. F-E is taking all the known names. Pirelli will be running out of colors, Lewis may hit 100 poles. Who could blame Max or any other top driver if they skip town for another show. Ferrari being totally abused by the midget & FIA in general. Ferrari was and still is F1 , with no respect from those in charge.
    F-E has not taken any names, not to mention all the known names in F1. There isnt a single driver on the F1 grid who would give their place to go to FE. What are you talking about?

I have to agree with you, names like Lewis, Max for sure a future WDC in F1 , Bottas , Dan R, Stroll $$$, Leclerc without team orders. F1 is ok for them. Who know Kimi at the ripe old age of 70 might sign up @ FE . Mark Webber knows a little more than me and many other fans of F1 and he clearly says FE is more competitive than F1. And attracting drivers. Just think , Lewis described Monaco as intensely boring! Lack of sponsor$$ could also be a reason for drivers to go over to FE. Seats are expensive in F1, even if you drive well in F2 you need the big bucks. If your color blind , forget it! If Seb misses a few more wins off of pole pos. , who knows how he will feel?
    Villeneuve, Di Grassi, Piquet, Bruno Senna, Nick Heidfield, D Ambrosio,, the guy who beat Lewis and retired from F1, now Felipe Massa. As long as the likes of Max is driving F1 , I for one will always be watching F1, even if Pirelli and the FIA are calling all the shots.