Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Monaco: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Thats crazy talk and you know it
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Good day gentlemen. I will leave you with the negativity bandwagon, that seems to have arrived

The real test for us is indeed Canada. Can we be back to pre-Barcelona form? Or was that a sign of things to come? I’m anxious, but very happy today! For Ricciardo as an Aussie, and for Ferrari - this was the maximum we could have hoped for considering our car philosophy this year. We made the same compromise Mercedes did, but we beat em at their own game. Hopefully this continues!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This so called track should be removed from calendar ASAP!!!!
    Absolutely mate ...a real borefest this one

With longer wheelbase our twisty circuits edge is gone IMO. RB favourites for Hungary and Singapore.

Redbulls were expected to win here, don't understand all the constant negativity towards the drivers and team.

Overtaking is impossible if your cars are similar speeds...
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

good result. I´m hyped for canada. I think we should have the fastest car there, with less drag and the most powerful engine.

congrats to Dan and RBR, but...
    i don't understand why Seb couldn't attack Dan since he had much less power?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    He gained much on the straights, but lost everything in the corners and S3.

Seb Sprays Newey
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

very boring track, only one who did anything interesting was dani ric surviving if he had his car normal would'v been a sleeper. very well deserved. hopefully canada isnt another spain. hamilton, lauda and mercedes very cocky and hint/mention everytime that they know they will be fastest since spain's results. Seb was having dash issues. hopefully CE doesnt need a change or that might be a ten place grid penalty
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

he's tyres were slipping but he gained on the few straights before slipping and sliding again, dani ric harvested everything and only used it on the straights so seb could never have pace to reach him in time i think
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Dirty air so bad traction out of the corners and monaco is just impossible to overtake if the cars are similar in speed
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Monocco is not a race its for the beautiful people of the world to compare bank books and do business the race the f1 cars are just back ground noise going borely round and round should be scrapped.

Well, that wasn't a very eventfull race, although as predicted. Qualifying basicly was the race, too bad Kimi couldn't beat Lewis yesterday. Seb tried but he couldn't get close to Ricciardo. I was hoping we could outscore Merc by some 25 points here in Monaco and Canada. 5 points today makes it hard to accomplish. Canada should be a two-stopper with the same compounds and then drivers will be able to push more than today. Going for two stops today would lose everything. We now badly need a 1-2 i Canada as Paul Ricard is next after that and new versions of tyres again as in Barcelona.

Seb sprayed the princess and she wasn't very happy about it.

We did good guys. Managed to maintain second place and defeat Lewis so the difference in the WDC is smaller now. The championship continues in Canada which is a very exciting venue and have big hopes we will prevail there.

Seb managed to scare the crap out of me with that lock up towards the end though

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Well, that wasn't a very eventfull race, although as predicted. Qualifying basicly was the race, too bad Kimi couldn't beat Lewis yesterday. Seb tried but he couldn't get close to Ricciardo. I was hoping we could outscore Merc by some 25 points here in Monaco and Canada. 5 points today makes it hard to accomplish. Canada should be a two-stopper with the same compounds and then drivers will be able to push more than today. Going for two stops today would lose everything. We now badly need a 1-2 i Canada as Paul Ricard is next after that and new versions of tyres again as in Barcelona.

Seb sprayed the princess and she wasn't very happy about it.
    lol knowing the fia they will want to give seb a grid penalty for that, is paul richard similar to barcelona? anyone knows which track conditions its closest to?

Yeah you literally cant pass on this track unless your car REALLY has a speed advantage against another car. At one point Bottas was the fastest man on track but he couldn't even get by Raikkonen.

Honestly the best race so far was Bahrain. And I am talking about real racing, not chaos. China would have been a procession if the Safety Car didn't come out. Baku was only interesting when the two Red Bulls crashed. Australia, Spain and Monaco were not good at all.

so basically horse power is completely useless around Monte Carlo.

Chassis is king in Monaco.

in a way, yeah....that is correct
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    lol knowing the fia they will want to give seb a grid penalty for that, is paul richard similar to barcelona? anyone knows which track conditions its closest to?
    Pirelli will bring a 2.0 versions of three compounds there. I believe it's the same three as Barcelona. Circuit is different though although it has some fast corners as Barcelona.

Good result for the team, solid P2 and P4.. With more overtaking opportunities it would perhaps been P1 and P2, but perhaps we would have lost out on the last few laps.. RIC/RBR were the better this weekend and deserve the win.. We were lucky VER screwed up yesterday. Don't forget this is only Vettel's 3rd podium, we needed that
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Awful lot of gushing by Sky for a very uninspiring race. Kudos to Ric for managing his race!

Glad Max got a warning from his pit wall to keep passes clean. Could be his golden boy status has worn out with the stewards of the race.
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Pirelli will bring a 2.0 versions of three compounds there. I believe it's the same three as Barcelona. Circuit is different though although it has some fast corners as Barcelona.
    thank you, sucks... lol i want another bahrain

Horner on DR:

"He was not going to give this race up. We loose the MGU-K halfway into the race. He lost 2 tenths per lap."

"They told us on the intercom that we might have to retire in two more laps. Then the tyres dropped off."

"He has lost 25% of the engine. That then puts the rear breaks going through the roof. He has to cool the brakes. Cool the car"

"He totally nailed it. He was the coolest guy out there. The chassis is just fantastic. He was pulling away from LH without an MGU-K"

on Max:

"To finish 9th. He was right behind Gasly and Hulkenberg. A well controlled race. He will approach Montreal in a different manner"

Does anybody has a good stream for Indy 500?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I just realized we didn't see the Ferrari pit wall once during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    I just realized we didn't see the Ferrari pit wall once during the race.
    that's cause it was a lot of action on track mate.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Hamilton: "Montreal should be good for us. We wait this week to see what the FIA has to say about Ferrari ruling (told its done already)"